Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Your worst car insult by someone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Nov 20, 2021.

1. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i have to agree. i once went to a car show with my BIL, who was about 18 years my junior, and he thought a morris minor was a VW, and when a deuce coupe rolled in, he yelled, "LOOK! A ZZ TOPP CAR!"

58oldsmobile88 likes this.
  2. trikejunkie

trikejunkie
    from Scotland

I often get ,"that will be a nice truck when you finish it".............well often being the past 20 odd years!!

3. Butler 32

Butler 32

Yup that's what I get to.

pprather likes this.
  4. Not the one in your avatar?

seb fontana and loudbang like this.
  5. exterminator

exterminator

Your mama wears army boots!

seb fontana and 210superair like this.
  6. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

I had a cute lil thang walk up to me yesterday, in the grocery parking lot, with a big all knowing smile she asked if my '39 Coupe was a Volvo?! Ugh! I didn't have the heart to pop her purty lil bubble, so I replied; "Wow, you sure know your cars!" She grinned and walked away... and I watched...

7. G-son

G-son
    from Sweden

[​IMG]

dan c, Texas57 and 210superair like this.
  8. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

An acquaintance mentioned that he heard I was building a Rat Rod. I fired back at him that was a derogatory remark and he shouldn't use it if he doesn't understand the meaning. I told him the $40,000 I had invested in my RPU would build 10 rat rods

9. johnnymac1

johnnymac1

At a cruise in with my 66 Corvette, a guy walked up, told his wife, " now honey, I know my Corvette's, it's either a split window or a t-top "

10. Having someone say ''that's in good condition ''when you have spent years rebuilding it.Or calling my old cars ''old fashioned'', no, they old as old fashioned is new but with old style. JW

11. CAVEMAN_1960

CAVEMAN_1960
    from Michigan

Us Corvair enthusiasts suffer fools often at cruise nights and/or car shows. The mere mention of that Ralph guy makes us bristle. I did get my revenge when Hagerty Insurance borrowed one of my 'Vairs and tested it to see if Ralph was wrong about them flipping over all on their own. Check out the YouTube video "Will the Corvair Kill You?".

12. the ls one always gets on my nerves. especially when im telling someone about all the work im doing to get my old Y block running again.

58oldsmobile88 and jimmy six like this.
  13. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

"invested" :rolleyes:

cretin and '28phonebooth like this.
  14. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I won best rat rod trophy for my “A”, I just laughed it off ! C9CE9F93-68BD-4850-B69F-85094F8A4A81.jpeg

15. George

George

Might ask Ernie Kovaks...

16. Rand Man

Rand Man

Sounds like it needs a tune up.

blowby and WB69 like this.
  17. damiankade

damiankade

my mom wears army boots, or construction boots but in her defense they are pink.

18. damiankade

damiankade

I have gotten the rat rod comment plenty of times but my wife calls it and any other 30's cars old man cars. Don't know why cause she still grins ear to ear when i light up the tires.

Attached Files:

19. I was insulted at a small local show when i lost ''most original Hot Rod'' to a T Bucket with no old parts, my RPU started its Hot Rod life in Utah in the '40's. JW
    [​IMG]

R A Wrench, Rand Man and dana barlow like this.
  20. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Ya,most of you's guy's could have a good car,if you put another car under that radiator cap !!!!!~!:p

That made me :D

LAROKE and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  21. indyjps

indyjps

Didn't get many insults about my cars over the years but do remember a few. Standard answer "what are you driving" most didn't have a vintage ride, a scoff was all it took to end the conversation. The couple guys that did provide an insult and actually had an old car " let's go line 'em up for $100 MF'er" never got any takers. I'm a little calmer now than I was back when fighting was "fun"

I see plenty of cars around that aren't very nice or done well. I just take a look and keep going. The owner likes them and enjoys them, that's all that matters.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  22. phoneman

phoneman
    from Missouri

Most insulted I ever felt was at a small car show close by. I was at my first car show in my 20's with a car I had just freshened up. They had a few extra trophy's and they said they had a tie for second places in my class. The other fellow had a nice 63 ford XL 390 4 speed he bought new. I told him how I really liked his car. His reply was "Its guys like you that make it rough on me, My car has never been painted on". I just replied most 22 year old cars don't have a single paint chip. I learned to treat car shows like a cruise in. I go display only, Make a donation and leave when I want to leave.

23. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Not an insult, on the contrary. Lacking the facilities, I had my DD's gas-flowed head and 272H cam fitted by a local Bulgarian who turned out to be such a baboon that his name is not mentioned in our household, even years later. He had every adjustment you could make to a car backwards, every single one. This time he was trying to dial in the cam, trying to get the engine to spin past 5000rpm by advancing the cam ever more, and obviously getting nowhere. But I needed the car, so I took it with a brutal-sounding but woefully toothless lope to the idle.

The next day I took it in for tyres and alignment. Now, in Afrikaans there is the word onbeskof, which means "impolite," but in Cape idiomatic Afrikaans more of "audaciously ill-mannered." The young guy who was doing the alignment had the car up on the lift, idling. "Dit klink onbeskof!" he said to me, with a grin: "That sounds impolite!"

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    DieterRewitzky, Fabulous50's and clem like this.
  24. cabong

cabong

Sometimes the little quiet insults are necessary. I was attending a Xmas party at the electrical distributor where I worked, and one of the attendees ran a small electrical contracting firm. He had the cowboy hat with feathers, pressed levi's with perfect seams, lizard foreskin cowboy boots, and drove a new red Ferrari, which he parked in the fenced storage yard. About 10 pm, I announced that the yard would be locked in 10 minutes, so whoever owns the Plymouth inside should move it. I announced three times before the stood up and proclaimed, "That's a FERRARI"....... Whatever, the gate gets locked in 10 minutes. Laughter abounded !!

25. cabong

cabong

A good friend has a '55 Chev gasser which he built many decades ago. He recently restored the bugger, and it is still very cool. Started with a salesman's coupe that had been bought new to deliver bundles of the "Oakland Tribune". That aside, he used to have a mid-'70's Citroen SM. It had hydropneumatic suspension, which was fully adjustable, on the fly, and went from 4-wheel drive high to flat on the road low. Very cool also.....

26. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

It'd be time for an interior change then for me.

58oldsmobile88 and choffman41 like this.
  27. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Saw your car on junk.com

28. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"No you can't buy my Deuce Coupe for $3,500."

Extremely insultive.

29. southerncad

southerncad

OK, maybe not a real insult, but it hurt, I was unloading my '57 Merc from the paint shop with a beautiful (spelled expensive) green & white paint job, when a neighbor walks by and says, "now all that needs is a red stripe on it and it would look like a Mexican flag!"....Ouch!

wicarnut, Fabulous50's and clem like this.
  30. ha, I got this all time with my 1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery ." Nice Hearse"