Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Your worst car insult by someone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Hey man, I've got friends that worry about fuel mileage on their hot rods. Never been a concern of mine. And from what I've seen and read about your coupe, I'd say you built it to scare the shit out of yourself! I worry more about my new build being too lame! So I'm throwing a 150 shot on it just to help things along ;):D

2. That sums it up completely . What this crazy hotrodding life is all about. If you built your car and you are proud of it , enjoy it, love it, that is what truly matters.

tinkirk, lostone, Driver50x and 3 others like this.
  3. ken bogren

ken bogren

I usually start the "what color" ? by saying "I'm a little color blind ... ?"

Boneyard51 likes this.
  4. A funny story from a show.
    One of my students said some guy was being an a-hole at a show. I got him to point the guy out. He was with a 33/34 ford. I told the student to wait about an hour then go ask the guy if his car was a Street Beast.
    Student looked puzzled at me. I said don’t worry, he knows what that is.
    Kid came back with a grin later. He said I was correct, that guy knows what a Street Beast is.

Ned Ludd, F-ONE, i.rant and 8 others like this.
  5. I would not ever consider anything that you have built or are building to be anywhere near lame . Hey, my car over the years has been called a rat rod, Jalopy, junk, kit car, even a piece of shit by a guy at a show. And thats fine with me. Opinions vary.:)

6. When I first got my channeled '32 pickup with half a dozen different colored panels on it running, some guy looked at it and said "what is that THING?"

7. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Lyrics from a song come to mind:

Take it easy
    Don't let the sound of your own wheels
    Drive you crazy

Lighten up while you still can
    Don't even try to understand
    Just find a place to make your stand
    And take it easy

ffr1222k, Chavezk21, X-cpe and 5 others like this.
  8. I took my 37 Ford to one of the Street Rod Nationals on the grounds they had a old hot rod section . I go in and the guy in charge says were do you think your going with that car it's not a hot rod . I said most of the cars in there are new builds to look like hot rods and my 37 was a original hot rod from 1948 . It was chopped and 48 Packard grille installed and dash was cutomized with 48 S&W gauges and speedometer , glove box leaded in for a smooth look. Also the original front suspension was still there and buggy spring in rear also with a 1949 Olds. rear . Up front there is a 53 Caddy full house mill .The bumpers are 37 Desoto , so why can't I park with the hot rods , he said take it in ! So I parked next to Fiberglass bodied Coupe with a Mustang front suspension with all late drive line parts , modern gauges and new leather interior . To top it all off I had the oldest rod in there ! View attachment 5238030

weps, R A Wrench, jim snow and 3 others like this.
  9. Lmao I'm scared to death that it's gonna be a big pig when i drop the hammer! Hope not though. If so it'll have a big block in it.

mad mikey likes this.
  10. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Might be the lighting…

WalkerMD likes this.
  11. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

bigger is better..not many doing big blocks anymore....i have an o/t chevy van..gets 15.7 mpg...i dont give a darn..i know ill walk away if wrecked with all the crazy drivers on the taconic parkway doing 80 in a 55 zone...

12. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I worried about the fuel mileage in our Ford y-block with one 4 barrel so much . . . . I added another one..

29A-V8, ffr1222k, Jack Wagon and 8 others like this.
  13. old chevy

old chevy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Exactly the perfect response. Mine is for my enjoyment and I drive it as much as possible.

mad mikey and Boneyard51 like this.
  14. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The title of this thread is : "YOUR WORST CAR INSULT". Even though the sentence structure is not really clear. I took the meaning to be "What was the worst insult you have ever made to someone about their car?". not "What was the worst insult someone made about your car?" I have looked through this entire thread and see I am the only one who took it that way.

Does that say more about me or the rest of you?

15. ^ That one's a driver, as they say. Not:rolleyes:

Boneyard51 likes this.
  16. I just baffles me that someone would go to the effort to build a presumably functioning car, then use another vehicle and a trailer any time they want go go anywhere in it. Well, not in it...to end up somewhere with it.:confused:

Not just the one above, but all those who do it. It's an insult to the car!

17. clem

clem

would you not call that a complement ………….? :D

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  18. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Teenage banter was a common thing to boost the morale of thoughts and situations. It was something that all of us grew to like, as it was camaraderie at its finest. If the stuff was mild and not degrading it was ok. So, for the most part, before the fists started slinging, we all knew or most all knew, when to change the subject or make a different track to the conversation.

