Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Your worst car insult by someone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Hardly an insult. But then your response isn't exactly friendly either.:eek:

As you know, there are many varieties of red, with lots of different names. Perhaps they just were interested in a name?

2. Is your parking spot at work the one with oil stains? Maybe a tinge of rust residue?

VANDENPLAS, SS327 and Deuces like this.
  3. My dad called my 4 door Fairlane "The Taxi" for years.

Not to mention, even though it said "Fairlane" all over it, in bright ass chrome mind you, everybody used to say "Nice Falcon".

[​IMG]

Okie Pete, mad mikey, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  4. Is your Stupidbaker still running ? Mostly get that from my old School buddies.....

5. Is that a Ford?
    IMG_4948.JPG

6. jerry rigged

jerry rigged

Not original, but I always liked "Did anybody get hurt in that wreck?" "No, but your sister got cut in the back seat":D

dan c, VANDENPLAS, mad mikey and 6 others like this.
  7. Now this is a true story. A shop I worked at for a long time repaired European cars. We had an upscale clientele. One customer seen me in my daily. A 63 f100. Primer/rust, loud with a duct tape sear cover.
    My boss came to me and said Mr so and so asked me if I pay my techs well. My boss, confused, asked what are you talking about? Mr so and so went on to tell my boss he has seen my truck and wondered if I was being paid correctly. My boss started laughing. He informed Mr so and so that I was one of the top paid techs in the shop and he has no clue why I drive the crap I drive other than to mess with him or it’s some odd deficiency I possess. He went on to add every time I buy something nice I sell it and drive junk again.

34 5W Paul, F-ONE, Okie Pete and 15 others like this.
  8. phat rat

phat rat

I had that happen once. My reply was "I left that there for guys like you to point out" he didn't say another word just left. Bystanders in the background laughing

Okie Pete, Boneyard51 and Deuces like this.
  9. If I remember right, mom said that is called hypocrisy ;)

ffr1222k, lostone, treeman53 and 6 others like this.
  10. I hesitated to post this because in today's environment it is SOOO not "PC", but I believe we have an adult crowd here so I'll go ahead.

Back in the day, I had a buddy with a '53 Buick that was missing two grille bars just left of center which he used to call "Harelip".

11. gene-koning

gene-koning

There is no such thing as an insult when you talk to me about anything I've built. Nearly all of it came out of a junk yard, or was a heaping pile of crap. I've merely revived it, and made it into a safe driver. Many probably don't approve of the process I've used to make it a driver, I really don't care what their opinion may be, I am enjoying it! The odds are when I'm done with it, someone else will enjoy driving it, or it will return back to the junk yard, or back to the heaping pile of crap.

Since I know where it came from, and I know most likely where it will end up, any thing people say about it, I take as a complement. For the record, I've always left flaws for the azzholes to find and comment about, and I'm not afraid to tell them so.

For the most part, most people think its pretty cool to see the old stuff still driving around and being used. Their thumbs up more then covers anything a few people say that insist on making insults they think will bother me.

dan c, 61Cruiser, Okie Pete and 8 others like this.
  12. primed34

primed34

Got asked if anyone got killed in that wreck? I said no but your old lady got cut in it.

Boneyard51 and Deuces like this.
  13. SS327

SS327

When my girlfriend and I first got together I had an retired Army 71 m35a-2 6x6 with winch and hard top. The 4 girls refused to ride in it. So I told R. One day I’ll go pick up the girls from school. Got there about a half hour before school let out. (Bad move on my part.) once the first boy noticed my truck and went nuts over it only to attract more girls. The more girls attracted more boys until the grade school and high school were emptied out and by my “Old Army Truck”. Teachers, bus drivers, coaches and some parents were not amused when they could not find their kids. The next day they were the most popular girls in school with the cool truck. They got mad at me when I traded it for a 75 4 speed vette.

lemondana, Truck64, Okie Pete and 6 others like this.
  14. X-cpe

X-cpe

My mentor 50 years ago, "Couldn't pull a greasy string out of a sick bull's ass."

