Register now to get rid of these ads!

An Update From The Store...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

An Update From The Store...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. flatford8

flatford8
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Lyman,ME.

No judging or waiting here.....Happy Thanksgiving- Merry Christmas-Happy New Year.........Mark

3. The tool box sound cool, hopefully in the future you can make that happen, is this where I say, "DIBS" :D HRP

4. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Could a local trophy shop have helped with the plaques. I think @John B could maybe help, He runs a trophy shop, Might not be too late???

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I thought about that... But I wanna do it right with tags that match the error of the boxes. Give me a sec and I'll show you guys the glory of these things.

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

do what you can, and accept what you can't - will make it more exciting when the goodies will be offered & shipped - have a Happy Thanksgiving

hotrodjack33 and mad mikey like this.
  7. I admire and appreciate your quest to do it right or not at all…I’m in when the toolboxes happen.

8. The boxes sound cool! I totally get taking your time to do them right. Sucks that you have had so many issues on the project.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  9. Jack Rice

Jack Rice
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The toolbox thing sounds super cool. Those old Army boxes deserve to be done correctly. Take your time, worth the wait I'm sure.

mad mikey, 427 sleeper and VANDENPLAS like this.
  10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

11. Pretty cool. Wonder what they cost originally? ;)

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  12. Jarek Thompson

Jarek Thompson

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  13. I assume they will be a very limited supply when you offer them in the store. HRP

mad mikey and VANDENPLAS like this.
  14. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool. Very similar to the old Craftsman box.

15. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

I suspect that the holes were for a property tag. Back in the late 1960's, I worked for GE in Burlington, VT. We made electrically driven Gatling guns. Some of the machinery was Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) and had property tags with a government provided serial number.

Sometime after the 1950's, the government went from rivet-on metal tags to stick on tags. Originally, a metalized foil tag with the identifying data (Contract #, Serial #, Equipment name, etc) embossed into the foil. I've lost track of the requirements in recent decades...

Google failed me on a picture of a government example. The following is in my possession and is driven frequently:

Data plate.jpg This is the data plate from a 1952 Bell Telephone System service bed. A few regional manufactures produced them to the D L 237 6 drawing specification (supposedly to reduce shipping costs).

HPIM3117-1.JPG
    It was installed on a Chevy/GMC 1/2 ton chassis (I only got the back half). Currently on an off-topic truck (picture omitted - don't want to have a moderator sprain a delete finger). The truck does have big 'an little's, spun aluminum disks, primer and 5-on-the-floor.

A quick Google brought up a current link for the regulation:

https://www.acquisition.gov/dfars/2...ing-and-marking-government-furnished-property.

Russ

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

depends on what kind of relationship the guys at Union steel had with the politicians in DC.

I think I have a 100 of them.

exactly like a 60s era craftsman I own… but these military boxes are made of much heavier gauge.

17. Make it 99, I'll take one.

18. williebill

williebill

If you're keeping a list of who wants one, count me in for one of them. Thanks.

mad mikey and VANDENPLAS like this.
  19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm not... I suck at the pre-order organization stuff.

I used to have contacts with SK and was thinking it would be super rad to include a basic wrench set that was branded as well, but SK has since sold and I don't know the new guys.

20. The grand ol’ “ Supply chain “ we have been dealing with it for months at work in the forklift industry ,
    Shortage of forks , battery chargers , now battery cells .
    Wife went to get a prescription from her dr . The other day Dr told her to be adamant with the pharmacist to get her 3 month supply as there is now a drug shortage .
    I went to Home Depot a couple days ago to buy 1-1/2 pvc drain pipe . ….. all out ?!?!

from what I hear at least a year out until the supply chain catches up again .

cool tool boxes , hope you get it sorted in short order .

21. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Take my Money!..I need a 1957 Box!!!!!!

fauj, juan motime, mad mikey and 5 others like this.
  22. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I understand but disappointed for sure . I vote for black beanies . :) Thanks for all your efforts on the site .

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  23. williebill

williebill

Ryan, I'll send you a nice yellow legal pad, and a pack of Bic pens... You can keep a list.. that'll make you a better pre-order organization stuff kind of guy. Y'know, a traditional list.
    I'll even include a manila file folder to keep it all together.
    And a big rubber band to wrap around the manila folder.
    Just put my name somewhere on page one.

Ryan, do you prefer blue or black ink pens?

chryslerfan55 and Budget36 like this.
  24. 5window

5window

One local lumber yard was out of quarter round molding and was told it was unavailable. The other had over 500 feet in stock. I needed 8 feet. Hang in there, Ryan.

chryslerfan55 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  25. Jack Rice

Jack Rice
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The battery box bolted in the bed of my crusty 36 pickup is a 60's era Army 2.25" rocket box. One of those tool boxes will be a cool addition.

26. ...You need two, Jeff.:D

27. the era of the boxes. ;)

lothiandon1940 and Moriarity like this.
  28. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Another update from the store just hit my inbox:

So, the USPS somehow lost all of my shipments over two weeks... I think? I mean, I haven't gotten any complaints from folks saying their stuff wasn't received. In any regard, if you are waiting on something - I'm working on it.

Thankfully, today is tag stamping/shipping day... and I didn't ship any tags during that period.

_ FML sometimes.

chryslerfan55, catdad49, fauj and 5 others like this.
  29. Budget36

Budget36

Another question, how can you get up and down the stairs and have such a smooth video?
    Nice tool boxes too!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  30. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member