Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Spirit of South Dakota LSR lakester/rear enigine roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Where you at Tman?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Put the car on the shelf when the salt started going bad. Then add life, a divorce and lots of other stuff. I am actively back on it design wise. I started a thread the other day about the possibility of skinning this with a 27 roadster body I had. Just playing with the tape measure wondering if front engine or rear engine roadster would be fun. The Mad Fab series of @Lucky Burton building his coupe for Bonneville got me fired up again. I am also open to trying anything for an engine. The 261 thing fell through.

Lucky Burton and loudbang like this.
  3. How about 5 years?

loudbang likes this.
  4. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

loudbang likes this.
  5. At least this one and the Tudor were shelved on purpose!
    Sent from my SM-J337V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

G V Gordon and loudbang like this.
  6. Sometimes life hits us hard. Sorry to hear of all this but there can be better days ahead.
    I just put every thing on hold to take an all expense paid trip across the pond courtesy of Uncle Sam.
    Was just about to pull the trigger on a mild refresh of the ‘29 and upholstery for the Hudson. The ‘29 has been abused for the last 17 years with only necessary repairs. Also been tossing around pulling the big caddy and going inliner. Oh well I guess it’ll have to be next year.

Lucky Burton and Tman like this.
  7. Let me know when you get back in town. I found a new team member and we settled on a different OT Inliner for the car.

Racer29 likes this.
  8. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

Tman thanks for telling me about your thread. I just read all 20 pages, and DAMN! I hope you get it finished. The work on the cage alone is great. I was wondering how to glue the foam boards together. Caulk, its not only for fixing @$$holes! And drywall mud to smooth it. That will also prevent the chemicals from destroying the foam. I think I can proceed now on the "Whatever" project. And using up leftover latex paint for thefinal finish before layup... genious.

Oh and 8 or 10 years, don't feel bad. I have an Austin Mini (my 2nd) that'sgoing to be a corner carver someday, that has been 20 years in progress. Like your misfortunes, life got in the way. She who must be obeyed, and I have had some health issues over the past 21 years that slowed things down, but we didn't let them stop us from moving on. Now I am retired, Iam making good progress on my shop projects, by remembering what my racing buddy told me 46 years ago when I started on the 1st modified:do 1 thing every day regardless of how small, and you will get it done.

Hang in there brother, and onward thru the fog...

Tman likes this.

9. No worries man, we are totally back on it. Took me this many months to find the damn thing in the shop. Lots of newlywed bliss. She is 120% behind me chasing this dream. My good pal Tom has been fighting health issues and made it down here this weekend to see whats up. He is pumped and so am I. I had plans to be on the salt this year with him and then that fell apart, then my company decided to go lemming with corp policies about travel so I had to staycation. Would have cost me 2 more weeks of vacation with a lame quarantine. Hate to tell them, we have not changed our lifestyle at all in the last 18 months anyway. No way I was going to give the company that time and put my team in a bind. Plans are made to skin this with the 27 body, amazing how small they are when you put a tape to them! Don't mess with Sodak!

I have been having moments of clarity where my life is amazing right now. Lavin and I met in 5th Grade, worked together in HS and graduated together. Wonderful how a good woman can lift you up.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  10. And yes, 11 years hiatus is embarassing, but I was busy helping @mctim and then we had some crap years of salt....................

mctim64 and loudbang like this.
  11. Norm Porter, was telling me there was dirt showing, in '73. The conditions are always changing, and the salt will never be 4ft deep, again. A friend of mine is building a rear engine modified roadster, and asked me fir some assistance. Which is wonderful, because he can help me with mine. I'm still collecting parts for an unknown B motor/ Street Roadster.
    20211013_130419.jpg

loudbang, blowby and Tman like this.
  12. Hey Trent hope you have a wonderful christmas and that the new year brings you all the parts ya need. Glad to hear you're on the upside and hope ya make it to the salt next year..........Carl

loudbang and Tman like this.
  13. Cool mill man! Love to see pics of the rear engine car.

We will be at Speedweek. Going to help Chick run the Salt Circus Roadster.

Drewfus, loudbang and SilverJimmy like this.
  14. Next time I get over to his shop, I'll see if I can get an overall picture, of his project.

That's rad you're going to crew for Chick!

loudbang likes this.
  15. Chick and Tony became family. RIP

J.Fishbeck, loudbang and SilverJimmy like this.