Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest CRS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jaw22w, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Lil32

Lil32

yesterday spent two hours looking for the gasket between carby and air cleaner on 350.
    been working on carb tuning so I thought I took gasket off ,placed in safe place to avoid damage or loss
    well no gasket,just put cleaner back on, you guessed, gasket was on carby, Dic.head
    many years ago while restoring a 1929 Chev, I made all gaskets etc for engine,car would start, stupid,
    I forgot to cut hole between carby and manifold

2. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

The only decision you have to make is if whether you can still fart standing up. If not, you may have to sit to pee just to be sure.

3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ah hell just sit and you don't have to worry about an ass chewing for missing the pot. Along with memory and a few other things one's aim gets off a bit with age.

It's funny or maybe not but I could still remember exactly where the 1-3/8 Crowfoot wrench that is made to adjust caster/camber on certain Cadillacs was this morning even though I bought it 48 or 49 years ago but can't remember where I put my pipe wrenches a few months ago or where I set a half inch wrench down yesterday.

5. Harv

Harv
    from Sydney

CRAFT is when you know you have a vane supercharger. It’s about the size of two shoeboxes… hard to miss. You are sure you have not sold it, as the market is small. The house is small, as is the 1-car cement board shed. You’ve turned shed and house upside down 3 times.

Think I can find it?

I bet it turns up in the fridge.

cheers,
    Harv

6. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

I recently pulled the intake and exhaust manifolds off the 216 in my ‘50 to eliminate the possibility of a vacuum leak in that area as I have to use a bit of choke to get the car to run well. Put cheap paper towels in the intake ports to keep dirt out. After reassembly I couldn’t recall whether I had removed the paper towels. I wasn’t going to pull everything apart to find out. I hadn’t. Started the car, sooty confetti out the exhaust. The engine is no worse for the event. CRS!

7. X-cpe

X-cpe

I could get a whole lot more done if I didn't have to spend so much time looking for what I just had.

Years ago I spent over an hour trying to get my '56 Chevy to start. Then I put it in park.

8. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

I know there's something I'm forgetting but I forgot what it was. Oh well I'll remember it tomorrow when it's yesterday!

9. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

Now, I ask you, how in the phuck can you duck under a 26in. bike that's hanging from the rafters, reach down and grab a 2x4 off of the floor, stand up, turn around and smack your face into the same phucking bike, who does that???!!! At least I didn't break my glasses! Resized_20211021_104839(1)[1233].jpeg

10. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

Well, I feel better about the whole thing. Misery loves company.

11. I have been putting parts in "safe" places for 50 years and losing them. I had lost a wrench one time, tore the garage apart looking for it. Only to find it on a bathroom shelf later in the day. I'll lose things, although I have not moved 2' from where I was. If someone is with me, I'll tell them to remind me where I left something.

12. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Ha ha cleaned the cobwebs out of it!

Lil32, hotrodjack33 and loudbang like this.
  13. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

am i the only one thats has changed the oil only to see i never installed the plug ?

14. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

You should see the other guy!

Lil32, hotrodjack33 and loudbang like this.
  15. 55blacktie

55blacktie

On the other hand, how do you know you forgot something, if you can't remember?

Lil32 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  16. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I officially joined the CSS club yesterday! My friend came over so I could weld a stand for a hand operated winch on his trailer. After that was done , he said well just weld the winch on too….easier! So I did….I didn’t see the little spring sticking through the frame of the winch. So.. I weld right over it…now the little lock thingy doesn’t work! …..Redrill the hole…bend the spring…stiff little bugger! An hour later , I have the hand winch working again! Oh…. I’m also a member of CSR and CRAFT! :D

Bones

17. 55blacktie

55blacktie

Selective memory is a lot like selective hearing; it's often a matter of convenience. The same applies when pretending to fail to comprehend a language.

Lil32 likes this.
  18. SS327

SS327

Ok, top this. On my own car a 63 bel-air that was my daily, I needed to replace the ignition switch. I figured while I was at it I would replace the ignition lock since I had a new one. I get all done and now the damned thing won’t start at all now no dash lights nothing. In the interest of full disclosure, I will admit I had my dog Jack Daniels and my liquid buddy Jack Daniels helping me. Well the battery was a few years old when I got it and it was a few years later so I ran out and got another one with a ride from a buddy. Put it in still nothing. My meters and my test light even were all at work. I could not get a ride to get there though. So I decide we’ll I might as well put a starter in it. I tear out the starter from my drag car and swap it over still nothing. Screw it I’m going to bed. Around 2:00 am I pop up out of bed I forgot to plug back in the ignition switch! I get dressed go out and sure enough plug in the damned thing. I reach in my pocket for the new key and it’s not there. Shit! Look all over the garage for the next 4 hours, nothing. Finally I check my dirty pants from yesterday, yup! In my pocket! Go out to the car, put the key in the ignition and turn it. Idiot lights came on. Turn the key some more fires right up! I went out and bought a test light to keep at home.

rbrewer, loudbang, bobss396 and 3 others like this.
  19. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

Not a scratch on him. :)

Boneyard51 likes this.
  20. Very common to find keys, tools, parts and money in those greasy pants laying in the hamper. Or just put on a hooded sweat shirt for a few minutes on a cold morning, rinse, repeat. Whatever is lost will be in that front pocket.

Lil32 and Boneyard51 like this.
  21. jerry rigged

jerry rigged

Preacher asked me if I believe in the hereafter. Hell yes! Every time I go from one room to another I have to stop and ask myself "What am I hereafter?"

22. Around here , it's called short term memory loss, on a long term basis.
    (Ha!, had to edit this to get it right)

Boneyard51 likes this.
  23. 42˚18'N 83˚09'W

42˚18'N 83˚09'W

Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most...

loudbang, Lil32, 03GMCSonoma and 3 others like this.
  24. I have a good memory but I also suffer from the "Kelly Bundy Syndrome": the new shit I learn pushes the old shit out of my brain! So basically, the only stuff left is the unimportant, trivial shit! But all is good.
    Now, where did I put my glasses?

Boneyard51 and Budget36 like this.
  25. Remember what that one guy said, you uh.... ah shit, how was it he said it.... what was his name? Oh come on, you know who I'm talking about, older fella, wife was that gray hair lady..... damnit

26. loudbang

loudbang

Have I posted in this thread yet? :rolleyes:

27. wicarnut

wicarnut

Reading this thread makes me smile as all us seniors have to laugh at ourselves IMO. When CRS started it made me grumpy, got over that, now I just smile, laugh at myself, call myself a idiot and go on to the next adventure, everything seems to be an adventure, still get some things done, takes me forever now BUT it could be much worse, sneaking up on craft slowly I believe as I turn 74 this winter, it's funny and kinda sad as now my wife also has CRS also but is not laughing about it yet, so it can be interesting at times to say the least. Like Sargent Schultz, "I know nothing" love my wife dearly 40+ years now and I don't have to know anything as she knows everything. LOL

28. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

At least you didn't buy it, bring it home and then remember you don't have a cat;)

29. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Our know it all teenagers have grown up and moved on so it's good we have our wives to tell us what we need to know since they do indeed know everything. :cool:

X-cpe, Lil32, 427 sleeper and 2 others like this.
  30. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Or the filter !

Lil32 and Boneyard51 like this.