Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Your worst car insult by someone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Papas32

Papas32
    from No.Ia.

About 40 yrs ago my younger brother was taking an automotive class in high school. He had forgotten something and asked me to drop it off at the Vo-tech building. I pulled in with my 39 and the instructor saw me. He brought the class out to look at the car. He started out with saying they don't build cars like that anymore etc. etc.. He then asked me to open the hood so he could explain to the class about flatheads. I popped the hood and he almost had a heart attack when he saw a small block chevy with three two's. He said I had ruined a perfectly good car and stomped back into the classroom. My brother said after I left the class had a lecture about the damned hot rodders!

2. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would have left it on the table.

southerncad, CME1 and LAROKE like this.
  3. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The volunteers at the benefit show didn’t know any better, so I just laughed it off.
    My buddy’s enjoyed it !

'28phonebooth and G-son like this.
  4. Not really an insult, but funny......"I'm confused as to why there are Ford Blue ovals on this car. I know it's a Chevy"
    (That was about my avatar)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    The_Cat_Of_Ages and Woogeroo like this.
  5. George

George

used to hear this on an O/T car.

6. 34 5W Paul

34 5W Paul
    from Fresno CA

Mine was a series of direct insults. Delivered with force.
    I had an OT '70s car I had lowered, added daisy mags, shaved the emblems. My Dad and I removed all the dents and had it professionally repainted in a brighter white than the original. I liked it. Occasionally at gas stations guys would comment, "nice ride" which to me, all these years later, I think is really cool of somebody to throw out there.
    At some point a middle eastern fellow in a new Benz ran a red light and although I took evasive action, he clipped the front bumper of my "nice ride". I still had stitches in my head from an unrelated fight, so when I got out to deal with this guy, my gf yelled "don't hit him! Don't start anything!!!"
    The Benz driver had stopped in the middle of the road, got out and marched right at me. He shouted "your car is SHIT! (unintelligible shouting) your car is SHIT!!!" and shoves me hard in my chest. Had my gf not pretty much made it clear after the last incident that I was on verrrrry thin ice with her, I would have dropped this dude with one punch.
    I did not.
    After all the dust settled and we went our own ways, my world-traveling future pa in law informed me that in some undeveloped countries, the more valuable car/mode of travel has the right of way.
    Ohhhhhhh. Well glad that's not the case here.
    And my car was def not SHIT!!!

When I go to cruise ins and shows, I am very careful not to say anything that could be overheard and taken as an insult. Dude has it running and driving and has invested tons of time, show some respect.

Texas57, Just Gary, das858 and 3 others like this.
  7. Januar 2022 1765.JPG

"whew, seems to be a prototype of a Tatra twodoor car" :confused:

8. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I light of recent events, when asked "what year is it?", I am answering 2022, sorry about your coma, hope you are feeing better.

9. Hillbilly Werewolf

Hillbilly Werewolf

Thanksgiving day, after my parents found out that my wife and I had bought my '48, my mother took me aside to tell me she "wasn't impressed" and that I " was a disappointment" to her.
    Thanks Mom!

das858, hotrodjack33 and tr_rodder like this.
  10. I had an OT Chevelle in high school in the late 90s. It used to piss me off when people would think it's a Nova. Memorable instances were a couple of particularly dopey high school kids, and a particularly cocky state trooper. Looking back, I think what bothered me more was who it was coming from, and not so much the error itself. I don't think it would bother me at all now if I still had the car, and no offense to the Nova owners out there.

Had an OT Mustang entered in the Fun Ford show with some friends. Got a plaque for "Best Under Construction". Uh, thanks? It was a pretty clean ~18 year old (at the time) 65k mile car with a bunch of bolt-ons on a mostly stock drivetrain, some suspension, and wheels. Only reason for the plaque I can think of is that I'd bought a fairly superficial engine part at the swap meet and put it on while we were there, because why not?, and someone judging the show must've noticed that.

Same Mustang: the group of friends I ran around with at the time made a calendar of all our cars. I had a copy at work and a co-worker was flipping through it, stopped and said "I really don't like these 80s styled ones, they're so ugly". She was looking at mine.

I recently took my '50 Chevy 3100 to a cars & coffee thing in a more upscale part of one of the suburbs around here. There was a good mix of stuff, but lots of Euro performance, some really nice restored classics, newer pony/muscle cars, and a few hot rods. Overheard a guy standing behind my truck say with a disgusted tone, "This shouldn't be here." I had to laugh to myself. I wasn't surprised- I'd joked to my wife a couple times when we saw advertisements for the C&C that I wondered if they'd let me and my crusty truck in. Not shocked that someone didn't like it, but for what it's worth, the C&C staff were super nice and seemed grateful for everyone's participation and donations since it's for charity.

