Register now to get rid of these ads!

History An Honest, Original '32 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Dec 22, 2021.

1. alchemy

alchemy

Did it come from the Gene Hetland auction? He had a bunch of untouched original 32's in his collection before he sold last year.

Sancho and Hamtown Al like this.
  2. wicarnut

wicarnut

A rare find today and I would leave it as is, a car is only original once and being what it is, worth a pretty penny I'm sure. I like survivor and restored classics, more so as I've become a classic, a few replacement parts, mostly original equipment. LOL

chryslerfan55 and Oilguy like this.
  3. Thanks very much!

4. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Gene's had around 19K orig miles and paint was or is in better cond. It now resides in Canada.

5. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

That old chestnut of " Real Men cut up vintage cars" DOESN'T work anymore....get it or keep it running, or at least use period correct mods, like those " Day 2" musclecar guys do.

6. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

I looked it up on MotorTrend/cable and was able to watch it. Cool car, cool story. The character @ the end with the street rodded '32 coupe was... interesting... the two were discussing "a Ford in a Ford vs. a Chevy in a Ford. The street rod guy said that ordinary people wouldn't know the difference. The reply was "We don't want to hang around with ordinary people" Ha - haaa... love it!

HEMI32 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. El Mirage Garage

El Mirage Garage

Just beautiful. Let's hope it stays just the way it is!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

Beautiful roadster. Is that a Lotus in the background? 83FC77A3-E66B-445A-99D3-D91620B24B3C.jpeg

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

wow, beautiful car-would be cool to find now in that shape

10. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I would hot rod that car as fast as you could say "Hot rod" All of you who say "leave it like it is" Don't know what it is like to be the owner of a car like that. But I do, and believe me it sucks for the most part! When I found my All original 1932 five window Coupe that only had 27K original miles on it, 2nd Owner, Original interior, and had not been driven since 1954. I thought I had life made. I knew eactly what I was gonna do to it I was gonna build my dream hot rod. Everytime I looked at it I did not see the original untouched car it was, I seen a 3.5inch chopped highboy Bored, Stroked Flattie and 40 ford steelies. So once word got out about what I had found and payed my hard earned money for. Guys started telling me what I should do with my car. Which was preserve it! Don't touch it! keep it like it is. And I let them get in my head for 2 years of my life that I will never get back. Two years I could have been enjoying my Hot rod. I felt like my 6 year old son who I collected hotwheels with but told him not to take them out of the package as it will hurt the value of them. Anyhow after 2 years I had enough of that bullshit, And decided I was gonna offer it up to someone else and let them preserve it for the rest of the world. Funny thing was None of the people who were telling me to not touch it and to leave it like it was wanted to step up and practice what they were preaching. So one night/morning (2am) I couldn't sleep so I went out to the shop and took it apart. Best thing I ever done and enjoyed every min of it! Also we opened every one of my boys hotwheels. Real riders, Treasure hunts and all. Bottomline is if I had that Roadster, it would not look like that! It would look the way I want it to look. I do not expect everyone to agree or to understand where I am coming from. But really until you have been in my shoes and owned a car that you can not make your own, There really is no way for you to understand. Besides the way I would hot rod that car is Nothing I would change could not be put back to the way it is if Next Owner wanted to do so 40years down the road...lol

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  11. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Wow! I just read the whole story and noticed that this roadster had about the same milage on it when it was parked as my 5 window did. Must of been considered high milage and time to park them back then. (Crazy), My car was a 4cylinder standard Coupe. what was really amazing to me was we put gas to the carb and it fired right off.