Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Your worst car insult by someone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Nov 20, 2021.

1. b-bop

b-bop

Buddy of mine has a 29 Tudor and has an old timely Mexican blanket interior. At a car show he overhears a young kid say to his mom. “ Look mom, this one has a PRIDE interior”. Uggghhhh. Kid’s nowadays

tr_rodder, Chili Phil, dan31 and 12 others like this.
  2. gene-koning

gene-koning

I hear "Did you drive it all the way here?' when I'm several states from home. On a few occasions I've told them "My wife and I started out caring it, but a few miles from home, our backs started to hurt, so we put the car back on the ground and drove it the rest of the way." That usually resulted in a hardy laugh from most people, but one time the guy was pretty insulted, so I had to quit saying such things.

Now when people ask that question, I smile and tell them "Yes, we drove it all the way here" then I give them a guestimate on about how far from home we are, because that is nearly always the next question.

My coupe was built to be a conversation starter piece. I try my best to be friendly with anyone that says anything. Gene

3. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Very funny thread, thanks. :) .
    Marcus...

Deuces likes this.
  4. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

I get, is it a kit car a lot.

Deuces likes this.
  5. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Never have been insulted. I have had compliments on previous hot rods . Maybe I will get one when I finish my ‘48 Effie . :D

Deuces likes this.
  6. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LMAO!! Oh my that is funny.

Deuces likes this.
  7. Diavolo

Diavolo

I call them Hardly Ablesons

loudbang likes this.
  8. One of you just called my El Camino a Ranchero a couple of days ago. So there's people on this forum that don't even know what they're talking about, let alone the general public :rolleyes:

9. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice Y Block in your avatar. :cool:

jbon64, Fingers, impala4speed and 5 others like this.
  10. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Years ago, had an old guy in bib overalls tell me he'd rather see his sister working in a whore house rather than be in my car. Never got to see his sister, but, FWIW, I still have my "ugly" ole car.

Cosmo49, dan31 and Deuces like this.
  11. What a charming man he must have been.

Cosmo49, Deuces and southerncad like this.
  12. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

That would be me... Lol. There's plenty of stuff out there I can't id perfectly first guess. I generally won't guess tho, I ask if I don't know. I'm new to this Era of car hobby tho. And of course I'm not quite as OLD (cough cough) as some of my peers here, lol, so I chalk it up to inexperience Lloyd. I'm learning more daily though now that I'm getting my feet wet in the hamb Era...

13. phat rat

phat rat

That's even worse than all the guys who don't know a coupe from a 2dr sedan, They think if it only has 2drs it's a cpe. Then there are those who think anything with a steel roof is a hardtop. I gave up trying to educate those type

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  14. Worst insult? How about, "It paid for?"

Deuces likes this.
  15. Few years ago, put my custom '56 ford, with '57 chrysler find grafted up for sale. Not too many bites, then one day couple young guys in a VW bus inquired "How much for your '57 chevy? Told them it was a highly modified Rambler. They replied WOW!
    Took it off the market immediately!!

Deuces likes this.
  16. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LS’s are Y-Block’s

Guy Patterson likes this.
  17. *While looking at my '51 F-1*

Why would you go to all that trouble building the truck just to put a Chevy motor in it?

Gee I never thought of that...... Where is your car by the way?

Deuces and Dave Mc like this.
  18. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

I was at a car show about ten years ago and I noticed a high end fiberglass street rod with a really good looking girl sitting in it. It was something like a 34 Ford coupe but had some obvious modern modifications like some of the kit cars have. I walked over and looked at it for a minute and she looked me in the eye and as if reading my mind, told me it was a ( such and such year) roadster. She wasn't a very good mind reader because I wasn't thinking about cars at that moment let alone if a coupe was a roadster.:)

19. "Why would you go to all the trouble to say something to me just to be insulting?"

Honestly, I don't get a lot of people.

20. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

12 years ago we had a couple over to visit and the wife looked in the backyard where I had a barn fresh 1939 Studebaker Coupe Express sitting. Her comment was " Why is that piece of junk sitting there? It's ugly. It belongs in a junkyard."
    Still friends with them but for some reason we always meet at their house.

21. Longstroke

Longstroke

I have owned a Canadian built 1957 Pontiac for just over 25 years now, which is based on the Chevrolet. A number of years ago I went to a large car show in the Buffalo, New York area. I had my 57 on display with the hood up showing off my in line 261 six cylinder motor that was restored original. I over heard a guy say to someone else..... "Here is one of those Canadian abortions." I wasted no time in going up to him and telling him.... "I am proud of my Canadian abortion." Judging by the stupid look on his face, he was very embarrassed.

Jack Wagon and Deuces like this.
  22. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"YOU did this car?" as if I'm some 1 legged cross-eyed hunchback. Not to dis 1 legged cross-eyed hunchbacks mind you...:cool:

"Do you know (Homer Lumpdick or whatever name drops)? He does this kinda stuff, maybe better than this!" as they're looking at a 100pt restoration.

Yeah, they're rude and stupid and even though some reference to "...at least they're showing some level of interest..." I'd rather they tell thier tale walkin.

23. Pass The Torch

Pass The Torch
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Nice Rat Rod!" I quickly, and politely, corrected said commentator.

24. msgt tank

msgt tank

we just got the '49 Plymouth p17 fastback. we were cleaning out the interior and our cat hopped in to inspect this rescue. we put a picture on the HAMB of the cat exploring the interior. a HAMBer commented, "that's the last pussy you'll ever get in that car."

Screenshot_20211202-103027_2.png

25. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

People now referring to hot rods as rat rods. The uninformed

26. j hansen

j hansen

Drove through the main street,had the windows down, heard from the sidewalk,,,,,,,,must be the ugliest thing I've seen. Skärmavbild 2021-12-02 kl. 18.43.50.png Skärmavbild 2021-12-02 kl. 18.43.26.png

27. Well, if you had the window down, they must have been referring to you.:p

28. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

When I had my 40 Willys and my 41 Willys people used to ask me if it was a Volkswagen.

Deuces likes this.
  29. billybones

billybones

I was at a classic car show with my mates a couple of years ago and there were some really nice old cars there. It had been raining all day so the tarmac was wet. A wee girl about 3 or 4 years old runs up, points at my roadster and says "Grandad, I like that one the best....look it has a big rainbow underneath it!"

30. Greg Rogers

Greg Rogers

Well, most people mean well. I get the "towmater" thing all the time. Especially with young mothers carrying their kids- "Oh look Johnny, It's Mater!" I even made a "not Mater " sticker and put it on the windshield, but I took it back off it was too big.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.