Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Your worst car insult by someone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Around here you can paint anything flat black, paint the wheels red, and it's considered a rat rod.

mad mikey, Oilguy, Boneyard51 and 2 others like this.
  2. Yep. We built a rat rod for a customer.
    33 coupe, crate 502, Richmond trans, Currie 9inch rear. Paul Atkins leather interior.
    It was a rat because it was flat black. :):)

3. What's worse is when they ask your GF that.... LOL. She was not amused.... LOLOL!

I'll note this was after she told the kid it was a 1947...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  4. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Yeah, that's definitely the first thing that makes the ignorant think rr. Flat black paint.

5. Ever walk up to a new car at a show and ask the owner if he built it?

6. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

"It's a shame that badass engine is wrapped in such an ugly car."

Said while I wasn't there, but related to me by more than one person. :) Haters gonna hate.

DSC_6762-4 (2).jpg

I have also been asked if I bought my Model A new, by someone that should know better.

7. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Awesome car!

Bones

8. Ever walk up to a guy with a mopar muscle car and start rambling about some ole dodge at the scrap yard with a funny looking engine that has the spark plug wires sticking out of the valve covers?

Ned Ludd, F-ONE, dan31 and 6 others like this.
  9. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

We have a 2000 lb. roadster with a six banger and 5 speed. When asked what kinda gas milage you getting, I say it makes its own gas.
    Then I explain that we pull over about every 100 miles or so to drain some out so it won't run over.

10. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

In the late 70's, there was an 'ol boy who bracket raced one of those late 70's/early 80's smogger Corvettes at Sears Point, bright red, big bubble on the hood, ran consistent 10.50's and LOUD AS HELL. So one night these two zit farms walked over and asked him why it was so much faster and LOUDER than their SS396 Chebbelle? So he opened the hood and showed them the 427 High Riser under there. They walked off muttering :confused::confused:

11. Guy walks up to my ride and says “I’ll give you 15 cents a pound”
    I said “no thanks, I’m married but I’ll keep that in mind in case she ever leaves me”

Ned Ludd, Budget36, mgtstumpy and 2 others like this.
  12. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

We'uns be unedumucated! But im okay wit it!

Seriously no I didn't until you pointed that out. But you have to admit there's been some interesting stories.

Jack Wagon likes this.
  13. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

I love it! What's under the hood? Please don't say LS please don't...

Boneyard51 likes this.
  14. Really? I think those are one of the best looking cars from the era!

15. Georelle

Georelle

I had the '61 Falcon sitting out in the drive while I was cleaning some things up in the garage. A fellow about 65-70 years of age pulls up in a pickup so I start to walk out to see what he wants. He says "I used to own one of those." "Oh yea" I say as I walk towards him. "Yea" he says "Looks like it's in decent shape. What year is it? An '84" An EIGHTY FOUR!! I think as I turn to look back at my '61 Falcon and realize he's talking about my sons '84 Fiero parked next to it. Not really an insult but he could not have cared less about my freshly restored Falcon. Maybe he felt a little insulted when I said "Oh you mean the Fiero? Yea it's an '84"

Boneyard51 likes this.
  16. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon
    from Ferguson

9C4A7182-D223-45C1-A294-AD0355FF267C.jpeg
    855D5674-4ABC-4813-A59E-C26BA9D92A9E.jpeg

17. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

Boneyard51 and Jack Wagon like this.
  18. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon
    from Ferguson

No. I just got it back from the engine shop. It’s the original and we used as many of the original internal parts as we could

Boneyard51 likes this.
  19. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

I'm only suggesting that if you ever want more... I had a friend who raced at Lebanon Valley Speedway many years ago that used 302 jimmies and had a Fisher head for it. I loved the sound it made.

Boneyard51 and Jack Wagon like this.
  20. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon
    from Ferguson

I am interested and have been wanting to do some period upgrades as we progress. So far I’ve been thru the brakes, engine, clutch, trans and u-joints and most of the front clip. The body is pretty rusty.

I didn’t mean to get the thread off topic but the car is a curiosity and I will start a thread on it soon.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  21. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

Please do. I'll follow.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  22. I used to work with a guy who tried that on me. Only he said it was in a Mustang. He knew I was into old cars but I knew he was into notorious lying so I never even considered it to be true.

23. big bird

big bird

Guy I know was gassing up his (OT) mid-70s yellow Camaro near me at the gas station. A little kid (8-10) asked him "Is that a Camaro?!?!?" He beamed with pride as he answered "Why yes it is!" The kid asked "What kind of robot does it turn into?" Mr. Camaro just kind of melted.

dan c, williebill, Boneyard51 and 4 others like this.
  24. Don’t know if this is an insult but I get phone calls when weird crap shows up at the scrap yard.
    Sometimes the scrap yard guys put it to the side somewhere and won’t sell it till I get the check it out.
    Weird

Wanderlust and Boneyard51 like this.
  25. twenty8

twenty8

Man, you got the wrong end of the stick. That's a huge compliment.......:D

Boneyard51 and anthony myrick like this.
  26. Twice they have sold me engines/trans and loaded the vehicle up on my trailer so I can remove em at the shop. Then take the shell back

27. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon
    from Ferguson

This one makes them think and it works for cars or moonshine…smooth or rough…

“That’s as smooth as your wife’s backside”

Boneyard51 likes this.
  28. Georelle

Georelle

Way back in my high school days some of the guys were checking our friends new-used car. One of my friends noticed it was an automatic and commented, "Oh you got an automatic. That's good, then your girlfriend can give you a ride home if you've had one too many"

29. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

Funny you should mention that. SWMBO, then my girlfriend prior to getting serious, had to drive me home one night, and then herself home. The next day she drove back to get my car back to me, and told me in no uncertain terms that if I ever did that again we were thru, as she hated cars with automatics, especially that one.

Coming up on our 42nd anniversary next February. BTW I did once more 5 years later after we were married and I was in college in 1983. But this time we had an F100 with 3 on the tree. No problem...well she was still mad at me. I haven't ever done that again!

30. hudson48

hudson48

When I posted this thread as a bit of tongue in cheek I didn't expect it to morph into over 240 posts in response. Some very funny and my original one "It's a Citroen"" is very tame compared to some of the others. Hope you all had a good laugh.

dan c, Lil32, Deuces and 11 others like this.