Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Moriarity visit!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevy57dude, Oct 12, 2021.

1. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

"Some" ?
    Microwave doesn't count as cooking ability......

Have to give my buddy - fellow Mod crap, this is getting funnier by the minute. :D

2. Any pictures of the diorama?? Sounds soo cool. Why did ya part it? Thanks for sharing your Great collection. I've been to The Henry Ford, Indy speedway, Don Garlits, Speedy Bill's, NHRA , and the Pete museums. They all were great, and larger. But your place is sooo much COOLER!!!

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I didn't own it, my buddy Billy did. I helped him build it, he sold it to Moon
    diorama1.jpg diorama2.jpg diorama3.jpg

4. ^^^^^^^GEEZ!......That is so very cool! Amazing really. Love it^^^^^^^:)

5. hipojoe

hipojoe

One of my first thoughts was I bet there is NO Mrs involved here! No cooking, No food in fridge, cabinets filled with auto parts... OOOH MY!!! I often have that conversation with my Kids and Grand kids Do you know how much you guys have cost your DAD- GRAND DAD? Seems a decision has to be made early on... Family - or a collection of what we love. Thoughts? Love the collection!!!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. ....Getting kinda personal.

7. wvenfield

wvenfield

I know a guy that has an amazing Harley collection. He doesn't show them to hardly anyone. I've only seen it because of an inside connection. He doesn't take them out. He doesn't ride any of them. These are all very high dollar original bikes mostly pre-1950's.

chryslerfan55, chevy57dude and Deuces like this.
  8. hipojoe

hipojoe

Let me rephrase my statement... I would not do well with no food in the fridge or cabinets. Nothing personal.....

9. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Yup, I was married once and had kids and have grandkids. Here is a pic of one of my grandsons with a vintage school desk that I fixed up and had pinstriped for him D9D35146-89F5-47EB-9ECB-C21713A8BC0E.jpeg 4A4C2F27-D5E5-4C96-B3F3-3AD603D2E492.jpeg

10. Deuces

Deuces

Very cool!!!!!.....:cool:

11. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I'm scared to ask if the toilets are flaked and flamed.

What a great House.:):):)

12. SS327

SS327

That’s not a vintage school desk. That’s what I had in grammar school!

chevy57dude and Moriarity like this.
  13. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

At my age, its very vintage.

14. hipojoe

hipojoe

Desks from the 50s 60s you got in on the driver side, they were designed for right handed kids, had a kick out on the right side for right handed writing kids. Leftys had no rights back then.

15. carbking

carbking

Wonderful tour!

I have been to less-impressive museums that charged admission!

Thanks to both for sharing!

Jon.

16. @Moriarity ...I really like the tours of your place and your collection. Very cool and thanks for sharing your stuff!

I have a question about the Outlaw. I was looking through the thread on the Boothill Express whereabouts and a picture was posted showing it at the Speedway Museum. Alongside the Boothill Express was the Outlaw. Was there more than one? Is one a clone or? I'm not trying to stir anything up...just curious. Screenshot_20211016-092025_Chrome.jpg

17. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

that one fritz built, speedway bought it back in 09

18. Why do I get the feeling he was listening to Inna Gadda Da Vida when he built that.

19. That is amazing, looks like alot of polishing. Most car guys I know are very generous. Looks like a great destination for the hamb tour.

20. Deuces

Deuces

Great song, ain't it????.....:D:rolleyes:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  21. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

Mark has shown his museum before here on hamb. I'm sure many times. I will never tire of seeing his awesome collection. Thank You Mark for allowing all of us along on another great tour!

1Nimrod, chevy57dude, Sky Six and 3 others like this.
  22. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

In todays mail was this awesome custom made Pen that @chevy57dude had his step daughter make for me!! Thanks man!
    pen.jpg

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    Kiwi 4d, 1Nimrod, Tim and 19 others like this.
  23. ^^^How cool is that!!^^^^:)

24. 20211025_183223.jpg
    Glad you like it! She made mine as a surprise gift. We were visiting her new home in Minnesota, actually wife visited and I wired her wood shop for power and heat. Seems hanging out with tools is relaxing. Makes a few bucks at the pen hobby, too. Lots of exotic wood chunks go through that lathe!

25. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pretty good bet that if you see a hotrod in the living room then there’s no Mrs. involved. This man is sick!

26. Hopefully there's no cure.

27. loudbang

loudbang

Man those pens sure look like "Pen Guns" I used to collect and sell.

1d.jpg

1b.jpg

1a.jpg

28. She makes a lot of different kinds. Figured car guys might dig the "gated shifter" design.

1Nimrod, Tim, loudbang and 4 others like this.