Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Who's The Most Knowledgeable H.A.M.B.er

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Jan 15, 2022.

?

Who's the most knowledgeable H.A.M.B.er

Poll closed Jan 22, 2022.
  1. Moriaity

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Squirrel

26 vote(s)
    81.3%
  3. HRP Hotrodprimer

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Dean Lowe

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  5. Jimmy Six

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  6. Jeff Norwell

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

I was just reading a thread about custom taillight lenses, and within just a few minutes @Moriarity had the answer on who made them, then @squirrel had the right spelling and a link with info on them. So, this got me thinking about who's the most Knowledgeable H.A.M.B.er? unfortunately we lost falconegorge. It may come down to who has the most resources, Parts books, books, magazines, who knows how to use Google best, etc. on hand but here's a fun little poll to see who you think is the most knowledgeable here on the H.A.M.B. I can only think of two or three off the top of my head so I'll set up the poll so you can add your own choice.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    loudbang and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  2. safetythird

safetythird

I'm clearly the smartest guy in the room.

You just had to ask me-I'd tell you.

3. We don't need dick swinging contests. There are so many knowledgable guys and gals here, each with their own soecialty. Even more who no longer post here.

4. squirrel

squirrel

I'd put myself maybe in the top half, there are a whole lot of folks here who know an awful lot about traditional cars....

I just talk a lot.

5. Sounds like a Facebook popularity contest.

6. PhilA

PhilA
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Hydro Tech

Yup. I know plenty of things.

Just not about this topic.

7. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Not really, I'm just wondering who guys and gals think is the most knowledgeable on the page.

8. Dean Lowe, Mark is the king of customs

pitman, GordonC, mad mikey and 3 others like this.
  9. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I think one of the most beautiful things about this hobby of ours is that it's impossible to know everything. Even those who have mastered certain skills have not mastered everything.

10. clem

clem

You forgot Bruce Lancester the librarian…….flathead go to guy…………..and probably many others……..

but I agree - why put some on a pedestal ?

moderators - time to close this……

wraymen, seabeecmc, pitman and 16 others like this.
  11. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

People know what they know based on their experiences. I went to vocational school for auto mechanics right out of high school (1978) and worked in the industry for 10 years before I went into mfg. I also worked part time in a salvage yard for 20 years. My car hobby interests have most always been customs so that seems to be my strongpoint. there are plenty of guys here that know more than I do.....

12. You know, the way I see it, and this may be just me,,,,everyone of us know a little bit about something, and as a whole, we know a hell of alot about a whole lot of stuff. I'll leave it at that. Mitch

reagen, kjmmm, Hnstray and 16 others like this.
  13. It certainly ain't me. HRP

GordonC and VANDENPLAS like this.
  14. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

It's not meant to be a dick swinging or popularity contest. It's just fun little poll to see who guys/gals think the most knowledgeable person on the H.A.M.B is.

15. clem

clem

we knew that, but I think the OP was just throwing in a curve ball…………:D:D:D
    But in all seriousness, you do a big part in keeping this site interesting……….
    ……..which is probably why you are also on the list of most notable HAMBERS !

16. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

I have learned stuff from so many on here since I joined in 2004. Bruce Lancaster, @Flop @The37Kid and many others thru their input and assistance.

So, my vote would be to @Ryan for having the put together the HAMB to allow us all to come together and share what we all know.

Thanks Ryan.

Cliff Ramsdell

17. twenty8

twenty8

The true power of the HAMB is it's collective knowledge, which has been developed over the years from members past and present, including those that have passed away, walked away, or been banned and driven away. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.............

I must say though, there are some impressively switched on people who have contributed, and I am grateful they have been here.:)

rockable, pitman, Petejoe and 17 others like this.
  18. Glen Bob

Glen Bob

Just signed up fellas and gals was hoping I could get some help finding motor mounts to put a 340 in my 37dodge pickup

lippy likes this.
  19. Anderson

Anderson

I know nothing and I can prove it.

20. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

21. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

At my last job I picked up the phone at one of the supervisors station. It was the head supervisor from upstairs calling and didn't recognize my voice at first. He ask "who is this?" John I replied. "John who?" John Holmes. Phone went silent until his head built enough steam to blow up.

22. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

time to turn off this Station and put the kids to bed - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 20220115_181418.jpg

seabeecmc, Hnstray, pitman and 5 others like this.
  23. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

I think it just depends on the subject, some are smarter and/or more experience in certain areas then others and then vise versa when the question changes.

Some gents are more mechanical, some body and paint, some metal fab, etc etc.

That's the cool thing we, as a whole, are greater than our singular positions. And when I ask questions that is the best part is all the different responses I receive that allows me to decide for myself which way to go.

24. squirrel

squirrel

Ask Tony.... @mcmopar

25. twenty8

twenty8

If the HAMB was born from an idea which developed into a plan with a projected outcome, then I would say that @Ryan fits the bill. Of course, it could have just been bare-assed blind luck.............:D

hrm2k likes this.
  26. YOU PERVERT !!

777A1479-C683-452C-88EE-FA80778AC90A.jpeg

catdad49 and '28phonebooth like this.
  27. Truckedup

Truckedup

Every one has something of importance to say.....

The37Kid and Speed Gems like this.
  28. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I know a lot of shit about the history of traditional hot rodding. I’ve spent more than 1/2 my life studying it… and dedicating myself to it…

But I didn’t live it… I wasn’t even alive during the golden era… so, I’m unqualified and disqualified.

29. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

This poll doesn't lend itself to reaching a consensus. Many knowledgeable folks, willing to share, in many areas of expertise....and therein lies the beauty of this great site.

30. Glenn Thoreson

Glenn Thoreson
    from SW Wyoming

I'll be the first to admit I don't know everything and never will. I learn a little something every day and I'm just here to share what 60 years of automotive experience has taught me while I can still remember it. I hope it does someone some good.

Driver50x and clem like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.