Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Nightrain lives!

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by hudsonjoe49, Feb 21, 2022.

1. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Did you get all the pictures too! Mueller showed me a bunch of pictures from the photo shoots for some of the magazines.

chryslerfan55, hudsonjoe49 and Stogy like this.
  2. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

I agree with those who said it'd look much better with the trim and rear bumper. It gives the car a much classier/sharper look. It might be easier said than done though.
    [​IMG]

3. What's under the hood?

Stogy likes this.
  4. hudsonjoe49

hudsonjoe49

350 trans with 700 R4. It’s been updated by previous owner.

Stogy and Sancho like this.
  5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20220224_164315.jpg

@hudsonjoe49, what are we seeing in that rear bumper area in it's current state of restoration?

I understand it's shaved and smoothed out but there are other details that look like lights...

Were you involved in this restoration of this Custom you now own?

Just curious as what a customer wants is certainly not what someone such as yourself would have done...

That all said the former Owner did an admirable job even though it wasn't a complete return to past Excellence...

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Love seeing this one glad you've brought it over to share :)

lothiandon1940, hudsonjoe49 and Stogy like this.
  7. williebill

williebill

In post #33, is that the original Hudson bumper? Looks a lot like a Packard rear bumper to me, from the late 40s.

chryslerfan55, hudsonjoe49 and Stogy like this.
  8. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

currently for sale in the classifieds

hudsonjoe49 and Stogy like this.
  9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Gotta pay for the hotrods some how lol.

been following this the last year Plus on Instagram seeing it get tweaked and brought back to life has been really cool.

need more of this on the hamb.

10. So this was just a infomercial? ;)

11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

He never mentioned it being for sale in this post , he’s been a member for a long time but hasn’t posted regularly for a while.

he started posting again recently. I think I’d be less quick to bust his balls on a car for sale and just be thankful there’s another person out there who cares about customs and wants to share. Or maybe custom guys like making those posts about no one caring about customs.

your call I guess

12. No ball busting here. I really don’t care what anyone thinks or does. I thought it was a “hey check out my new ride thread”. Kind of sad that it was like net searching for a review of a product that ends with a buy it here tab at the end.
    It works for Amazon, more power to him. :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    chryslerfan55 and hudsonjoe49 like this.
  13. hudsonjoe49

hudsonjoe49

Reason #121 on why I don’t post much here

14. Rand Man

Rand Man

Interesting, rare, well done, I like.

hudsonjoe49 and Stogy like this.
  15. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

but at least you don't get attacked by right wingers here ;)

chryslerfan55 and hudsonjoe49 like this.
  16. junkman8888

junkman8888

For some reason it reminds me of what "George Jetson" used to pilot on his way to work, in other words a flying shingle with a bubble on top.

17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for sharing this Custom in a formal Thread and why not, I mean it's a true Hamb era survivor regardless of it's current config...Many Hotrods and Customs make their rounds through the Hamb and end up in the Classified...some take years to end up for sale some months some weeks...

I'm not a builder but a tinkerer and am appreciative of what you all do regarding what defines the Hamb...I share content and add my 50 cents worth to Threads I enjoy...Please look past the negative...

My current ride was a build here and I've enjoyed and continue to enjoy it and share it as part of the experience here...Some day I will let it go and list in the classified as many here I suspect might be interested...why not life's like that...

Many here have pretty sizable collections of vintage cars and wheel and deal all the time...that's life in this culture...

To me I'm thankful that you have populated the Hamb with a plethora of seriously interesting Period material over the years. Please continue to do so...This place is always a mix of good and not so good opinions...and yes the Custom Crowd gets a lot of flak but Hotrods are not immune by any means...

I try to ignore it...there's way more good here than bad...

Your Roadster is a favorite of mine and I am so overwhelmed with content here as there is so much to discover...I just revisited one of your Threads here on it...and to me it never gets old...

I wish I had the wherewithal to do what so many of you do but at the end of the day I enjoy what everyone's up to and pull up a virtual chair and spread the Gospel as Ryan puts it...and that's why I'm here...bring it on Joe, I for one enjoyed everything you shared for sale or not...OH!! and I did ask you a couple of questions...:)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  18. hudsonjoe49

hudsonjoe49

I try not to hang out here too long . I just post and go on with building cars, studying old photographs or reading about other parts of the world.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  19. hudsonjoe49

hudsonjoe49

Thank you I’m just trying to keep the history going and unfortunately it’s very expensive and I have to make money to buy historic cars and memorabilia. I always try to get the nicest examples in my collection.

20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Joe, I'm glad you chimed, in shared some real cool stuff and to me I totally get wheeling and dealing and don't have any issues with your style, rather I admire it...;)

...Yes living on here is not really good for anyone, but there is as Ryan would say, a Shiload of stuff to research and appreciate and like you I am just as connected to the world as well...as f'd up as it is...

Your in Cali too, one of Hotrod/Customs meccas...We have a much smaller contingent of Hamb period Hotrod this way so the Hamb ticks that box in a big way...Local cruises are virtually void of vintage style rides...

I'm excited about that old Hotrod you found and hope you or one of us finds out some more about it...but I know that's not always easy...as I found out with it and @FlyinA's T...but I'm always looking with you fellas in mind...good talking to you...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  21. Sum54ford

Sum54ford
    from St. Louis

BB8D53DE-CCDE-4172-877F-292779C02452.jpeg
    I came across this in the KKOA book today. It looks like Dick Dean did some of the restoration work on the car. It is a very cool old Kustom! Thank you for sharing it here.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  22. C0ra1l1

C0ra1l1

There is some short footage regarding Nighttrain found in a Finnish vintage oriented TV-series (https://areena.yle.fi/1-50203295?autoplay=true). Some three years ago they paid a visit to Jason Fischer's shop in Montana California. Before that - they were told - Nightrain was in some kuston shop in San Bernardino.
    I suppose you will have to register for free account if you want to see that episode "Old stuff hunters from Finland".

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and Tim like this.
  23. 50 Merc Man

50 Merc Man

Sweetest Hudson I’ve ever seen bro!!!!
    Happy motoring!!!!

hudsonjoe49, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  24. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Great car and a neat little piece of history.

ironandsteele.com

hudsonjoe49 likes this.
  25. 51 mercules

51 mercules

We also helped Mueller move it around for the set up at the Customs Them & Now Now at the GNRS in 2011. There was no interior then and the windows were covered up.

hudsonjoe49, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  26. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin