Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Rear 4 Link Setups

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LUTHER99, Dec 7, 2021.

1. XXL__

XXL__

You are not traditional.

2. AmishMike

AmishMike

All those factory link suspensions depend on big soft rubber bushings. Articulate on bolts thru bushings ( steel sleeves) & for sound & vibration. Drag racers work to stiffen or replace.

X38 likes this.
  3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Correct. I'm not HAMB friendly.

Luckily, I am reasonably friendly in person.

4. Bikelessbill

Bikelessbill

Careful about what decade you mention or they will take your post down.

5. Mimilan

Mimilan

You need to read things properly, Instead of using all your almighty wisdom to contribute nothing to this thread
    I wrote: "Back in the 70's I SAW a speedway midget with trailing link lowers and leading link uppers."
    I never mentioned how old the midget car was.

What about this statement "back in the 90's I saw a 32 Hiboy" [why don't you bitch to the moderators about that]

In 1970 I was a 9 year kid old hanging out at the track (the car was an obsolete uncompetitive dinosaur back then)

6. jaracer

jaracer

I'm not sure what you mean.

7. Feeling a little tender? Come on man, that response was way over the top. I don't think the other guy was attacking you. Giving you a friendly wink perhaps.

8. grdra1

grdra1

Jaracer, I mean the angle in degrees the top bars are to locate the housing from moving sideways, On my car I managed to get 31 degrees, the pic you showed the top bars look to be less - just wondering. Glen

9. Mimilan

Mimilan

No I'm not, and my response is totally justifiable.
    This forum is full of threads about suspension, steering, braking, handling where members get out of their depth with dangerous practices.

Some members are smart enough to ask questions, and some learn things [including myself learning everyday]
    Then there are those that contribute absolutely nothing but only try and trip up others with their misinterpretation of the "rules"

To be honest , I am seriously considering not contributing to these threads for liability reasons [there are plenty of know-alls behind parts counters that give advice]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
  10. clem

clem

From reading some of your previous posts on other threads, it appears that you have more knowledge than most on here regarding the topics that you mention.
    It would be a shame and a loss, to not have your input.

I’m not sure about liability issues, - I guess in the world we live in, it is something to consider.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    gimpyshotrods and Budget36 like this.
  11. I read your post and enjoyed it.
    Thanks for posting.

12. Bikelessbill

Bikelessbill

Sorry but I was just warning you about how sensitive the HAMB police can be. I asked a question once and mentioned that decade and had thread shut down and removed. I personally see nothing wrong with your question or language.

X38 and 19Eddy30 like this.
  13. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Please Don't Stop! I always search out your posts,and try to wrap my measly head around your writings.We truly need you here,Much appreciated..

Budget36 likes this.
  14. Mimilan

Mimilan

I'm not stopping
    Occasionally I'll step away and do other things [it's racing season here in NZ]. I love the topic of suspension and handling ,this is easy for me.
    I constantly pull out my hair in frustration on "Disc Brake Conversion" threads.
    The biggest challenge is getting people to toss out the mismatched parts they have just purchased.
    So I am very wary of recommendations on these threads [there is a tremendous responsibility involved]

It's all good............ Just remember we have 2021 knowledge applied to a pre -1965 era.
    Technically everything is Off Topic here

Even the beloved American Graffiti could be considered off topic because it was made in 1973

Sorry I bit back at you

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  15. twenty8

twenty8

Too many times knowledgeable people have been disheartened by the general riff-raff arguing about things they have absolutely no grasp of. It can be frustrating when people post questions, and seem to only want to accept an answer that suits their needs, whether that answer be true and correct, or false and downright dangerous. I guess that's the nature of internet forums. The true skill is being able to sort the diamonds from the dog shit..............;)
    Please stay @Mimilan . Your input (diamonds, by the way) would be missed if you left.......again.

16. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

17. And we argue about tradition on computers, tablets, and smartphones lol :D

18. twenty8

twenty8

If all the threads here were happy-clappy affairs where everyone was in blissful agreement, how many of you would still be here? The HAMB has always had an ornery attitude to it, and it always should have. It's when it is taken too seriously that it all turns to fluff and lint....... :D

Mimilan likes this.
  19. I have said " if ya can't contribute dont"

Mimilan likes this.