Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hello, I need help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Morningmist, Oct 17, 2021.

1. catdad49

catdad49

Anyone but me worried about Lloyd and His Lady?! lloyd.jpg

2. clem

clem

profile says 26 year old male……

3. upspirate

upspirate

This was after the accident she was in

4. hipojoe

hipojoe

The opening statement says it all. Im not much of a car guy- GAL possibly. Want to know whats going on here? Divorce, lawsuit, doesnt mention inheritance! Appears to be written by a younger woman does any guy even if a non car person ask automotive questions like that. The car and its engine choice says younger guy to me, The OLDER guys would choose a V8 flattie or a HEMI or a big block. Maybe HE- SHE will return and fill in some of the blanks...

5. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Perhaps He identifies as a She...
    Not that there's Anything wrong with that..

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  6. Morningmist

Morningmist

wraymen and catdad49 like this.
  7. Morningmist

Morningmist

Thank you everyone that gave solid feedback. This was inherited from my late father, I know none of you and don't like sharing too much with strangers. No offence, I'm sure most of you are good people.

8. Morningmist

Morningmist

I'm, also, a man

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Rite-On...
    This place isn't like other "site's"...
    After you've been here a minute an ask questions an interact for a period of time You become part of the"group"..
    We get 2-3 new people a month average I would say that Use the place as a Take what I can get...
    Never hear from them again..
    You have already been back, Test #1 passed!
    I would Seriously recommend you stick Around, Your late Dad would Approve!!
    There's not a better site for someone in Your position to get solid info to get that coupe Rip'n again.. Welcome

10. Squablow

Squablow

Since you're not a car guy, I'm not sure where to start since I don't know your base level of knowledge. I assume the car has a title? That's a big deal, does the title say 1930 Ford coupe? Also there should be a number on the title that corresponds to a number somewhere on the car. The frame under this car is from a 1932 Ford, or it's a replica of a 1932 Ford frame, so the number may very well not be on that frame anywhere. That's an important thing to look for.

Whether you keep it or you sell it, it's worth a lot less in it's current state which is un-driveable. You may consider finding a shop that you trust to work over the car so that it is roadworthy again. This may take very little time and relatively little money, or it may take quite a bit, depending on condition. Hopefully you have at least a little money to invest in it, whether as a return on investment when you sell or just to be able to enjoy it a little.

You will have to decide how far you're willing to go, we don't know if it was driving a couple years ago and just needs basics or if the motor blew up and it's going to need a total rebuild. If you are planning to resell it, there is a point where you are better off to sell it as-is, but we don't know that yet.

If you're just looking for a price for insurance purposes, or a price to determine how assets are divided among other people getting some inheritance, or resale prices, that can actually be a pretty wide range. People here are generally happy to help with the first two situations, but can be pretty grumpy about helping people resell/dump stuff since that's kind of the antithesis of what this board is about.

We're going to need more info from you before we can provide better info.

11. Squablow

Squablow

This is definitely true, it can get tiring answering questions for people who never respond and were just here for free answers, so it's good you're back.

Also, pick a picture (any picture, the one you posted is fine) and fill in your location in your profile, even if you don't want to make it too specific (northern Wisconsin or southern Illinois or whatever) as many are distrustful of the lack of details in a profile. We all share at least that much and we don't have problems with it.

Then we can get down to business.

12. 5window

5window

We're all here for the cars. Gender, race, religion, or relationship preference only matter to the small fraction you don't want to know anyway and the moderators work hard to keep us car focused. Welcome to the HAMB. The very first thing to do, before you sink a dime into the car, is to get a clear title in your name. We don't see a lot of blown V-6s-that's a lot of work for missing two cylinders. :). Getting it running is the next step even if you are parting ways with it. Don't be in a rush to to sell it, unless you must. Spend some time here and on Hemming's Motor News and some other hot rod sites, maybe, and learn what you have. Keep posting.

13. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Condolences for your Dad's passing young man. Good luck on which ever way you go with the car.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  14. hipojoe

hipojoe

Condolences on the passing of your Dad, There was no ill intent on your first statement of who you are or what your intentions are. As stated here, there are those that come on here and ask for some help but give us crumbs to figure things out. The passing of a loved one can be complicated sometimes. Get all of the trust or will issues figured out before moving forward ,if you dont and lets say you sell it but that was not your Dads wishes or a siblings wishes things can get ugly fast. Best of luck in this sad time .

