Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 9/17/21 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Sep 16, 2021.

1. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

2. mark schanfeldt

mark schanfeldt

3. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. Lil32

Lil32

artist Hoon Auto Gear
    Car cartoons_0018.jpg

5. Lil32

Lil32

my wife has an entry today
    IMG_3974.JPG

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mopar-Tony 50_DodgeCoupeBF2.jpg

:rolleyes:...just an Inspiration of Hamber @Mopar Tony's project well underway and coming along...

Happy Friday All...

Credit to All that Inspired This

7. AaronThomasArt

AaronThomasArt
    from Oxford, MI

Good morning, guys! Here are a couple quick sketches I made last week. I gave this old Chevy 3100 a midcentury vibe with the element in the background.
    [​IMG]
    Same with this roadster and the midcentury house behind it.
    [​IMG]
    Both sketches done with Micron pens and Copic markers. The black background is Sharpie.

Have a great weekend!

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another Collaboration with @hotrodjack33's gracing us with the opportunity to utilize his Graphic Art from my mid teens...:eek:...Shit we're both Grayhairs Jack!!...I figure we're making a 70-85 mph midday 3 mile carbon clearing run...;)

It was an extremely rewarding step into the world of Art and Hotrod via the Hamb eh!...;)

Thank You...

S&J_easelv1.jpg

Here's a link to Last weeks Collaboration...

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/friday-art-show-9-10-21.1240948/page-2#post-14195986

Credit to All That Inspired This

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  9. Bob, I love your work. I don't have a clue how you do it but it's great stuff week after week.
    Later,
    Dick

10. I recall reading an article about Dave "Littleman" Lohr where he said he likes to build cars that scare people.
    This piece pays homage to that idea and to my memories of growing up and frequent visits to a local body shop where a few gear heads hung out. I loved seeing the blown hemi coupe that one of the guys that worked there had. And I remember the excitement and getting a bit scared whenever he would fire it up and sometimes run it up and down the street. So yeah, I dig cars that scare people and I thank God for guys like Dave.
    [​IMG]

11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...Electric pulses in the veins pushing the brushes from our fingers...Then we dip into the Paint...and Presto...well, something like that...:D...I'm thinking Pendine was the theme Maybe the one in France on the Normandy Beaches...I like it to...When theres Bias in it I'm in...I was Out today Hotrods Humming like A Snorting Pig...Perfect.

Caddy_Hurst_equippedSD.jpg

:rolleyes:...Bones is in the Calender...Halloween...:D...I saw Candy in the Store Man!!...:oops:

Have a Hearse-t Equipped Friday...;)

Crazy connection to Jack...I drew this as a teen when he a young man drawing at Street Rodder...I revisited 17...I had OT wheels and way to wide slicks...the exhaust could be early Vette or period Aftermarket 60s every thing else fits...My transition to Vintage 65 - was pretty easy on this one...SURFS UP!!!

Happy Friday Hambers...

12. guy1unico

guy1unico

Deuce Reunion This Weekend
    cvx4r56yhr.jpg

13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here We Go Friday Art Show...
    HH1t_VistaP.jpg
    :rolleyes:...The Hubba Hubba...the Year was 1946

@Runnin shine is at the Wheel...Bonneville is the Place

It is just after the War so there is Service to be Thanked in this Story/Build...and it has a direct influence on the Hotrod...Cool Hotrod...This is an Inspiration can't wait to see it rumble under it's Gas Class Symphony...It's Epic the 32/Four...healing thoughts Hamber...

Credit to All That Inspired This

14. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bravo @57 Corvette ~ Bob !
    This is one of the more interesting pieces of your work, that really is amazing in the detail, especially the very subtle little details. The T-Shirt with the Atomic hot rod and Ardun New York, the way there is a phantom radiator shell on the far left car, and the grill lines extend down into the wheel of the car in front of it, the subtle " WFO " in the raised cowl vent, the sticker on the shock absorber, etc, etc ! When I zoom in on my I Pad, there is so much detail that really doesn't make any real automotive sense, but it works brilliantly, and I mean that as a compliment ! It will be interesting to see, what other hidden details, that others identify in this composition !