Hot rods and car builds were game fodder as everyone had a certain style and choices made were much different, but similar. So, one had to be careful to slander someone’s choice of interior as it might be similar to another friend’s car. So, we learned to keep that type of banter to a minimum. Don’t get me wrong, hot rods and our fast Chevy sedans were just there for game fodder material, as long as it did not personally hurt the other person.
    upload_2021-11-23_3-53-30.png
    No one doubted who had the fastest car during our high school days, but there were other things that were open for some laughter. Who in their right mind would put on clear plastic seat covers on a pristine new interior? Who would put an automatic in a stick shift car? Who puts on a trailer hitch on the rear of a cool, fast sedan? And, who would not run chromed reversed wheels to make the Chevy sedan stand out ?

The questions were always headed my way with the black Impala sitting in the back row or at school bantering sessions. I put on new clear plastic seat covers that replaced my brother’s original clear seat covers. My school friend’s dad owned the seat cover shop, a few blocks from our high school. I had a C&O Stick Hydro installed in my 58 Impala for several reasons and it paid off in droves, as far as reliability and quickness off of the starting line.

During our 1940 Willys gas coupe days, we had a solid bar trailer hitch welded on to tow our Willys Coupe to the drags or elsewhere when needed. Plus, the trailer hitch paid for itself many times over on a rear end bumper tap situation. As far as the chrome wheels were concerned, I wanted some, but could not afford them. So, I waited until I could. Then, skipped the simple reversed chrome wheels and had Buick Skylark Wire Wheels that were able to be installed on modified hubs and axles.
    upload_2021-11-23_4-9-44.png Thanks...@themoose
    Jnaki

So, despite the laughter and sometimes mild ridicule, it was me that got the last laugh at all of those comments as I had the fastest Chevy sedan and no one doubted it until I sold the Impala prior to going off to college in Northern California.

I wish I had known how the Impala lasted during the next several years, as the young teenager who bought it had several years left of high school and the cruising grounds of Bixby Knolls.
    upload_2021-11-23_3-45-56.png
    I had my comments thrown at me, and survived, due to the results of the pristine 58 Impala being fast and cool. YRMV

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    dan c, Lil32, mad mikey and 1 other person like this.
  19. clem

clem

Each to their own, - I think that is probably the best looking’40 tudor that I have ever seen. Absolutely beautiful !

20. I had one guy in a horrible color Mustang pull up next to me at a light... what color are you going to paint it? I looked at his car and said, it sure will not be baby-shit yellow...

Guy Patterson likes this.
  21. GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy
    from Central IN

And Rat Rod for that matter, if it's not perfectly shiny. People are simply ignorant about the terminology and what's considered an insult. That's probably more common than them being assholes (but a lot of the responses from this thread sure are).

X38 and 210superair like this.
  22. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Our daughter always complained about being taken to school in "that noisy old truck" (my 56 F100) until one day when a couple of guys started asking her about her dad's cool truck. From that day on she always wanted to be taken anywhere in the '56.

Fitty Toomuch, Budget36, clem and 2 others like this.
  23. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

This is the kind of insults I get:

dan31, WalkerMD, mad mikey and 3 others like this.
  24. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I think people have more of an idea of what they consider a rr, if they've heard the term at all. To them a rr is just like a hr/Sr, except crappy looking.... Lol. But yes, exactly.

25. jeepster

jeepster
    from wisconsin

Not sure it is an insult, more like a question from the uneducated, but I hear quite frequently "is that a Thing". (VW)
    To which I reply "no this car actually won the war"!

SS327 and williebill like this.
  26. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

All insults are not words…. When I go to the local salvage yard I have to put a sign in my OT truck….so people won’t start taking parts off it! Really , I had a guy actually start to remove the hood off it one time! Lol

Bones

mrspeedyt, F-ONE, dan31 and 9 others like this.
  27. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don’t know whether it’s an insult or not but the Friday night show I go to quite a few times a year has a line on the windshield card they give you to fill out. The show in on a 1 block “Main Street” and gets a lot of civilians especially in the summer.
    The line is for “outstanding features” on which I now write the words “ Not a Chevrolet” ….. it gets a lot of reads, looks, and smiles. I should have thought of it 10 years ago.

Budget36 and mad mikey like this.
  28. I was followed into the scrap yard while driving my bus. Guy thought I was scrapping it.

F-ONE, clem, mad mikey and 4 others like this.
  29. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Or a Classic Motor Carriage !

30. All 3 of my regular drivers look at home in the scrap yard. I also have to make sure guys dont take parts off.
    They blend in like ET hiding with the stuffed animals.
    Luckily the folks that work there know me and don’t pick em up with the giant claw

F-ONE, bobss396, Budget36 and 3 others like this.