Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects A little help from the AU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ManualOldsOnly, Oct 7, 2021.

1. ManualOldsOnly

ManualOldsOnly

Hello I am wondering if there are any of you on here might have good places to check in Australia for Oldsmobile truck parts? junkyards, sellers, etc. the good news is most of the truck is the same as our GMCs and Chevs but I'm looking for the Oldsmobile specific parts like badges and Grille for example. I'm having a hard time here in the states of find places overseas that might help, so wondering if anyone on here might have some info.

Also I know they had these trucks in other parts of the world so it doesn't have to just be Australia I just know the they tend to be more common there.

Thanks in advance

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Oldsmobile made trucks?

Tman likes this.
  3. rpu28

rpu28
    from Austin

The Olds truck is the duck-billed platypus of Australian vehicles.

kidcampbell71 and ManualOldsOnly like this.
  4. ManualOldsOnly

ManualOldsOnly

yeah they made a number of them over the years, but the ones in Australia were made by holden technically

5. moparboy440

moparboy440
    from Finland

[​IMG]

Max Gearhead and ManualOldsOnly like this.
  6. ManualOldsOnly

ManualOldsOnly

Oh is that a British ad?

7. Ransom E Olds, created the REO speedwagon, was an early truck

8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

What’s the AU ?
    I’ve heard of the EU but ?

9. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Australian Universe?
    Australian Union?
    :D .
    Marcus...

10. Australia had Pounds, Shillings and Pence until Feb 1966. Almost forgot the Guineas. Pound was 20 shillings but Guinea was 22 Shillings o_O. So selling was allways priced in Guinea :rolleyes:, that way you earned an extra two Shilling on every Pound :D. Above Ad even mentions Queensland. BTW, the name given to the old currency was LSD :confused:.

ManualOldsOnly likes this.
  11. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

You guys are killing me!!!
    When we were there 15 years ago,,,, metal everywhere,,, but now mostly gone to crushers.
    So its a good luck and find many a friends!

12. goldmountain

goldmountain

The Beverley Hillbilly truck was an Oldsmobile.

Just Gary and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  13. cfmvw

cfmvw

There is a recent thread on the Hamb of an Olds pickup build; my connection is pretty sparse at the moment, but if you do a quick search you should be able to find it.

14. twenty8

twenty8

These may help....
    http://www.oldsmobileclub.org.au/
    http://www.oldsmobileinaustralia.info/trukhist.html

PM me with what you are chasing and I can do an internet search down here "in the AU"........(hey @Blue One , an atlas might be a good way to broaden horizons...:D:D:D). Be aware that Oldsmobile trucks will be thin on the ground down here.

15. You could try Antique auto spares in Adelaide, John , 0455913084. In 50 years fooling around with old junk I've only ever seen one Olds truck here. Where abouts are you?

16. ManualOldsOnly

ManualOldsOnly

Yeah I followed that olds truck build thread pretty good stuff.

Also tried both of those sites the one has excellent info and I reached out to the Olds club down there and they never contacted me back.

I've done tons and tons of research on these trucks they even made a COE if I could get parts one of those I'd probably just combust from excitement LOL . But I'm around Nashville TN so parts are very difficult to find

17. No.
    And BTW, that dealership is still in operation.

18. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

We draged one home years ago it had a die-cast drill think it was a 36

19. Call Flynn's wrecking yard in Cooma, New South Wales, Australia.
    +61 02 6452 1866

The biggest wrecking yard in the Southern Hemisphere, he has around 4000 vehicles with quite few trucks and busses back to the 20's.
    Most of his vehicles are rooted from being dumped on their bellies in the dirt, but trim is a different story.
    I don't know where you are in the world so i'll let you work out the time zone difference.

20. ManualOldsOnly

ManualOldsOnly

I did that wrecking yard pop up but I have to figure out how to make an international call. I know IRS a stupid thing but I haven't had to do it before and cell carrier doesnt like it either so I have to call them and figure it out.

I found another site online as well called rat rod trucks in NSW, but they haven't returned any of my emails so guess that's a dead end.

Yes sorry about the ad I missed the part about the location I should have read more closely. Very very cool the dealer is still around!

21. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

You definitely don't see too many, if any, Olds trucks down here these days. I believe that GMH bodies were shared between a number of GM platforms; Bedford, Chevrolet, GMC et al. There were NO Buick pickup to my knowledge. I've packed my Holden book away and have no idea where it is for specifics. :D
    I thought that Flynn's had closed up shop years ago however I note that it does have a FB page with contact details.

twenty8 likes this.
  22. CadMad

CadMad

15A1D5A8-EC4A-438E-88FA-EA2342EA7C1C.jpeg I grew up 3 miles from that Eagers dealership. Right directly above it was Cloudland Ballroom. Built in the 1940s for US Army personnel who were stationed here.
    It had the largest suspended Dancefloor in the Southern Hemisphere. I grew up on the opposite hill in Windsor. This was the view out my bedroom window.
    One night in the late 80s it was bulldozed. The whole of Brisbane cried.

mgtstumpy likes this.
  23. My parents went to that place. I went to that place. Saw John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers there, Rory Gallagher etc. etc. Pissed off it got demolished, but that's a political tale we don't need to go into.

Just Gary likes this.
  24. "Now, Don't you worry about that"
    The Hillbilly Dictator

25. I don't know how to do all the Fakebook stuff, but I found this in there - "1937 Oldsmobile truck. 90% complete, missing grill. New brake pads, 90% rust free, doesn’t run $5,000 o.n.o. Phone only before 8pm no txts 0413995968 Wayne. " There were some photos in there too, but I don't know how to link? them.
    This is in Victoria, Australia.

26. Calter

Calter

Hi there, I have an european version of 1938 Olds truck ,so its not only Australian thing .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]