Animal, sololobo, Lil32 and 5 others like this.
  15. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-9-17_4-16-46.png Normal with Halibrands

upload_2021-9-17_4-18-40.png Extended with Halibrands

Hello,

In shooting some photos of this cool Yellow Model A RPU with black fenders, it brought back memories of those midnight discussions my brother and I had 10 years after we had made an smooth transition away from drag racing. We both still liked hot rods, custom cars and trucks. But, our lives were on their own and we were doing our own things. His family was growing to 4 and our family was now three. So, we had stuff to take care of in our own areas.

When we were able to sit in a regular bodied Model A RPU, to us, it felt a little tight behind the steering wheel. Even if the seats went back as far as possible, it was still tight when both brothers were in our seats. The driving atmosphere of an open roadster pickup was there, but not for us. So, we had talked about extending the cab/seat area and shortening the truck bed. We only needed it for a motor, if we had to transport it to a customer, but mostly, it was going to be for running parts and warehouse pickups.
    upload_2021-9-17_4-22-12.png
    I showed my brother the photos I took of Nick Macaluso’s immaculate yellow/black
    Model A RPU. He liked the look and the build. But, asked if the driving position was comfortable. I told him sitting in the driver’s seat was tight. My wife had plenty of room, but she was not 6 feet tall or wide in the shoulders.
    upload_2021-9-17_4-22-31.png

Jnaki

So, here is an extended body drawing of the immaculate yellow body and black fenders, Model A pickup. But with some changes to be a little different. The main change was to convert all four wheels to custom Buick Skylark wire wheels.

Now, it was a cool hot rod, with custom car accessories and the look. A lowered Cal Rake was to complete the cruising road trip look. The top? It was left off because, it is So Cal sunshine, after all and it could satisfy my wife’s inkling towards a convertible for her choice of hot rods/cruisers.
    upload_2021-9-17_4-27-31.png
    Normal with rake + Buick Skylark Wire Wheels
    upload_2021-9-17_4-28-36.png
    Extended with rake + Buick Skylark Wire Wheels

The motor? Why nothing changes, a hot, powerful 301 SBC, race prepped for anything…
    Thanks, BHK, NM...

upload_2021-9-17_4-34-23.png

16. KerryMC

KerryMC

17. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

7E810999-0F9D-4B04-B56F-E8E910894104.jpeg 1E830F21-5719-45C9-8EFF-BA828E828C6E.jpeg One of my customers read the newspaper article about the sale of my building and brought by a painting he did of the shop.
    I will also include a pic of a board the HAMBs own Rusty1 did for me and my 3 year old granddaughters contribution to my workbench.

18. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

19. robber

robber

... "on the bright side"... :)
    cp 1082.JPG

..."south bound"... :cool:
    cp 1083.JPG

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  20. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

An old nos Corvair fender skirt I painted. Wife didn't like the green. So I repainted with some blue and purple. Then she was happy.....It pays to have your own art critic. Gary wolf-green.jpg wolf-blue.jpg wolf-blue-2.jpg

21. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Another great FAS, Thanks to all :D

rbrewer, Lil32, themoose and 3 others like this.
  22. X-cpe

X-cpe

Used to keep some of that "young artist" work in my office. Now the second generation stuff is in my shop. A look at it will help smooth out a rough day.

rbrewer, fauj, Lil32 and 4 others like this.
  23. sololobo

sololobo

rbrewer, Stogy and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  24. sololobo

sololobo

25. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Dick, I appreciate the kind words ............thank you.

I'm so happy that you like it ........it's painted more than my usual images and I also just like the feeling of it. Thanks for looking and the kind comments.

rbrewer, sololobo, fauj and 3 others like this.
  26. Thanks so much for the complement ...Much appreciated!!!
    Moose

rbrewer, fauj, Lil32 and 3 others like this.