Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Thinking about this 1932 pickup

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Enviro-1, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Enviro-1

Enviro-1
    from Tampa Bay

Going to see this 32 tomorrow. They are telling me the paint is like a 6 out of 10. I love the stance and the overall looks of it but its at a dealership and they have no knowledge of the build other than the basics. Thought somebody may recognize it and lend some knowledge. Kinda pricey at 39k with no AC and a bad paint job in my opinion, but it sure is pretty in pictures. It's got an odd looking supercharger to me with an offset carb? Looks to have a Heidts front, IRS 9" rear. 9128F097-768B-4C65-8F13-6373EBC53DC6.jpeg 03D4F99C-1B37-4C3A-8BB5-97409F0F41B0.jpeg 0F48FC33-54F2-4F46-ABCF-EDE0393792C8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2021
  2. 39k No frickin way

Cosmo49, XXL__, kidcampbell71 and 4 others like this.
  3. MojoRacing

MojoRacing

That kind of looks like an Eaton M90 supercharger on it. Nice truck but can't see 39k for it.

4. Great stance.
    I like it. Not 39k though.
    The modern super charger and other components kinda mess up the trad vibe the truck gives off.
    The body work reflection in that door looks sketchy.

Cosmo49 likes this.

5. Maybe 29k, if it had anything other than the flathead. But since it does, 19k tops.

6. ERguitar

ERguitar

There's been plenty of posts/mockups regarding using one of those m90 superchargers but as far as I know that is the first functioning (I'm assuming) one I've seen.
    Beyond that, it's got a nice vibe but 39k I don't think so.

7. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

39K are you freekin' serious ?
    If you want to give them 24,000 dollars profit call me.
    I'm serious. They gave 15-18 K tops for that truck. IF THAT.
    Don't be foolish.

PLUS if you are over 6 foot - you won't fit or be comfortable.
    The pedals - especially the gas pedal will not be a comfortable angle to your foot.

If you want a old truck(s) - I have some very presentable cool mid 50's Ford F100's if you are interested and will save you a LOT of money.

PM Me if you want.

Cob

8. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know this is nothing like the one you are looking at , but 18k on the ford barn .

F0845F56-489E-4E47-9CAD-CA70B15FD7AF.jpeg

9. Very cool truck
    But not 40 grand cool

maybe 1/2 that.

don’t be a ….
    FD73235B-7436-434B-A66E-3A9B4040252E.jpeg

Roger Loupias and Wanderlust like this.
  10. Enviro-1

Enviro-1
    from Tampa Bay

Yeah I felt it was too much too, although just about every other modified and nice 30 to 35 trucks seem to be priced in this area. I like the supercharger idea, that one just looks weird to me. I'm sick of seeing SBC builds but I certainly understand the draw to them, i just want something different I've always been interested in flatheads.

anthony myrick likes this.
  11. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

12. 6sally6

6sally6

2.32 mining nose gold!.jpg

DON'T even think about paying that much!!
    6sally6

Kiwi 4d, Roger Loupias and VANDENPLAS like this.
  13. Enviro-1

Enviro-1
    from Tampa Bay

14. Enviro-1

Enviro-1
    from Tampa Bay

Hopefully someone will recognize the build , although I've searched and couldn't find any references to this truck in here.

15. Squablow

Squablow

If the paint really is that weak I guess the price is high but I'm not nearly as shocked by that number as some of you seem to be. You guys really think you're going to buy a roadworthy supercharged flathead powered '32 Ford truck for $20K or even less? Even with mediocre paint? What would you guys expect something like this to be priced at?

anthony myrick and ottoman like this.
  16. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

In answer to your question yes, and 20K is plenty enough.
    The market for flatheads is so minimal, it's worth less with it.
    Put a SBC or SBF in it and maybe 22-23-25K tops.

Just because it's a 32 doesn't make it worth more especially a pick up WITH a flathead.

Dealer price.....WAY too high.

IMHO

17. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

the IFS and IRS instantly makes it off topic for this place not to mention the fact that they want DOUBLE what it is worth.

18. williebill

williebill

Whenever I see threads like this, I expect to see a lot of different opinions about what something's worth. Interesting how almost every poster agrees that it's way overpriced. And like Mark said, the IRS and IFS ? With a flathead? That's such a contradiction in eras and styles, I can't believe anybody is going to buy it. The underhood shots look like shit, IMHO.
    Run away, keep looking.

19. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

classic case of era mixing... a giant no no......

olscrounger and lothiandon1940 like this.
  20. Enviro-1

Enviro-1
    from Tampa Bay

Thanks, I completely agree, flathead and irs/ifs do not go. Well thanks for the replies and feedback. Think ill keep looking.

21. Someone will buy the truck.
    But if your into traditional rides, this ain’t it.
    The sloppy under hood work would make me question the rest of it.

22. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  23. Enviro-1

Enviro-1
    from Tampa Bay

VANDENPLAS and nochop like this.
  24. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wise old grandma always said a fool and his money are soon parted. Weird build , wiggly front end ,wiggly rear , flathead , huh , flathead yes , but what the heck with the monkey motion junk, even the flathead looks confused. All adds up to ,well less than half the dreaming price, maybe it cost that to build. So the builder looses.

Moriarity likes this.
  25. A street rodder being 'old school.' (i.e. he used a flathead)

warhorseracing and Moriarity like this.
  26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm with the others in that 25/30 is the high number range on that truck.
    It looks like a hell of a nice driver that you can hit cars and coffee and cruise nights and the major events within driving range and may a few further but it looks like it was never finished. the seats almost look like OEM donor seats that have never been redone and do the door panels and kick panels even have a minimal covering on them?
    No one would turn their nose up at at Next July's Northwest Deuce days though.

27. XXL__

XXL__

28. Enviro-1

Enviro-1
    from Tampa Bay

I agree that's absolutely gorgeous but I need to be in the 40k range or below. I would much rather find something with a build history like this one, the sales dude at that dealer didn't know a thing about the 39k one.

29. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Nothing like 40K burning a hole in your pocket.
    What's the hurry ?
    Why don't you just take your time and find one to buy from a owner who built it to
    know all there is to know about it.

Of course the sales dude at the dealer didn't know.
    They only know we bought it for 18K and were going to double the asking price.

VANDENPLAS, XXL__ and Kiwi 4d like this.
  30. Budget36

Budget36

From the dealer (who sales at retail) im thinking it has an aftermarket chassis because of the suspension. 10-12k there? Then a blown engine (forget about the lack of detail) (I missed the transmission) but add 5-8k there. Then the truck sheet metal another 5k? Then the oh so nice upgrades interior and gauges, etc…dealer is probably thinking another 5k

Add n the tires and wheels, maybe thinking a few K there too.

Add in the factor that many have a few bucks and a Kmart tool kit to put it all together;)

Then the place is gonna add a few (25%?) on top of it for “wiggle room” and still make a healthy profit.

Would I buy it if I were looking for a ‘32 PU, no. But if I wanted. StreetRod, had money and didn’t have the resources to build that truck, I’d probably be looking hard at it.

So disregard the HAMB for a second and look for “streetroddersRus” website, the price might suit them;)

Enviro-1 likes this.