Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Tired of homogenized hotrods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by onekoolkat1950, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have shared it several times within this thread, perhaps with links, unfortunately I'm not Hamber Rooman that can name each page and date to a T...:oops:

OLSKOOL57, loudbang and brady1929 like this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A couple shares earlier that I found...Jim Pantall was the Owner and possibly the builder of this polished beauty...
    @A Boner...looky here...A Hamber shared it here some time ago...it was his...see the link below...by the way it was Riley equipped...;) I have also gleaned that Chris is a fairly new owner of this Hotrod...from what I'm seeing is Al Steven's may have built it for Jim Pantall.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/new-guy-from-scotland.1217507/

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    OLSKOOL57, brady1929 and hotrodfil like this.
  3. You sir, are correct.

Six Ball and Stogy like this.
  4. I agree. Over-restoration is not restoration. To change Grabowski's T for the sake of 'pretty' would have been a crime. However, I've seen some stick and Oxy welders lay down beads that would rival any tig welder. I've also seen guys that could handle a cutting torch that would put a plasma cutter to shame. I've also seen some examples of pre-war builds where the fit, finish and engineering were as close to perfect as the builder felt he could achieve with the tools he had at the time.

Dyce, hfh, Six Ball and 2 others like this.
  5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    OLSKOOL57, patmanta, hfh and 5 others like this.
  6. 97

That Model A has my name all over it!:cool:;)

Stogy and Six Ball like this.
  7. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

You have to stop going around and putting your name on other peoples cars. :rolleyes: I like it but kinda' wish it was a Ford six. That engine was way overlooked because of the then new V8 craze.

Stogy likes this.
  8. A Boner

A Boner

Wrong season...cool Hot Rod!
    D0F5FF27-77A0-4D92-A74C-867535067B8B.jpeg

OLLIN, Sancho, anthony myrick and 7 others like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Shared here before but indeed, it is very fitting within this thread and always worthy of a revisit...I wonder if it was a frame swap hidden by some sheet metal and belly panning...frameswaps certainly aren't reserved to 32 frames that's a given...I believe I asked if anyone knew anything about it at the time I shared it and I believe this is a one pic wonder...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

006-rose-1927-ford-model-t-roadster-pickup-front-three-quarter-street.jpg

010-rose-1927-ford-model-t-roadster-pickup-richardson-family-ranch.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mo...-rod-1927-model-t-ford-roadster-built-40s/amp

Quoted from article at link above...

" Owned by George Rose of the Whistlers car club, the early custom hot rod was considered the best-looking car in the county and was one of the fastest, as well. Built by LeRoy Farrar at the end of WWII " E.Q.

Hit and damaged in an accident this Hotrod ended up in a collection of a fella by the name of Bob Richardson that when drafted in the early to mid 50s the collection was dissolved...:oops:

At least there are pics clearly showing the diversity of vintage Hotrods...

This is not the 1st appearance here of this Packard Grilled beauty of the Yesteryear but like so many worthy of a revisit...

By the way it was said this had 47 Coats of paint applied back in its heyday...

How's that @dana barlow...;)

Credit to Photographer, Owner

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    OLLIN, Sancho, Hamtown Al and 7 others like this.
  11. here's the grille shell on ol 97...
    DSCN6388.JPG

12. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

There is a great story behind that badge, both then & now.

Stogy likes this.
  13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

EVL401, Sancho, patmanta and 7 others like this.
  16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1390537270.808851.jpg

:rolleyes:..."Hotrod for the Wife"...

This was it's 1st gen look of this Hotrod around 2010...

17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

936236-Andreas-Feininger-Men-driving-cars-during-an-unidentified-stock-car-race-US-1957.jpg

20210917_014807.jpg

https://snapshot-gallery.com/photographers/feininger-andreas/

Quoted...

"Andreas Feininger (Men driving cars during an unidentified stock car race) US 1957"

:rolleyes:...pretty epic shot this is...the work of Andreas Feininger...and these stockers look a lot like repurposed Hotrods...:oops:

What the heck are those big bars sticking in the air in front bump bars...I got it Illumination for night time racing or Advertising and promotion never went to these events...

On a more scrutinized look it's the same two Hotrods cloned and cloned and cloned...vintage photo manipulation I suppose...

The 34 looks like the mildly customized poncho powered Coupe that fella with the roundy round Coupe can't think of his handle...

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    Sancho, Jim Bouchard and Six Ball like this.
  19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

rdr1.jpg

A Hamber's Vintage Hotrod with a familiar face to many and I suspect transitioned to screamin' early 60s...

20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm surprised to see this...thought it was an A shell...that works just fine as well and it fits the Ole Jalopy theme in both period and finish...thanks for sharing the additional details Rusty...It looks like a fun Hotrod to drive...

21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

45219-1233369578-47843c51d7174a65b6b9c0012d0c4ee9.jpg

:rolleyes:...Hamber @Russco's Hybrid Hotrod/Custom Pickup

Awesome shot...

Sancho, Shadow Creek and Jim Bouchard like this.
  22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

DSC01945s.jpg

:rolleyes:...looks like a Banger powered smilemaker but not an average one by any means...

23. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

@Stogy looks like the car on that Marvel Mystery Oil video on youtube 1923 Race For The Future.

Stogy likes this.
  24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Joe, you're always a wealth of information and dot connection...

A video well worth sharing...I will watch it later but it again exemplifies the passion of vintage go fast...

Six Ball likes this.
  25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...I certainly know this image...has it been shared in this Thread...I would be really surprised if it hasn't...but thanks for sharing it as it is highly representative of the Theme...it certainly looks a street warrior with the power to deliver...I don't believe I've ever seen another shot of it or any literature...but we'll covet it as the Historical Gold that it is...

I snooped a bit and found this post/share by one of the Hambs Veterans @Harms Way and it seems he knew of these hoodlums The Inkster Boys in Michigan shared at the link below...Any more on this Hotrod Harms?

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1950s-period-correct-hot-rods.430894/#post-4718341

Jim Bouchard and Six Ball like this.
  26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sancho, Shadow Creek and Jim Bouchard like this.
  27. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

When I see these I always wonder what tools they had access to. This is about the time I got into this with my Uncle & older brother. By '59 I was building my '38 coupe and had a very limited set of tools. Lucky for me my dad was a mechanic and I often had some access to the shops where he worked and there was the metal shop at high school. One of my buddies had a set of torches. :eek: Now I have the tools but not the drive. :(:D

Stogy and anthony myrick like this.
  28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  29. Thanks man, really appreciate that! Oh yea I first saw a picture of the buddy hinman roadster when I was still in VA and I knew I wanted to pay tribute to that car but unfortunately my cars body was pretty much done and using my only Flathead in the roadster was a no so sbc it was but when I moved up to NH and finally got to see the hinman roadster and go for a ride in it I was in awe…was lucky enough to assist in the motor swap and get it back on the road not long ago.

brEad, Stogy, Six Ball and 1 other person like this.