Boneyard51 and Deuces like this.
  15. wicarnut

wicarnut

The only guy that irritates me is the "Expert" all others I take as a compliment that they want to talk with me about my cars and Not all people are car smart, just curious about the car or just being friendly. A fair amount of women seem to be interested in the car hobby IMO, True story, my HighBoy roadster had a "Fad" type paint job, Dupont Chrome Illusion paint, flip flop type, deep blue to purple to copper, (pics in my albums) beautiful IMO, the only opinion that mattered, my car, my money. Die hard Hot Rodders, not so much, for most it has to be black or red. All my Buddy's would say, how come all the good looking babes hang by you and your hot rod and all the old fat guys would be by theirs, my answer, my car is pretty LOL. It was traditional HighBoy with the modern "fad" paint/wheels which when I went to sell it, black or red is the roadster color, I ended up trading for an unfinished 32 3 window, a perfect deal, which is what I wanted next at that time frame. (pics in albums) My wife says I'm a little weird, I prefer Unique. Through the years the traditional style hot rod along with classic and survivor cars have my interest, but finishing out with my 2 OT survivor performance cars as all I want to do is drive them and enjoy the hobby.

Okie Pete, VANDENPLAS, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  16. chrisp

chrisp

When I read about all those who were asked : is it a Citroën?
    Well I own a Citroën and was asked if it was a Studebaker... I take offense to that. Lol.
    An appraiser visited my parents house, sees my chopped 2 door converted wagon in the basement and comment : well this pile of junk is worth nothing and you're gonna have to pay to throw it away.
    I just told him : it's mine and in better shape than most of the cars I restore for a living. No need to get angry with people who don't know anything about cars but give their opinions anyway.

17. GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy
    from Central IN

I hope you laid your hand on his arm when you admitted to being the owner. Could have had some fun with that asshole!

18. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Yeah, a lot of these sound like questions I get about my boats from car guys! Lmao.... And I don't mean that as a knock. We all have our specialties, but yeah, I don't get buh-hur when people ask questions out of ignorance. They don't know.

I took my Chris Craft to a show once last summer after taking the shoebox twice. Literally has a giant decal that says "Chris Craft Holiday" down 1/3 of both sides of the boat. Car guy wanders up and says 'what is that, a century?'..... Lol.

But I've had many people guess at my car being a stude.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    Okie Pete and Deuces like this.
  19. BDUB77

BDUB77

20. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Come on, everyone knows that's an Amphicar! Geez.

21. I had some nimrod in a parking lot ask if my '59 Ford was a '48. I said, you sure are up on your old Fords buddy...

Okie Pete, Deuces and Boneyard51 like this.
  22. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

i have to admit i luv asking the ratrod people what color are you going to paint it ??

23. LongT

LongT

They shouldn't allow T-buckets in car shows. About my T. It was the first show I went to.

Deuces likes this.
  24. I parked my bus next to a new vette
    Not to be an a-hole but it was the most convenient spot. The bus attracted such a crowd the vette guy moved. People were getting too close to his ride while taking pictures I guess.
    He and his wife had this funny look of disgust as I parked.

F-ONE, Okie Pete, R A Wrench and 3 others like this.
  25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I had a real nice 62 Cadillac Sedan Deville for sale. original white paint with black leather. this moron comes by to look at it, looks it over and declares "too bad it's a 4 door, it's only good for parts".

looking back now I wish I had choked the F out of him and buried him in the back yard.

Okie Pete, LOST ANGEL, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  26. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I was at a farm sale loading a thing I just bought in my pickup,
    with mild cam and loud pipes and a very nice running engine. But it did let the cam talk a little. An old farmer came up and told me I needed to give my truck a “ good tune up” ! LOL

Bones

27. .There are those on THIS forum and several others that think the same way. Sad.

Ben

Okie Pete, 49ratfink and Boneyard51 like this.
  28. Driver50x

Driver50x

This is not really an insult. I pulled into a gas station with my T-Bucket. A twenty something guy asked me what year it was. I said it’s a ‘23. He said “1823”? Maybe he needed a quick history lesson.

29. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

3E8C3482-CCEF-4233-A81C-DCD6AC28582C.jpeg
    I was driving over to my friends house, yesterday , and passed a car exactly like the car in your avatar on a trailer! Or almost exactly! Lol Didn’t have my camera or I would have got some pics! I said “ hey, that looks like Bob’s car!” Sure do like those. ‘59s!

Went back by today, he had moved it in behind his house! It was proudly displayed in the sun in the yard! Going to have to make my way down there and see what’s what! Lol

Bones

Okie Pete likes this.
  30. Last large car show I was at I won a door prize.
    A detail kit with a bucket, soap, mitt and polish. Announcer said we’re not drawing for this one. We’re giving it to the ride that needs it the most.
    Mine.