Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sweet Nadine for sale for $390,000?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56KUSTOM, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

could there be 390 into building it..probably..maybe even more

and as most of us know , you never seem to get out what you put into these cars.
    some try to sell on familiarity, or celebrity..

I cant say, I dont have that skill set, or that kinda scratch to blow.
    to be honest, im not entirely impressed, its lacking something., ..

.so much fuckin purple:eek:..it needs a break up of some sort

2. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Breathtaking for sure....but so is the $$$
    I will stick to a cool ride for under $30K thank you..
    Of course JMHO, but this is art, not a hot rod..

3. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

With all due respect Ed, I have a slightly different take on it. Every "Kustom" with the exceptions of clones and tributes is unique if it's a true Kustom. Sure, there are well tried and tested ways of going about that customisation, but the way the modifications are combined and carried out make that car unique to the guy that had the original vision. The Veyrons I mentioned earlier are identical right down to the last nuts and bolts. Oddly enough, it is Nadine's very uniqueness that would prevent me from buying her. Buying someone else's Kustom reduces it to a mere automobile, a hell of a fine one, maybe even perfect, but the "vision" will always be someone else's unless you're willing to mess with it and make it your own. I love my Kustom because although they made another 8400 panel truck's at Ford in 1954, mine is unique, because it is the realisation of my vision. I'm not trying to suggest that laying out 390,000 bucks for someone else's idea of perfection is a particularly bright idea, but if there is a "this is so beautiful I just got to have it" guy in Nadine's future he has the right to spend his money as he will. However, unless he's willing to add his own touches to it it will never really be "his" car. And I will admit 390,000 bucks is a hell of a lot of money to spend on a car that you are going to fuck with. If I had that kind of green going spare I would use it to build my own "vision". Which is why in my own tiny mind I view myself as a Kustomizer rather than just a car guy. Whoever buys this will be a car guy, not a kustomiser, unless he has the balls of steel to alter it to his liking. Sorry if this comes across like the meanderings of a feeble mind but I'm just sat in front of my microphone spewing thoughts as they come into my head. I'll shut up now:D
    thank you for your attention
    Paul

4. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

well in all truthfulness a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Do i think the car is awsome? yes i do. Do i think its work what he's asking? absolutely not. Its a beauitful merc with obviously not a dollar or dime spared. Every aspect is looked into in the car and its a well-known car. You could buy this car with confidence knowing it was done the right way. On another note; you could buy a fineley chopped merc with all the goodies under the hood for well-under that price, put a new paint job and interior on it and have something just as eye catching. Its the honest truth. To the majority of all people; Nadine is just another chopped Merc hot rod. To the small handful of hotrodders; she is a dream car. its the honest truth. I think what dictates the price on this car is the attachment the owner has into it and how much he values the time spent to create it. But in the end; the car is only worth what someone is willing to pay. that goes for any car on the market

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

This Merc is such a high quality car that I would be surprised if a collector somewhere doesn't step up to the plate. I've found over the years of building and selling cars that there were always some that said the selling price was crazy but with patience there has always been someone willing to pay the price. I have had my best sales overseas. They seem to appreciate quality cars and are willing to pay for them.

6. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

As far as if it is worth it or not....heres is how an old man explained it to me one time, Some friends of mine were aruging what a car was worth one time and this old guy jumps in and said...BOYS!....empty your pockets and count how much you have. Well we did, And even though we were all at the same car show we all had differn't amounts of money on us, we each held up a single $100.00 bill and he said That $100.00 means something diffren't to each one of us, I only had the 1 and 2 of my buddies had 3 and the old man had a "mule choker " full of them. point being is $390,000.00 to some people is a drop in the bucket, So to a person like that the car may be a steal....rich people waste more than that on shit Nowhere near as cool as charlies merc...

8. Truckedup

Truckedup

If I had a half a million budget for a car I would buy a real steel 32,a Ferrari and some naked dancing women.

SS327 likes this.
  9. fat141

fat141

I'm coming with you. Dont care how good it is or how much it costs to build. 390 thou is a lot of money. I like it, but I also like heaps of other classy customs that aint that much. Hope he gets it, but fellow HAMBers, dont put shit on those of us that aint that fussed on it.
    Rod:confused::rolleyes:

10. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You had me at 32 and Ferarri. Paying for naked dancing women? Nah...:cool:

11. N.C.Dreamer

N.C.Dreamer

Holy Thread Revival!
    Its good to see alot of Central Texas boys on here. I'm in Far East TX. the people here call it NC...

But, I was talking to a friend from Austin and he said Nadine got totaled. This was after thanksgiving 2021.
    Anybody else heard this?

12. Charlie wrecked a 56 Merc a few years back, is that what you mean?

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  13. JimSibley

JimSibley

How do you total
    A
    Car that is worth $390000? I could fix anything, and i mean anything for
    That kind of money.

14. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I went out with a Nadine a few times...she was a great ride too!

15. Wrench97

Wrench97

I may know her......

jimmy six likes this.
  16. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Conductor let me off this bus…

Nadine..Honey is that you?…. Oh Nadine, Honey is that you?

Jim Bouchard likes this.
  17. ...I can have loads of fun with my cheap beaters; not so much with that Merc,.. too much work keepin it that nice, and too much $ to just let it sit and look at it.

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nothing new on the net on the car from what I can find.
    Still I find it amazing that the same guys who can't visualize the value of that Merc at the time would have raved on for hours what a great deal someone got on some old race car that was dug out of where ever, had 3/4 of it replaced or rebuilt with new parts and then hauled to Barrett-Jackson or Mecom's and presented as the car that had won _____ and ________.

The guy who can swing 350+ K for a car of the Merc's prominence and caliber isn't too worried about buying a 350K house as his garage probably cost that when it was built next to his home. He is buying it because it is the best or one of the short list of best chopped 51 Mercs on the planet.

427 sleeper and Just Gary like this.