Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Stolen ‘34 coupe Iowa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32fenderless, Feb 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 32fenderless

32fenderless

This 34 5 window was stolen last weekend in Southern Iowa (Winterset) area. It belongs to family of an old classmate of mine. They drug it out of a barn of an abandoned property in broad daylight.
    Thieves suck

4FD34C8B-E821-4FD4-8205-25C798B84855.png

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2022
  2. chevrolet50steve

chevrolet50steve

Tie them to the back of the car and drag ‘em,thieving scum!!

3. Squablow

Squablow

Obviously stealing is wrong and I would never condone it no matter what the situation, but I do have to question why this car would be stored in a barn on an abandoned property.

4. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Exactly my thought, but not my decision to make. I'll be watching here in Kansas City, not too far from Winterset at all.

5. Oldiesmiles

Oldiesmiles

Closed trailers move things during quiet times.
    Sorry to hear this.
    Any Enforcement willing,
    Knowledgeable?

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. 32fenderless

32fenderless

Apparently it had been there for a long time. I don’t know this part of the family or their circumstances. At least it was inside. Still didn’t deserve to have it stolen.
    stolen in broad daylight on an open trailer. Several camara’s caught it going through town behind a crew cab Chevy 03-06 3/4 ton

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Abandon property? Jeez

9. Those sure look like Falcon hubcaps on the front wheels.

10. alchemy

alchemy

Swap meet season in Iowa is right around the corner. I'll keep an eye out for it or any pieces.

WalkerMD and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

Well let’s spread said picture of haul truck around ?

46international and loudbang like this.
  12. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

What a lot of folks call "abandoned" property, is actually just not-lived-on-anymore. Usually due to the house needing too much repair(lots of reasons for that senario), or damaged/dilapidated because it wasn't rented out(the list of excuses not to rent it from the farm-family is arm-long. Not always valid, just arm-long.). They still own it, & use the land. Truly "abandoned" land would be confiscated by the STATE due to non-payment of taxes, & then by an "investor", or another farmer.
    To the OP, I can relate on a couple of levels. I hope your buddy gets it back, in one piece. & soon. Trouble is, esp w/the statutes as they are now(both written, & esp enforced - well, lack of, actually), criminals pretty much have
    carte blanche. ;( .
    Marcus...

Yes, posting pics & detailed description of escaping truck n trailer, w/plate #s, could be helpful. There are a lot of kind folks on this board, that would be willing to keep eyes open.

13. 32fenderless

32fenderless

I used the family’s wording of abandoned property when in actuality it should have read unoccupied property.

14. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Would anyone here leave that car on unoccupied property? Not me!

15. rusty valley

rusty valley

Often these old farms are kept just for the land to be farmed, or rented. If the buildings are junk, they let them get worse and the general attitude would be that its an abandoned property. BUT...when the buildings are in good shape most times there is something being stored inside whether it be a boat, a camper, a car or farm machinery. very few would be empty. sorry for the car, it'll show up I bet

hotrodjack33 and WalkerMD like this.
  16. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

Well it’s like a “ Amber Alert “. Quick, Accurate Information.
    If there are Pictures, some one has to encourage the family to obtain them , and post everywhere possible.

WalkerMD likes this.
  17. Sorr
    Sorry but I agree - with just junk bodies going for over $30,000.00 at auction - somebody knew it was there and will resale just the body. Hopefully there are some unique owner identifying info that can be shared as well.

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Current photos would be a lot more help. If it had been sitting in a shed out on a piece of property, the car probably doesn't look close to the photos.
    Thefts like that if you can't see the vehicle from the road usually track back to someone who knew it was there running off at the mouth. You buddy who saw it five years ago does the "OH yea, my buddy's family has one of those coupes in a shed out on their old farm down by--- and somewhere along the line someone who is less than stellar gets the info.

19. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@32fenderless can we get some of those photos and video from the "several cameras" that caught it. I have a few sites I can put them on, and buddies I can send them to. Let's help catch those useless bastards.

20. 32fenderless

32fenderless

Attached Files:

Hamtown Al and loudbang like this.
  21. rusty valley

rusty valley

"The neighbor saw them dragging the coupe with a flat tire" WTF !! my neighbors would have done something besides watch it go away!

22. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

23. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

sorry to hear about stolen ,
    First pic to my opinion would not look like a abandon car, Then picks of car on trailer Now that looks to be a Car left & forgotten about , still this day here in Norther Va 30 miles surrounding area cars are seen sitting abound in grown up Field , building grown over & camouflaged , either way its stolen !!!

All my vehicles & body parts / etc. I have stamped #s & symbols that do not make sense in unknown locations beside what I want to be seen ,only known to me with pics.

X-cpe and alanp561 like this.
  24. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

25. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I'd follow the escape route and distribute (post in their window if you can) those truck pics at every roadside gas stop and convenience store along the way. If the thieves were bold enough to roll that car down the road on an open trailer they're dumb enough to stop for a snack or have to stop for fuel because they didn't make the steal with a full tank. You'd have to hope a clerk recalled the "antique car on the trailer", then you could hope for better store surveillance pics of the truck plates and the perps.
    Looking at the map, they traveled from Winterset, 16 miles to St. Charles (where the truck photos were captured). A mile further east lies Interstate 35. I'd bet they went South on 35. My logic is that if they were going to be heading Northward (from Winterset), they may have taken the 169 north straight out of Winterset up to the 80 without having to drive through a single small town such as St.Charles. I'd hit all the gas stops along the 35. Also check to see if the State has cameras at the Interstate rest stops.
    The truck appears to possibly have white colored plates if that helps I.D. a State.

26. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This came across Facebook this morning E24FB83A-0A47-416A-A6E5-9173E55898EF.jpeg

flatheadpete and Packrat like this.
  27. Budget36

Budget36

Damn, the way you described the exit route it was like watching an episode of CSI!

hrm2k likes this.
  28. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hope it works. The '40 Ford pickup that got stolen here in the Greater Chattanooga area was found due to the immediate posting of it's theft by the owner's family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.