Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Insult or compliment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by banditomerc, Oct 7, 2021.

1. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I look so mean and ugly, people don't dare say anything, good or bad!
    June 4 2018 140.jpg

2. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Woah! I thought Charlie was dead! :)

3. Definitely not Norman Rockwell material for a magazine cover.

Truck64, Stogy, VANDENPLAS and 3 others like this.
  4. One of the ones that really made me laugh was when I sold my 50 fleetline as a roller.
    Jag IFS camaro rear on chassis engineering leafs snd a cross member for a t5.
    to look at the car it was stock but lowered , original interior all chrome and trim original wheels and caps etc. Just driveline and suspension updated.

guy calls me up to tell me I ruined the car and how dare I ruin such a nice car and what was I thinking blah blah blah …….. I told him he sounded real pretty and we should get supper one night. Maybe drive around in my truck in the country :D

other one that got strange was when I had my 53 Chrysler I had cragars on it at one point and a guy at a gas station went on and on how the car “ looks like shit “ cause I didn’t have 20” rimz on it :eek:

My 69 Lincoln and now the 40 merc I get a ton of compliments and questions about the rear “ suicide doors “

mostly I get good compliments snd thumbs up etc. Yes I get the “cute” “ neat” “ old buggy” hot rod , rat rod type compliments, if they are paying attention snd being positive I take it as all good :cool:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    Truck64, Stogy, williebill and 4 others like this.
  5. Budget36

Budget36

Just say “what would you have done”? Then as they start to tell you, walk away:)

williebill, Stogy and VANDENPLAS like this.
  6. Budget36

Budget36

Kisses, you remind my of me ex…

Stogy and VANDENPLAS like this.
  7. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

While stopped for gas with my Shoebox, " you wrecked a perfectly good car". I replied, "yes I did".

-Brent-, Budget36, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  8. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

And it could be yours for the bargain basement price of 100k and y'all can go ahead and make it right.

VANDENPLAS, Stogy and seb fontana like this.
  9. gene-koning

gene-koning

I must have done something wrong! Usually the first thing most people say to me is "What year is that?" and then they want to know "What kind of car is it?" Some try to guess, if they are wrong, I'll tell them "This one is a Plymouth, but a lot of the old race cars were pretty hard to identify." If I am a ways away from home, often they will ask "Did you drive it all the way here?" or "How far from home are you?"

Then I often hear "My (insert a relative or friend) raced one just like it!" I love the conversations and their stories. For most people, the car brings back good memories. That was the reason the car was built, to being back good memories.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of anything I drive or own, their opinion doesn't make much difference to me. Gene

Attached Files:

10. jerry rigged

jerry rigged

I'd say " You shoulda seen it before I f****d it up!!

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  11. How's about when someone in your family gets it wrong? My 1st ex-wife thought we could take my cute little dune buggy (Winged Sprint) to her firm's company picnic. In her defense, she'd only been to the shop once, because she hated the smell. But on the plus side, she was smart and had a body that gave calendars a reason to be printed. She also had some other redeeming qualities that kept me amused for the seven months we stayed together. Oh, and cooking wasn't one of them. Feel free to use your imaginations....

vtx1800 and Truck64 like this.
  12. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

How many ex-wives do you have??

13. twenty8

twenty8

I guess you weren't keeping her quite as amused....................or was it the smell???
    :confused::eek::rolleyes:

cretin likes this.
  14. Not really insults, but amusing:
    "I'm confused why you would put Ford logos on this car. I know for a fact it's a Chevy"
    "I use to have one just like it. What is it?"
    I get this one often....as some are winding themselves up to give me an earful, and usually start with something like: Why would anyone put a Chevy motor in a Ford?".............I love the relieved look when I explain it's not an LS, that it came out of an (OT)Lincoln.
    At the Run to the Inn of the Mountain Gods show last weekend, a Ford guy was asking about my drivetrain. I commented, IMHO, it just doesn't get any better if your building a car for cruising. He replied"doesn't get any better?" I've got a 63 with a dual quad cammer. It'll run circles around this thing." Two cars with different purposes I replied. Is it here, I'd like to see it. He replied, "No, I was gonna bring it, but I had an issue with my trailer." Nuf said.

vtx1800, Stan Back, X38 and 3 others like this.
  15. .
    Maybe both. After all, I did say she was smart...:cool:

twenty8 likes this.