If I have strong enough feelings about someone else's car that I can't hold it in and just have to say something shitty out loud to someone about it, I wait until we're far enough away and make sure my buddy is the only one that can hear it. I don't understand the mentality of someone who goes out of their way to be rude or confrontational. The way I see it, if I have some issue with your car, that's my problem and I'm not gonna piss in your Cheerios over it. Usually it's just observations of differences in taste, so no reason to broadcast it and get anyone pissed off over it.

X-cpe and das858 like this.
  11. Hmm, well maybe her statement had nothing to do with the car, ever think that??:p

tr_rodder and Hillbilly Werewolf like this.
  12. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Probably the face tats and piercings. :eek::D

13. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

Back in my street racing days I could usually get a race going by asking the following...."Is that a racecar or is it just a race type car?"

Just Gary, 26 T Ford RPU and loudbang like this.
  14. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL. Before we were married, my Mom told my soon to be wife that she should "shop around...you can do better":eek::mad: True story:(

15. Shawn Wildman

Shawn Wildman

My dad and I were walking around the rod run in Pigeon Forge TN. My dad really isn’t much of a car guy so this was his first car show. We hadn’t walked far when he starts saying stuff like “I don’t like how they…” and “why would someone do that to a…” at a normal volume! He wasn’t trying to keep his comments just between us at all! I quickly pulled him aside and explained the rules of car show etiquette. After that he communicated his dis-approval of a car with a combination of eye rolls and mild facial expressions. I have to say it’s interesting getting a commentary about an old hot rod from someone who knows nothing about old cars. After I explained why the owner had done a certain modification to the car he often changed his opinion about it.

ebs121781, hotrodjack33 and tr_rodder like this.
  16. wicarnut

wicarnut

I started painting my Dad's Midget racer at around 15 and had built many model cars, already had several cars by 18, 1966 so I figured I can spray a car. Using Dad's old Binks gun I painted my 58 Impala ragtop in the driveway, my first complete bodywork/paint car, I was pretty proud of it. I realized after completion that I need to redo with some areas with more block type sanding and was waiting for the enamel to cure and at a cruise in type deal an "Expert" was asking who painted the car, I proudly said I did, I need to redo a few areas, his reply, What type broom did you use, looks like shit. I had no words for reply and watched him leave in a rusted clapped out POS. One of my first experiences dealing with an " Expert" from that time forward I give an expert the standard FU if I feel like talking to an Idiot/Asshat, usually I walk away, they are not worth my time. by wicarnut posted Jan 20, 2014 at 5:56 PM[/GALLERY]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  17. "When are you going to paint it and what color will it be?" (it's painted Ford Dove Grey)

'34 Ford pic #1.jpg

26 T Ford RPU, LAROKE and jimmy six like this.
  18. When are you going to get it painted? The other remark I had twice was two different ladies driving a Mercedes asking me what year was my Mercedes. My radiator ornament is a Peace Sign I told them and they pulled out in disgust.

Attached Files:

26 T Ford RPU, LAROKE and caseywheels like this.
  19. sunbeam

sunbeam

I had a 56 bird the first thing I did was get a 55 rear bumper.

20. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

my chopped 54 Chev sedan delivery...a young guy about 20 asked if it was a PT Cruiser. lake6.jpg

21. blue57ford

blue57ford

I don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere in this thread and I don't know if it still happens as I don't spend anywhere near the amount of time as I used to, but there was a time when it was not a good idea to ask anyone here on the hamb to help come up with a name for your car. And if you did, watch out. Time for rest of us to sit down and grab some popcorn.

22. Harv

Harv
    from Sydney

Ssshhh!!! not so loud man. You'll summon Fecals, Rashie, Kirk! et all.....:eek:

Cheers,
    Harv

23. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

I've lived in neighbourhoods like that!

34 5W Paul and hotrodjack33 like this.
  24. Nice Caddy, man! As I was sitting in my BUICK!:mad:

Ben

26 T Ford RPU and hotrodjack33 like this.
  25. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

And there was another guy who used to post shit that I would laugh about until tears came to my eyes. Wish I could remember who that was.

blue57ford likes this.
  26. texkbc

texkbc

are you going to leave those skinny wheels on it

dearjose and hotrodjack33 like this.
  27. "What's Daddy driving?"

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  28. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

What that car is, is gorgeous, really nice

40two likes this.
  29. walter

walter

After 9 years of building, block sanding, and polishing first time out I was told ( Just another BLACK car). Still sticks in my craw!

30. Mind you I couldn't care less about a stinkin trophy but at a local show ( about 150 cars), I stuck around for the trophy presentation. A buddy say "Hey Don they juust called yer name" so I go up and get it. Come back and look @ it. Laughing my ass off. It was for Best in Progress. The car is totally finished and had 15000 miles on it @ the time. Guess they thought no fenders = Not finished 2021 tan 32 2dr interior.jpg 2021 tan 32 2dr left rear.jpg 2021 tan 32 engine.jpg 2021 tan 32 on da lawn.jpg

34 5W Paul, VANDENPLAS, Lil32 and 6 others like this.