15. catdad49

catdad49

Understand about sharing info, treat it like a first date. You can do a member search (top of the page) by state. Then look at some of the member's threads to see if you would like to contact them. Then you can use the private message system so that all the info shared is one on one. Just a thought, Carp.

16. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Ya know, I was gonna let this go by.....but it's not in my DNA. You insinuate three times this guy's a chic - "GAL possibly", "Appears to be written by a younger woman", "Maybe HE- SHE will return" and in your second post "There was no ill intent".....rrrrright. Before you start throwing that shit out, I would suggest you check the "Profile" page which in this case, shows a 26 year old male. Speaking of Profile pages, yours shows no car listed and you've been a member here for less than 3 months.....and you're stating, in your second post, "there are those that come on here and ask for some help but give us crumbs to figure things out". WTF?? You've seen a lot of that in your almost 3 months here have you? He gave pics with description - to start with. Give me a break.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  17. Ok, since you're back, and not just selling wolf cookies, I'll retract my offer. Here's what I'd do in your shoes. Since you're not a car guy, find out if any of your friends you trust are. Then ask them to show/tell/ you what to do. If they're a trusted friend, and a 'car guy' you'll get the best help you could ask for. The plus side is you can look them right in the eye, and 'hands on' won't have a keyboard involved. Good luck, and future success.

18. choptop40

choptop40

bunch of A hole responses,,,,,,are we becoming bitter old men...

1971BB427, wraymen, egads and 6 others like this.
  19. ^^^^^^^^^
    Becoming? You been away?o_O

Beanscoot, PhilA, wraymen and 6 others like this.
  20. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Said no one on the HAMB ever! Rookie

Hotrodmyk, wraymen, Just Gary and 2 others like this.
  21. My condolences on the loss of your Father. Been there, done that, and it's not easy to go through.
    By the looks of the car, and selection of parts, I'd say your Dad didn't build this in a vacuum, he probably had input from other 'car guys': friends, club members, etc. Do you live in the same general vicinity that your Dad lived? Do you know his car buddies? If so, or you can track them down, they can probably help identify what he built, and why he built it that way. They could have some valuable input as to what it is is, deep in its 'bones'. That input may help you figure out what you want to do with it.
    Also, in talking to those guys (if you can locate them), be wary of someone who may immediately try to buy it from you... Most of the car guys I know are straight shooters, but there are a lot of guys out there (and some on here) that would take advantage of your lack of knowledge in a heart beat. Don't jump at offers unless it means absolutely nothing to you.
    After you've gained some insight as to what the car details, your Dad's intent, etc., let us know what you've learned and we can offer more advice/input.
    Good luck!
    Also, don't get offended by some of the responses you may get here... there are jerks in every crowd, you just have to learn to pick the flyshit out of the pepper.

22. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey @Morningmist
    Check the in box on your on your thread page, I sent you a PM with some helpful information.
    Good luck with your car and its future !
    From Dennis.

23. twenty8

twenty8

Yep. Standing right beside you @Joe Blow .........

And I agree with @'28phonebooth , talk to people in your Dad's circle of friends. If they were close to him, they will be more than happy to help you out.

24. GET OFF MY LAWN! :D

Lil32, williebill, jim snow and 6 others like this.
  25. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Appreciate that.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  26. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

To the OP.....this is a great offer.

lothiandon1940 and twenty8 like this.
  27. ................Some ridiculous assumptions right there. Not every OLDER guy can afford a V8 Flathead, HEMI or BB. For the record, there have been a lot of very fast Buick V6 engines over the years, some even driven by OLDER guys.:rolleyes:

Lil32, bchrismer, i.rant and 8 others like this.
  28. 5window

5window

True, but who are you calling old!!

catdad49, Joe Blow and lothiandon1940 like this.
  29. ...........Sadly, myself.:(

30. adam401

adam401

Alot of car guys have car buddies they pal around with. These guys usually know alot about each others cars. It would fill in some blanks on the car for you to talk to your Dads buddies if possible.

The little bit of oil in the pan under the engine is probably not a big concern. Alot of old cars drip a bit when they sit. Its important however to make sure that engine has the proper amount and type of oil in it before you start it though. Old cars are forgiving, but low oil isnt one of the things you overlook, you could ruin the engine.

Get it unwrapped and inside. Its a cool car. 1930 or 31 Model A coupe body on a 1932 frame. You may enjoy driving the car a bit.