Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMB guys near 4 Corners

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by klawockvet, Dec 12, 2021.

1. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anybody out there? Monticello, Cortez, Farmington? I'm especially looking for anyone building a 58-59 Chev PU. The place I bought came with a 59 turquoise fleetside bed junk trailer. The bed is far from perfect but it can be saved and if anyone out there needs it they can come get it. I dont want to see anything go to scrap that someone may need in the future. PM me for details. Other than that I would like to hook up with guys who actually drive their cars and are up for adventurous cruising or cars and coffee with HAMB friendly vehicles.

2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

ok, I will ask, what state are these cities in?

OG lil E and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  3. Mark, that's South West Colorado..Northern New Mexico area....Mitch

4. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

The only place you can be in four states at once!

Bones

5. Joe Travers

Joe Travers
    from Louisiana

$5 will buy you a ticket :)

[​IMG]

Joe

Lil32 and Boneyard51 like this.
  6. Yea , and as far as I know, that's a waste of 5 bucks. Mitch

Irish Mike, Truck64, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  7. RodStRace

RodStRace

Lil32 likes this.
  8. Wow, Mark! EVERYBODY knows where the Twin Cities, the Quad Cities, and Four Corners are!:D:D.

Farmington is due north of Gallup.:)

Ben

Lil32, Boneyard51 and Moriarity like this.
  9. Brian Penrod

Brian Penrod

You would thinks so!

alanp561, Lil32 and Boneyard51 like this.
  10. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

sorry, honestly never heard of it.....

11. Budget36

Budget36

Take a look under it, it might have been made with the back 1/2 of a ‘58/9 Chevy PU. See if the housing and cover that bolts on the rearend looks “modern-ish” I/e not round. It could have the optional 4.10 posi rearend.
    I gave one to a friend 10-12 years ago in a trade for something, several months later he told me he sold it for 250? I can’t recall, but way more that I thought it was worth.
    But good on you for offering it up to one who can use it!

Boneyard51 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  12. squirrel

squirrel

that's OK, I don't know where Mound, MN is...yet

13. squirrel

squirrel

that would be the spicer 45 rear (or was it 41? I can't remember). I had one for years, it was really a 3.92 ratio. Looks just like a 44, stop sign shaped cover. Most of the trucks had the round one held on with 10 nuts.

Lil32, Budget36 and Boneyard51 like this.
  14. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I remember before it was five bucks and I occupied all four states sasmotaniously.
    I still don't know what time it is in Arizona.
    Here is one you heard of but didn't know it existed. It doesn't, just the sign now
    IMG_20211006_105540137.jpg

R A Wrench, Lil32, pprather and 2 others like this.
  15. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

About the year 1920...

16. finn

finn

You never had Tonka trucks as a kid?

Oh! The horror!

17. Short story. In the year 2004 the missus and i were checking out the items that the native Americans were selling in their makeshift stalls ( 4 posts and a old iron roof sheet for shade ) at the 4 corners. One guy had sculptures with $ 800 price tags. So i started a friendly conversation with him by remarking how many tourists do you expect to show up with $ 800 cash at four corners to buy a sculpture. No worries he laughed :D, i sell loaded pallets directly from the reservation to Japan o_O. Thats where the money is. PS, did,nt have to pay $5 to walk in the dust then.

Lil32, kidcampbell71 and Boneyard51 like this.
  18. Lol,,,,,,there are little communities everywhere and many have unusual names .
    Just come down south and visit,,,,,and you’ll see .
    We have names you wouldn’t dream of putting together,,,,LoL .

You always have to put a state with it,,,,,never assume no other town isn’t out there somewhere.
    Example,,,,,Bristol , Tennessee,,,,,,,Bristol , Virginia,,,,,,very close together,,,,but not really !
    Kansas City , Kansas,,,,,,Kansas City Missouri,,,,,two totally different towns .

In Marks defense,,,,,,there is always a Minnesota after the town Mound .
    I hope I can make it there someday,,,,just to see the collection .

