Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Help with door poppers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Christie, Jan 16, 2022.

1. I am trying to wire my door poppers to go off with a switch under the dash on each side. I got passenger side to work. However, when I wired the drivers side exactly the same as passenger, it’s going off the moment I attached battery cables. I decided to pin the 85 post on the relay to go directly to switch on driver side, (eliminating drivers relay wiring) now both solenoids go off as soon as battery is hooked up. Any help is greatly appreciated

2. SEAAIRE354

SEAAIRE354

Not really understanding exactly what you have done but the 85 terminal is is for switching so if it is hooked to the other side that would imply your trying to open both doors with one switch. If there going off when the battery is connected then the power source is connected to the wrong terminal somewhere. Not sure what relays you have bu #30 is power in.

210superair likes this.
  3. Ty so much , this is what I have it wired like to the passenger side. It works perfectly. But, when I have the additional door wired in any way, whether wired separately or jumped from the other switch, it wants to remain popping nonstop

Attached Files:

4. The switch is getting power when it should not. Either something is grounding. Or the switch is no good. Disconnect the switch. Leave the wires hanging, connect the battery. See what happens when you touch the two wires. Then try another switch.

6. Ok! I will check it out. Ty a bunch

7. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lookslike it should work providing the wiring for the transmitter is correct. I'd disconnect that and make sure its operating properly on the push button, then introduce the remote arrangement.

Don't put the control fob in your pocket when you're in range of the car. And rig up an alternative entry method should the electronics or electrics fail. Voice of experience here!

Chris

210superair likes this.
  8. That was it!! Bad switch! That was the one thing I did not think of! Thank you

9. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I second alternative entry option. Also from experience. I've got posts run up to my grille. If she dies I can jump it on those. I also have a button hidden in my gas cap if I lose my key fob, and always leave my vent window unlocked, so 4 ways in, jic...

10. Yeah install a back up pull cable someplace.

11. Going to install one on outside somewhere

210superair likes this.