Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Thinking about this 1932 pickup

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Enviro-1, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

As high as those seats are mounted in there you would have to be 4 feet tall to drive it!

Enviro-1 likes this.
  2. Enviro-1

Enviro-1
    from Tampa Bay

No its not burning a hole in my pocket and They didnt buy the truck at all, they work on consignment, but that is beside the point. I get what you are saying and thats why I asked about this truck before going to look at it. I'm in no hurry, I really didnt know anything about the supercharger and since the sales guy has no clue, I thought maybe someone on here may have seen this truck and know a little somthing about it. Everybody always seems so helpful on this forum, I thought I would ask. Plus I already said Im goint to keep looking. Thanks for all the feedback.

VANDENPLAS and Squablow like this.
  3. Roger Loupias

Roger Loupias

Bring him 21K in a bank bag, all large.

Enviro-1 likes this.
  4. low down A

low down A

a traditional site that runs down flat head fords{WTF}

Petejoe, 40ragtopdown, joel and 6 others like this.
  5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I don't think it was the fact that it has a flatty as much as the fact that it has a flatty AND IFS and IRS

6. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Don't take what I'm saying as running down Flatties.
    I answered from a market perspective.

If anyone has money to spend - it's your money to spend as you wish.

VANDENPLAS, Hamtown Al and Moriarity like this.
  7. dart4forte

dart4forte
    from Mesa, AZ

You couldn’t have that built for 40k

anthony myrick likes this.
  8. 296DAE01-8C0D-4749-B618-6D23AF25A07B.jpeg
    I’d pay less for a 350.
    People actually pay more for a hot rod with one?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    clem, stanlow69, unforgiven and 5 others like this.
  9. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

Bottom line is, take your time, shop around, and you will find a better buy than that truck.

Roger Loupias likes this.
  10. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

???o_O what's with all the raggin' on flatheads? ain't this the hamb? when is someone going to chime in with "put a 5 spd. in it" seems requisite here nowadays...what happened to the last bastion of hot rodding? Paying attention to the gougers?:confused: Don't give them the time of day! they can keep their junk until their wife calls the scrapper to come pick it up! I used to appreciate it when dudes would get kicked off of here for posting their centrelines etc. old HAMB had balls...one more 350 5spd. comment and i'll kick myself off here

11. Not really raggin' on flatheads. If you want to spend 4 times the money for a quarter of the horsepower of a SBC that's your choice. However, history has shown that the SBC or any OHV engine seemed to be the go to choice of hotrodders seeking to improve the performance of their rides. Flatheads nowdays seem more like a fashion statement. As in, "Hey it's got a flathead, it's gotta be traditional. So, can I play now?"

Hollywood-East, Chicster and redo32 like this.
  12. like a 350 that wasn't around until the late 60s
    the "now can I play traditional cause I dressed it up to resemble a vintage engine" kicks in

but just playing Devils advocate. These lines get blurred on probably 90% of the stuff poster here
    the goofy blower set up and modern suspension turns me off more than the price.

Roger Loupias and low down A like this.
  13. JimSibley

JimSibley

This thread baffles me. That truck looks pretty nice to me. There is no way you could pay to have it built for 40 grand, it has a flathead in it and its a 32 ford! 39000$ is not a lot of money in the car game, shoot people are asking 25000$ for fiberglass t buckets, and getting it. I nice daily driver 1970 camaro can bring 30000$. Why are we trying to lower the value of a vintage style , real steel hot rod because it has the motor that we all have built our hobby around?

14. the supercharger looks like the eaton unit you find on Buick. Toyota and a couple other applications found in your local pick-a-part. low boost units that can be bought cheap.
    Its definitely in the "build what you find at the junkyard" mentality for early hotrod builders but from the wrong era.
    In my worthless opinion its doesnt add much value other than bragging rights or impressing 99% of your average car show attendees.

however, its still a small supercharger on a flathead. I might look for one of those cheap guys for an off topic im building I aint ashamed

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  15. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

IRS and a flathead is a lot like making it to 3rd base with your sister

16. Squablow

Squablow

I agree. I do like it less now that I know about the suspension underneath it (it's an odd pairing) but still. I don't agree with the flathead being less desirable (if you offered that engine in that truck for sale by itself for $6K I bet it'd be gone in a week, and I can buy running 350 Chevy engines for $500 around here still) and I think some of the guys around here think it's still 2011 with their pricing.

Looks like this truck is not "the one" for the OP and maybe $39K is a little high/dealer priced but guys throwing up their hands and saying this truck should sell in the teens and that nobody would pay a premium for a flathead anymore, I don't understand it.

17. Blue Moon Garage

Blue Moon Garage

Go look at it, costs nothing. Don't let all the blowhards here decide for you.

18. Now that you mention it...:eek:

19. XXL__

XXL__

That thing pulls up and 37 people with big shoes and red foam noses climb out to a tune containing a trombone.

20. I wonder if the seats go up and down as you drive along?

21. SPEC

SPEC

It appears to be a 33 they have longer steel only running boards, 32's have rubber coated running boards.

anthony myrick likes this.
  22. It’s a 327 and a m2
    Might can get a better look at the back of the cab.
    5870F3D6-8F24-4FFC-AA2E-556F4CE0CEF6.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    kidcampbell71 and Enviro-1 like this.
  23. I was envisioning the ones between the horses that just sat there.:D

24. Wow, the original truck posted has an identity crisis. Its trying to be a street rod, but the builder lacked imagination. The gauges don't match. Too many diamond plate accents. Lots of China pop parts. If this truck was refined a little and repainted, barring any mechanical hackery, it could be a cool street rod. But it would take 10k+ to make it right. And it appears the body was rusty once and poorly repaired and packed prior to a backyard paint job. Walk away, it's only worth the parts and title. The last truck posted by Anthony looks good without knowing any specifics. It's a much cleaner hot rod. A 327 is cool, just a different flavor. Not all hot rods need a flathead. Lots of mills to choose from. Just depends on the era your shooting for. My advise, don't over pay for someone else's mistakes. Save your money and find a well built truck that needs minor details to make it your own. Any 32 Ford with a flathead v8 will be pricey, so find one that's worth the coin or start building your own.

25. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Hell, I would happily sell this one for around half that, with a '41 flathead- and the dump bed works lol

32 2.jpg

26. You probably won't find a 32 running and driving with decent paint for 20K. Even so, the original truck posted is in need of a second restoration. IMO, it's a parts truck. Just because someone hacked together a vehicle with mismatched parts doesn't mean it's worth anything. In my past career, I was involved in fixing many cars bought from these consignment dealers. Lots of flippers use them. Cheap parts and crude work. Better to stay away from the car lots.