Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ***Finally Got a real Hotrod! The "666" Coupe!***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, May 26, 2020.

1. Gonna drive it to work tomorrow. Gonna be cold, but at least no rain! haha

Stogy, Thor1 and mad mikey like this.
  2. Well, got my new windsheild hinges yesterday. So i can now fix that issue. New motor mounts coming tomorrow, so that will fix the solid mount issue. I'll post some new pics when i get working on it.

chryslerfan55, Thor1, waxhead and 2 others like this.
  3. Well, installed the new motor mounts and urethane bushings. They are 1/4" taller. This put my fan into the top radiator hose, and pinched the throttle cable! URRG! Had to shorten the cable and trim the blades on my fan. All was going great, then the wind caught my hood and broke the two clips that hold the center in place!!! DAMN!!! Getting new ones today.

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Your track record calls for a middle name. Bad Luck Bob. ;)

dearjose, Stogy, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  5. Well, the car was built quite a while ago, so i'm having to update old items, due to wear. No worries....not like i'm selling it. It had actual hockey pucks, instead of rubber or urethane bushings. This caused alot of vibration. And the exhaust had solid welded hangers, which finally broke. That will be the next issue to fix.

6. Call me Shleprock

SS327, chryslerfan55, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

"Wowzy wowzy woo woo"

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  8. DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez
    from Houston

Hey Bob- how are your plexi windows fastened??

Great looking car, good luck w the updates!

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hows the Coupe coming @Bad Bob...Still fine tuning the details while driving it?

brady1929 likes this.
  10. I made the pieces big enough to put some screws in the corners, that are hidden by the radiuses. Easily removed with a nut driver.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  11. It's been a nightmare lately. The quickchange kept breaking. 5 events, 5rides home on the flatbed. I bought a 9", and am setting it up now. Also bought a turbo 400, cause the Muncie is killing my bad knee. I'd like to keep it a stick, but it's just too hard. It was built to race, not drive daily or for any distance. It will still look the same, sound the same, and haul ass, but easier to drive anywhere, anytime. I love the car. Kinda nice NOT having something so nice, you have to babysit it. I'm updating the stuff that makes it safe and cleans it up. Ala: door panels, gas tank, dual mastercylinder, working gauges.

12. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Most likely it will be quicker too...

Stogy, Thor1 and loudbang like this.
  13. THE NEW REAR HAS 3.55 GEARS. IT HAD 2.90s BEFORE.

14. WE NEED PICATCHEAURZ

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  15. I'LL TRY TO GET A PHOTO TODAY.

chryslerfan55, Stogy and Tman like this.
  16. THE NEW REAR IS WIDER TOO. I HAD 16 X 7 WHEELS MADE WITH 2-1/2" BS, TO PULL THE TIRES AWAY FROM THE BODY. NOW, I HAVE TO GET SOME THAT ARE 16 X 7 WITH 4 OR 4-1/2 BS. WON'T KNOW TIL I GET IT INSTALLED AND MEASURE.

chryslerfan55, Stogy and Thor1 like this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow it's going to be quite a transition...and yes I totally understand the reasons behind them...hope she's not out of commission to long...

brady1929 likes this.
  18. A Boner

A Boner

Yes, pictures every now and then would liven up all the blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!

Blues4U, Jalopy Joker and Stogy like this.
  19. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi Bob been checking in on this thread a few since your initial post, great to see you continually improving the car.

In addition to your 9" install, by chance do you have any pics and or details of the how the front end is set up?

Cheers
    Pete

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    chryslerfan55, Stogy and Thor1 like this.
  20. I'LL TAKE SOME PIC'S WHEN i GET HOME...IF I CAN REMEMBER, LOL.

chryslerfan55, panhead_pete and Stogy like this.
  21. It's set up pretty standard, nothing fancy. Doesn't even have a dropped axle.

Thor1, panhead_pete and Stogy like this.
  22. Well....I haven't done anything to it in a while.

23. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cheers, I have a undropped 36 Axle from Joes that I want to fit to this if I was to go highboy with it, which currently has a non HAMB friendly front end.

91813273_2902870399735967_1589795136890470400_n.jpg

24. Mine really isn't lowered. It's channeled alot!!! Like 6". I would put a dropped axle, if I decide to have a Track T nose made. Still on the fence with that.

Thor1 likes this.
  25. FINALLY!!!! Get to go pick up my ACEScc jacket today. Now, just have to polish my plaque and install it on the Coupe. WOO HOO!!!

mad mikey and Thor1 like this.
  26. Picked up the new rear end last week, from the welder. It's all ready to go in, except the panhard bar. I'll be working on it all next weekend. Gonna pick up a few parts on friday. YES...i'll post pics.
    FYI...if anybody is interested, I have the other rear i picked up, for sale. It's out of a mid 80's Bronco, 355 gears, large brakes, Old Ford 5 on 5-1/2 BP. All the mounts are removed. $500, local pickup! I have all the dimensions if wanted.

Thor1 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  27. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Confucius say okey dokey Joe.
    [​IMG]

mad mikey and chryslerfan55 like this.
  28. Just ordered my mounting bolts for the coilovers today. Getting my new wheel studs tomorrow. Picking up my coilovers on Friday. Getting the Panhard bar this week from SoCal. Kev Elliot is gonna help me with my brake lines. Need to get the special u-joint and D-bolts from OC Driveline this week. Then I should be all ready to install next weekend!!! WOO HOO!!!
    Stay tuned.....

mad mikey, Thor1 and The37Kid like this.
  29. 666 COUPE.JPG

So......., here's a little update: 9" rear, coil-overs, new brakes, Panhard bar all installed in the rear. Found some smaller headlights for the front. Cut the plexi for the drivers window, and tinted red(not shown in photo). Had to have new driveshaft made(old one was too long, front yoke was bad). Finally installed the correct windshield hinges, so it opens and closes right. Ditched the Holley and put on a new Edelbrock carb.

NEXT: new gas tank, Bomber seats, finish the aluminum panels in the inside, fabricate a push bar for the rear(for looks), better gauges, put roll bar back in.

swade41, coupe33, charleyw and 5 others like this.
  30. Now that is a HOT ROD! :) HRP

mad mikey likes this.