Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Kalamazoo 2021

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40ragtopdown, Sep 9, 2021.

1. joep4567

joep4567

very good photos THANKS!

loudbang and 40ragtopdown like this.
  2. tim troutman

tim troutman

the wifes truck that we drove up 20210911_112703[1].jpg

3. millersgarage

millersgarage

4. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Great coverage Gary, sorry I missed you. :(Looks like you were close to my group a few times.

5. phat rat

phat rat

6. street rod lover

street rod lover
    from taylor,mi.

Great pics. Thank you for sharing.

7. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Dave where were you parked? This was the first year we didn't bring the 40. We were in the swap meet. I looked for you .

loudbang likes this.
  8. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

You can see my car and group through the windshield, we were a row away from the LaSalle convertible sedan. ;)

40ragtopdown and loudbang like this.
  9. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Looks like a great show and thanks for all those who shared pictures

10. wicarnut

wicarnut

Great Pictures, coverage, Thank You !

11. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you Gary for the great pictures and visiting our swap site. Enjoyed talking to you, and look forward to seeing you next year! :)

12. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

I'm a bit torn on Kalamazoo. I have complained about the event getting stale. I even emailed Tom Vogele about it (no reply). So I have to give NSRA some credit for trying to add interest. Saturday a bunch of radio-control plane guys were showing off their stuff. I know its side-show stuff but it was neat. As always, the swap was great. And there were several terrific cars to look at. But the area around the fairgrounds is getting sketchy. Nice new jail though. And lots of cool bars and restaurants downtown. Participation was way down. Vendors too. Even food vendors were down. Maybe too many other shows the same weekend. But I'm sure I'll be there again next year.

Paint and loudbang like this.
  13. topher5150

topher5150

Some were saying that the car show scheduling is on some kind of rotation which caused some shows to be on the same weekend this year. I also heard that because the US/Canadian border is still a little iffy that a lot of Canadians weren't able to get through.

40ragtopdown, i.rant and loudbang like this.
  14. Gary, thanks for taking the time to take photos and post them. It's unfortunate that we(Canadians) are unable to cross the land border for a second year. I don't think that we make up that large a percentage of attendees, but that and the conflicting event schedule has watered down the show over the last couple of years. Let's hope that globally we can get this pandemic under control, and we can visit each other safely.
    Again, thanks for all of the great pictures, guess you didn't spend all of your time tending the swap meet space!

15. Great coverage! Thanks for the effort to share.

16. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Bob it was great talking to you guys . Hope to see you again next year.

loudbang likes this.
  17. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

I talked to one of the guys in charge of the swap meet. He said they may try to hold next year's event on a different weekend then Frankinmuth. Maybe that will help.

loudbang and i.rant like this.
  18. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Steve hopefully the border will be open next year . Kalamazoo is always a good show for us regardless of the numbers. A chance to hang out with old friends and make a few new ones. And the sweet water doughnut shop is right behind our motel. Cinnamon rolls as big as a early ford hubcap. Life is good.

loudbang likes this.
  19. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Thank you

loudbang likes this.
  20. Kalamazoo always been good show for us. Like Gary mentioned, a chance to see friends before winter, even though most times, it's the friends from Southern Ontario or US, that we only ever see at this event.
    Oh, and there's a Sweetwater Donuts at the Battle Creek exit too, for some coffee and treats for the drive home!

loudbang likes this.
  21. topher5150

topher5150

Was there a special event at the airport Saturday? I kept seeing a WWII medium bomber flying over head

22. alumslot

alumslot

Next years event is going to be on 16-17-18 of September. A week later that this year. No more conflict.

Jim

40ragtopdown, loudbang and topher5150 like this.
  23. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is usually a vintage aircraft from the near-by Air Zoo flying and/or giving rides during the NSRA show. The B-25 was most likely one of them.

24. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Kalamazoo used to be always a week later than it is now, they changed to the current week sometime in the early 2000’s.

25. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

Yes, occasionally the dates move a week or so. I really hope it helps attendance and participation. But those other shows are still only one week away and travel and motels two weeks in a row might still be a bit much for some people to handle. Hoping for the best. And I still think NSRA needs to do more to improve the "draw". Cackle cars. Live music. There are lots of things they could do to add interest.

loudbang likes this.