Tommy

Moriarity and Boneyard51 like this.
  19. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Cool story! We were there about 5? Years ago and paid a native Indian , Navaho I think, to build us an arrow! He chipped out the arrow head in about ten minutes, grabbed the shaft( store bought wood) and split some feathers and glued them on after tying the arrow head on !Neat little arrow …. About $25! Neat addition to my arrow head collection I picked up off our ranch here in Oklahoma!

Bones

20. Hey Bones ,,,,that’s funny .
    Many years ago when arrow head prices were crazy high,,,,,,,hundreds of dollars for perfect examples.
    There was a guy here ,,Tennessee,,,,that could find them everywhere he went .
    He could find them in bottom land fields that had been picked to death,,,but he could always manage to find pristine examples .
    Lol,,,,years later it comes out that he could hand make a brand new one in about 15 minutes,,,,,really talented at his craft,,,,LoL .

Tommy

21. SilverJimmy

SilverJimmy

Best part is that once again you don’t get what ya pay for, common knowledge for those of us that live here, the surveyor must have had one or two bubbles off that day! 03D3340F-86DD-4655-AB60-2A0FEB4245B1.png From Google Earth!

22. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't forget Southeast Utah and Northeast Arizona. The Navajo Nation surrounds the monument but the Ute tribe has a large reservation just to the northeast of the marker. For those interested in geography and old hot rods and customs we should gather at Bubba's cafe in beautiful downtown Lewis, Colorado and take a 4 state cruise. April or May would be perfect and could include a trip to the famous cliff dwellings at Mesa Verde. All I would need is for a few HAMB'ers to show some interest and I would be willing to put something simple together.

23. Joe Travers

Joe Travers
    from Louisiana

Surveyors didn't have GPS back in the day to tighten up ;)

Joe

egads, Budget36 and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  24. RodStRace

RodStRace

That's what HAMBers thrive on, something simple! :D
    4.5 to 5.5 months? Can I show up in something newer?
    Can't see the 40 getting done by then or buying something old enough and reliable enough for the trek.

P.S. The surveyor thing is talked about in the link I posted. Also currently reading a book about Geology right now that talks about when the area was first mapped. The guys who did these were mentioned in passing and there are some characters involved.

25. Lil32

Lil32

our first visit from Monument Valley we were not aware of time Zones/our watches incorrect.
    gate was closed. two years later from Moab gate was open. Dumb Aussies,we did the tourist thing.
    DSCN1939.JPG IMG_1688_2.jpg

egads, winduptoy, Budget36 and 4 others like this.
  26. Just had our Christmas get together Wed nite at Bubba's. I'd be interested in that road trip. There's a few of us around here that do these. I live in Cortez also.

R A Wrench, Lil32 and winduptoy like this.
  27. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can deal with most anything except Yuppie Scum goldchainers driving something they know nothing about. I'm not real tolerant about politically correct youngsters either, but other than that I'm just a kind benevolent old man who has learned to just try and get along in the modern world. Coffee in the morning, cruising beautiful country in something other than the cookie cutter nauseating SUV's and having a few beers in the evening with like minded car guys is my idea of a perfect day.

R A Wrench, Jones St., Lil32 and 5 others like this.
  28. RodStRace

RodStRace

Lil32 likes this.
  29. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

That Mesa Verde is awesome! Everyone should go there once! You put something on… I will do my best to make it!

Bones

winduptoy likes this.
  30. I knew about those other two states,, just left them out,, ha...As for the meet up,, I'd be up for that as long as my 36 could make it over Wolf Creek Pass. I could take 25 I guess but I think I'd get run over on that mad house of a road (my daughter used to live in Pueblo and I hated driving down to visit). My Sister in law lives in Cortez so could probably kill two birds with a stone if my wife wanted to tag along, which I'm not holding my breath for. I'm gonna figure this out, sounds like a good time. Mitch

R A Wrench and Boneyard51 like this.