Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH JOHN KOVAR AKA HOT ROD JOHN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Del Clark, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Del Clark

Del Clark
    from DeLand,FL

Bought a set of 1932 Ford sedan Garnish moldings from him. I got them they were for a Mode A. I sent them back he refuses to give me my money back. Thousand dollars he stole from me.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2022
  2. alchemy

alchemy

Evidently you don’t do a search on peoples names before you do business. There are bad warnings about him right here on the HAMB beginning over a decade ago.

3. ...Is he on here? You didn't really say if this is where you made contact with him. If so, be sure to report him to the moderators.

4. Quick search here shows @Mac VP posted on July 25th 2019 that HotRod John Kovar had passed away.

5. .....Wow, the plot thickens.

6. Sorry that happened to you. People suck.

mad mikey and Joe Blow like this.
  7. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

So you bought parts from a dead guy? Lippy

8. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

There are good reasons why Ryan advises everyone to use PayPal.
    Not 100% insurance but much better than other ways. I’d guess there are Two different Hotrod Johns.
    Really sorry you got screwed.

chryslerfan55 and Joe Blow like this.
  9. Sounds to me like a hamb deal. You didn't advise otherwise. Have you notified @Ryan ? Where's the hot rod John located?

mad mikey and Joe Blow like this.
  10. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

Really dead or just hiding? If he is still around or if someone else is following in his foot steps find out his location and have “some friends” pay him a “visit”.
    The package you received must have originated from somewhere.

11. 5window

5window

Garnish moldings are $1000.00?? I had no idea. I'm not sending anyone $1K unless it's my kids or someone I have thoroughly checked out first.

12. mickeyc

mickeyc

32 -3 window reproduction garnish moldings are 1800+ yes they are pricey.

VANDENPLAS, Joe Blow and 5window like this.
  13. 5window

5window

Another reason to like my '31, though I lost one in the rebuild. Finally found it on a shelf in my youngest daughter's room behind her Smurf collection. She'd moved out 10 years before. Still haven't worked that one out. :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  14. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Ebay seller. If he went under, sounds like someone is carrying on the family tradition. Eight or more threads on here with warnings on this turd bird.
    This is his info from 2015: John Kovar, 7609 Carter Road, Sagamore Hills, Ohio, 44067 - Ph. 330-468-3027 [email protected]
    This is from a newspaper article from way back in 2010: The FBI and state police also searched a property at 7609 Carter Road in Sagamore Hills and found a disassembled 2000 yellow Corvette stolen from Ganley Chevrolet in Aurora on Oct. 10, 2009. Parts from three other stolen Corvettes also were found.

lucky ink, fauj, Carter and 12 others like this.
  15. His real name isn't even "John Kovar", but instead is John Kolvoord. Maybe he pronounces the latter like the former.

The 7609 Carter Road property was sold by a person named the latter in 2018 according to the Summit County, Ohio assessor, and a "John Kolvoord" owned the V-8 Shop which was registered at the same address with a long history of financial related suits.

16. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

On Model A Trader:
    Screenshot 2022-02-04 1.56.jpg.09 PM.png

17. What?!! That person is still around?
    That would piss me off too! That guy’s rep is worse than shit.
    Do you mind sharing how he is listed on the auction site so some of us other 32 folks don’t get screwed by this guy? Did you report it to the site?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  18. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

John Kovar passed away in July of 2019. Now, how is it possible to purchase garnish moldings from someone that has been gone for almost 2 1/2 years? Your money is long gone and there isn't a hope in hell it will be returned.

Carter and reagen like this.
  19. Guy Patterson

Guy Patterson

I don't know if it was the right person as when I checked the person I found was in Colorado on the date written here so the scammer could still be alive

20. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Cheesus, the guy's dead and still scamming people from the great beyond.

Carter, mad mikey and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. I say we hold a seance and call him back. Then kick his ass and send him back from whence he came! Just an idea...

22. Sounds like Ole John Kovar has produced offspring carrying on the tradition

23. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Thanks for bringing this to the HAMBs attention, a valuable service. There should be a “bulletin board” listing all the aholes that we should not even contemplate doing business with!

24. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

scammed by a kindergartner i say...only deal with hambers who have many many unrelated to selling posts...and / or have been a member for a while...the scam list is just more work for the boss.....buyer beware...

Tman, mad mikey and lothiandon1940 like this.
  25. HA! Getting screwed by this guy (or his namesake) is “traditional”.

26. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My money is on a phony death.

27. It isn't bad enough the world seems to be over populated with scammers,:mad: now there may be a zombie scammer.:eek:

28. Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice!!!

29. Hillbilly Werewolf

Hillbilly Werewolf

lothiandon1940 likes this.