Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods INSPECTION

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod316, Dec 25, 2021.

1. bobd1976

bobd1976
    from Illinois

I just sold a '34 truck to a fellow in Missouri and he had to have it safety and vin inspected.

2. 5window

5window

If you have been here for a while, THIS is what old school HAMBers think are pancakes:
    [​IMG]

3. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

True, but the bunny was seen more often. Blueberry pancakes are more appealing... :D .
    Marcus...

4. SS327

SS327

He probably sobered up and thought “What the hell did I just do?” after reading his posts. Now he is too embarrassed to show back up.

5. If you mean being super vague, well then yes, you helped the other hot rodders

6. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

...and she has a very nice "catch-all" for any accidently dropped blueberries;)

7. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

8. 5window

5window

Speechless?? :)

nochop, hotrodjack33 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  9. The above was probably the crunch. Absent a clear title, most states now require you to have documented proof that any parts were acquired from legitimate sources. Hand-written receipts from Joe Blow on CL or a swap meet or an eBay invoice generally won't cut it. This is aimed more at salvage vehicles to slow down the chop shops but also protects us, making it a bit harder to 'disappear' a stolen rod by reducing it to sub-assemblies. Some states are harder-nosed about it than others, even some inspectors will be more pissy than others.

This is why any vehicle I buy with no title is a parts car....

10. Thats Megan, a very cool person that used to post here. Knows her way around a hotrod.

11. 6sally6

6sally6

j hansen likes this.
  12. HotRod33

HotRod33

Not if he would have registered it as a historic vehicle or put year of manufacture plates on it.... All he needed to do is have a local police officer come to his house and do a Vin verification.. because it is an out of state title.. They don't need safety inspection... If it's a Missouri title you don't need anything..

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I chalk this up to being another case of an OP not doing their required homework ahead of time and that means from day one when the first major part was bought.
    A few things;
    Get a binder and some page specs for a build book.
    All receipts , bills of sale and other proof that you legally own that part go in that book. That also includes photo copies of any title for a donor rig that you bought to harvest parts and sold the hulk to a scrap yard along with the papers from the srap yard. That's called organized documentation. If you are afraid oof your wife finding out what you spent on it you can't afford it anyhow.
    I have to agree that being able to pass the NSRA safety check usually will get you through most states safety inspections.
    Then you get into specific states requirements due to the simple fact that there have been too many screw up in some respect or aspect of rebuilding or assembling cars in the past. In this state it is on frames that have been welded up from scratch. They have to be welded by or passed by a certified welder. The reason= too many scab welded frames.
    As far as ding with the state usually it's to deal with someone higher up on the food chain.

14. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Excuse me......care to elaborate? I pride myself on never having had any issues with my hand written receipts.

15. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ask lots of questions before you go? Ask SPECIFIC questions dude, there are people on here that can help you out. Cryptic scribblings will just get cryptic humorous responses.

By the way, you can get your own copy of the ORC, just like the inspectors had. Go here, where you'll find all the writed (writhen)requirements for self builded vehicles.

https://codes.ohio.gov/ohio-administrative-code/chapter-4501-33

Thanks for doing your part......

He probably won't show up for a while. He's been a member for 11 years, with 43 postings. One every three months so don't hold your breath.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  16. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

...unless you are under water...then it's a real good idea;):p. (sorry, couldn't resist)

mad mikey, SS327, X-cpe and 2 others like this.
  17. You have just entered the twilight zone!

mad mikey, hotrodjack33 and XXL__ like this.
  18. I just got here:confused:

mad mikey and hotrodjack33 like this.
  19. I would like to see a "Service Technician" check the rear brakes on my '29 Model A that still has the mechanical brakes.:eek: I do not think they would even have a clue as to how to remove the drum.:oops:

mad mikey, Tman and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. twenty8

twenty8

They would point out that your slave cylinder must have fallen off..................o_O

21. Budget36

Budget36

Well he didn’t imply THE Joe Blow;)

22. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Good thing, wouldn't want to be lumped in with a bunch of Joe Blows.:D:D

23. spanners

spanners

Could be worse. You could be a John Doe.

24. 5window

5window

Or present tense-Joe Blew

25. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

That would be my brother John D. Blow.;)

mad mikey and hotrodjack33 like this.
  26. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Only one other past tense left.....and we don't want to go down that road....although one of it's multiple meanings fits into this forum.:p

mad mikey, hotrodjack33 and 5window like this.
    1. Ohio Revised Code | Ohio Laws
      codes.ohio.gov/orc
      Effective April 1, 2021, the Legislative Service Commission has assumed publication of the Ohio Revised Code and the Ohio Administrative Code at this site. The Lawriter site has expired. The Legislative Service Commission staff updates the Revised Code on an ongoing basis, as it completes its act review of enacted legislation.

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  27. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

That explains it.

Righting the unwrited rules.

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  28. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I just read this from beginning to end, that’s 10 minutes I’ll never see again. Now on to more useful information……

29. well , Joe Blew , ‘cause he needed the money !:p:eek:

hotrodjack33, Joe Blow and Budget36 like this.