Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Southeast Gasser 65 Comet Super Stock Wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by southcross2631, Jan 19, 2020.

1. I saw that picture also. It's hard to tell exactly when it occurred. It could be a rebound from the torque reaction to the housing,..A shock issue maybe? I would guess its related to the pinion snubber setup. They weren't commonly used on stick shift cars. The shortness of the contact could be causing a violent reaction , even with the front spring half beefed up like it is.
    The Stahl Jr Stock single bar system was to the right of the pinion and a good deal longer.

saltflats likes this.
  2. @southcross2631 I'm late to finding this thread but I just read the whole thing. Awesome build on the car! Are there any updates on how the car has been running?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

After people sent him parts for free - and another user here painted it for free - he sold it

ottoman, greasemonkey54 and loudbang like this.
  4. Gotcha. Well thanks for the update

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. bchctybob

bchctybob

I'm hoping that there's more to the story, like he's building the other car with an FE or the hurricane messed it up and he couldn't bear to fix it so it got sold as is. Or? I just hope Mike and his wife are ok? I sure enjoyed following his adventures.

6. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

No - it looks like he (or someone) deleted a bunch of posts that told the story (unless they're in another thread) I think he sold it to another SEGA racer

7. No good deed goes unpunished.....

oldiron 440 and bchctybob like this.
  8. bchctybob

bchctybob

I'd still rather hear it from the horses mouth. I know he went through a serious health scare a while back, anything's possible. Myself, I was fascinated by that little SBF's ability to tear stuff up. Breakin' parts like a big block.

b-body-bob and 427 sleeper like this.
  9. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

When I went to the SEGA races here a few weeks ago, I heard Mike was at the meet, not racing, but I never ran into him. I had hoped to talk with him and find out what his next build is. I believe he had mentioned doing another Ford.

427 sleeper, egads and loudbang like this.