Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods How about some love for the T-Bucket?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 9, 2021.

1. Lil32

Lil32

2. Blake 27

Blake 27

3. Lil32

Lil32

4. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-10-5_4-9-54.png
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/friday-art-show-6-7-19.1152707/#post-13111331

Hello,

Drawing old cars and hot rods has always been a part of growing up. It was something we liked to do, but our skills weren’t the best. We kept on until photographs came into the picture. Since photos help draw various items, it was a natural to get back into drawing old hot rods and customs again.

The drawings always could be anything that we could remember as we did not see a lot of
    T-buckets on the street when we were growing up. One would think that sunny So Cal was a hot bed of T-buckets. But, as magazines go, it was simple to showcase them in sunny So Cal. What was better than being cramped in a small cockpit with the wind blowing in your hair?

My brother was a realist and he knew the size of the cockpit, the seats and steering wheel was not going to do it for a couple of big teenagers. On paper or in custom plastic models, it was fine, but reality spoke to him. To me, it was one step above being on a custom motorcycle. There was some protection from the elements.

Jnaki

My wife and I went to a neighborhood car show and saw this blue T-bucket among all of the other custom cars and hot rods. It was the only one out of many old cars on display. The sign of the times in So Cal. While once popular in magazines, they were now overtaken by other hot rod builds with more comfort and viability for everyone in the family.
    upload_2021-10-5_4-15-57.png
    Our safety conscious son would have had a nightmare or giant fit, if my wife and I drove up to his house to take our granddaughter for a ride. The generation of new parents were the utmost in car safety and this open roadster would not cut it for them. Besides, two adults is about it for comfort and with a small child in between. That would have been over the top. So, back to cruising for two, if that was the scenario.
    upload_2021-10-5_4-16-48.png
    This little blue t-bucket has been seen all over So Cal . It is a regular at the coastal cars and coffee events. It is a runner and shows quite well. In the display we saw, it was surrounded by plenty of people, in this day and age, that have never seen a T-bucket before. To them and others, it looked like a dragster with the open motor and headers. But, the wait for unobstructed photos was worth the wait. The detailing was great and I am sure it gives the owner plenty of performance power. TEHO
    upload_2021-10-5_4-17-48.png

5. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

Anyone have pictures of the “rail job” from Hollywood Knights?

Tim_with_a_T and Deuces like this.
  6. bchctybob

bchctybob

Why on earth would you mount the front brake calipers like that? And the brake lines are just waiting for something to rip them off. I do like the trimmed Model A shell though - tastefully different.

loudbang likes this.
  7. Judging by the rotors, they're not functional. See drums on the wheel side

bchctybob and loudbang like this.
  8. Lil32

Lil32

T bucket was seen at So Cal Open House Day ?
    could be a California thing ?

bchctybob and loudbang like this.
  9. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

10. phat rat

phat rat

Take another look. It looks like rotors to me. But I have been known to be wrong

bchctybob, loudbang and lurker mick like this.
  11. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Something made builder forget about the seats.

[​IMG]

13. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

the thing i always loved about all my t buckets was, it's the closest thing to driving a fuel altered you can have.

bchctybob, RJP, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
  14. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

15. chopdtop

chopdtop

More information about it coming soon.

Attached Files:

16. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

I'd like to see the street racing footage of this one. Looked for it awhile back, found 'bout near everything else.
    Marcus...

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  17. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

18. Deuces

Deuces

19. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

20. lake_harley

lake_harley

^^^^^^I suppose the pump labeled NITRO was the top grade of fuel at that station? Appropriate.

Lynn

21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I don't recall any Chevron "Nitro", wondering if that's a Photoshop deal.

lurker mick, Lil32 and Deuces like this.
  22. A Boner

A Boner

A little out of the box, but pretty slick!
    EDB07A76-172D-4C86-A1FE-D1FDD8FB449E.png

23. lake_harley

lake_harley

^^^^That's a nicely proportioned T! I had an idea and made some sketches of a T I have thought about building which would be quite simliar but with the rear axle moved back about 3" or 4". My guess is the T above might be about 94" to 95" wheelbase, and I do like T's with pretty short wheelbases. I think if the windshield and top were to be 6" to 8" shorter it would look a bit less "boxy". I also really like that it has a hood with partial sides and nothing sticking up out of the top. Quite different and refreshing for a T.

With the turtledeck and luggage rack (that appears to maybe be removable?) it would actually have some practicality. Much more than my current T that just has a "Moon-style" tank out back!

Oh....the Torq-Thrust wheels are spot on for that car too!

Maybe I'll live long enough to actually build my dream T roadster and actually use it and drive it more. A trip to the grocery store would almost be pushing it with my current T.

Have any other info on it, A Boner?

Lynn

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    loudbang, Lil32 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  24. A Boner

A Boner

The only change I’d make...lower the headlights a little! The wheelbase gives it a sprint car vibe, and matches the headers. With the luggage rack and some bungee cords, you could actually take something with you! Tall top adds to the funky look.
    I probably wouldn’t have to change the engine either!

loudbang and Lil32 like this.
  25. Lil32

Lil32

26. Deuces

Deuces

12 spoke front runners with brakes! Gotta love that....:) IMG_0828.JPG

chryslerfan55, A Boner, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  27. RodStRace

RodStRace

That Yellow one IMHO is confused.
    On one hand, it has all the Brass and a tall windshield with support rods to be a retro/vintage or late 60s show style, but has a wheel and tire combo along with a blown SBC that reflects more of a FED/altered style build.
    Mixing of styles (and this particular mix) was and is common since the 70s, but I'd prefer one or the other.

bchctybob and lake_harley like this.
  28. A Boner

A Boner

Never did like cowl lights/lanterns, or non-homogenized headlights.

lake_harley likes this.
  29. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

30. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown