Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 ford grille emblem

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nailhead Jason, Jan 11, 2022.

1. So I’m shopping for parts for my new pheaton project. I’ll be running a 32 grille shell and was looking a emblems and bull noses for my 32 shell and came across the red emblems. I dig the look and think that’s what I’ll end up using.

my question is, where these ever used on original fords in red. I had an old timer tell me long ago that the 32s made in Europe had a red emblem on them. Just curious if this is true or legend or just straight up bullshit. Anyone know the truth?

Stogy likes this.
  2. Small British vintage Fords had the red badge . Some tractors too. New red ones are made. Just be sure to get the correct size.

Stogy and Nailhead Jason like this.
  3. I had a red emblem on the hiboy mordor.

[​IMG]

This is a 8N Ford tractor hood emblem. HRP

[​IMG]

4. This is the one i'm finding. Its from Vintique, not that that's anything, but.....

VIN-B-8212-R-2.jpg

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    pitman and Stogy like this.

5. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

Some Canadian Model A badges had a black background.

6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Be very careful when you tighten the emblem to the bezel, the studs have a habit of popping loose from the emblem.

7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yes they did come stock in some places with red ones. And I’m sure plenty others just got painted. I love the look I say go for it either way

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  8. I Love the look too, plus i got a feeling it will be just right with black paint.

Tim likes this.
  9. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

'32 Ford red porcelain emblem.jpg Model A Red emblem.jpg 35 German Koln emblem.jpg Red ones existed in Australia also.They fit the Anglia's -same size as '32 Ford,1st pic. Here is a red '35 German one 3rd pic and a Red Model A one I found awhile back.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    micksmith, pitman and Nailhead Jason like this.
  10. Don't know how universal this is, but 4 cylinder Model B had red ones.

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  11. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

The Vintique is about 1/4" wider than an original but it's a quality repro.....made with cloisonne glass like the original. I have an unused Vintique (red) that you can have if you decide to go that route.

loudbang, Squablow and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. swifty

swifty

Got to agree with you on this @krylon32 Just fitted a new Bob Drake (blue) one into my brand new Vintique grill trim. Walked into the shed the next day and the emblem is laying on the floor in front of the car ! Looked like the die-cast stem on it was cracked half-way through before I fitted it. Had paid extra for the Drake item versus Vintique thinking they were better. Got a Vintique on order now.

13. swifty

swifty

My 4 cylinder 32 tourer had a blue one which is currently on my 5 window.
    My memory tells me that all the English cars had red badges so does that mean that they are not part of the "Blue Oval" family LOL

14. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Swifty, it must be something with the Bob Drake studs. I replaced the "8" on the hood ornament on my '46 Woodie and it was missing the next time I washed the car. The stud was still there, under the ornament. When I called Drake the salesperson asked me if I used silicon under the "8" to glue it on. I asked him if Ford used silicon in 1946?

swifty and kadillackid like this.
  15. dwollam

dwollam

I had the same thing happen on a '31 Ford radiator shell emblem. I didn't even get it on the car before the cup fell off. I think it was Vintique.

Dave

swifty likes this.