Register now to get rid of these ads!

Select Classifieds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Select Classifieds

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. continentaljohn and Stogy like this.
  3. wvenfield

wvenfield

I take a slightly different take. Since I only have a one car garage I look at it like "would I trade my car for that". Now I made the car I wanted so there are cars worth a good bit more and nicer than mine that I wouldn't say I would. I don't look at it like "well I could sell that car and buy mine back". LOL

Of the three listed I would trade for the 35. Though I'm sure that would never happen without a suitcase full of money also.

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Family and friends all join me:

[​IMG]

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Man Mcphail just had that custom
    Gone threw before letting it go. That’s gotta be my pick, not a huge custom guy but that car will forever be associated with Dennis in my head and so that’s gotta be my pick.

6. dana barlow, Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  7. Okay, It's not on page one, but if you want to go with an elegant ride that looks custom from the factory, how could you go wrong here!:) Chryler with Wires.jpg 4563639-53da5f6500783f26ff347e4d501f67c1.jpg

8. NoSurf

NoSurf

I gotta go with the '32 Pheaton. It's right here in NH and other than a tire/wheel swap, I wouldn't change much.

[​IMG]

9. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Counting my pennies pick:
    [​IMG]

Money not a worry pick:
    [​IMG]

Not sticking to page 1 pick (cheating):
    [​IMG]

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Damn... I didn't see that car get listed... I love those so much.

11. 1929rats

1929rats

dana barlow, Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  12. Squablow

Squablow

I'm with Tman on the '60 Buick, that's totally my style and the price seems really good, too, although I do love the red Mercury convertible sedan.

If that Cord that 1929rats mentioned made it back onto page 1 then all bets are off, that really truly is amazing, at any price. But it's not on the page so I can't count it.

Stogy likes this.
  13. the 36 would be fun to watch folks cringe as it gets chopped and turned into a taildragger
    but this Buick only needs the stance handled

buick.JPG

14. Mpls 40

Mpls 40

What a smokin' deal.

continentaljohn, Stogy and Dan Hay like this.
  15. Roothawg

Roothawg

The 3 window is my bucket list car.

Stogy, Dan Hay and silent rick like this.
  16. Cincinnati Slim

Cincinnati Slim
    from Cincy, OH

Now that this is back up on page one, I still wouldn't mind this one that you featured a few weeks back. give it a nice stance and drive the wheels off it.
    [​IMG]

17. Bluedot

Bluedot

Page 1 has prolly shifted some since this thread started, but as I write this, there is a black '31 Model A Tudor that would be my pick. I have a thing for A's, miss mine. Just finished a '40 Tudor, gotta drive that for a while.

Stogy likes this.
  18. jim snow

jim snow

1940 Merc convertible. Taking the whole crew. Snowman

pprather, Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  19. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Stogy likes this.
  20. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

I could cruise this all day long…
    E81D6735-E058-47B2-BB4C-7B4BBE8A587E.jpeg

21. Ebbspeed

Ebbspeed

Lately I've had a need to go drag racing. The '56 Handyman looks like a good candidate. As much as I love 6cyls, the 261 would have to go on an engine stand. A small Chevy with mech fuel injection on Alky set back a tad would work instead. Road trip to CA from MN to pick it up. Sounds good to me.

22. chiro

chiro

23. I've had 39/40 Ford coupe fever for a long time. I'd take the black 39 deluxe with 75K price tag. Is it over priced? Prolly but you said ignore the price. That 39 is a great starting place for a hot rod

Just Gary and lothiandon1940 like this.
  24. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Dang that 32 tub is sweet and wish I could or would fit . The 36 is cool too but needs a drop ,chop ,skirts and maybe a Carson top for my taste:D. All of them nice rides but the pheaton with a few surfboards. Now hanging on the beach waiting to catch a wave doesn’t get better then that... :cool:

25. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-9-20_4-32-47.png
    Hello,

It is always fun to do some choice purchases without spending a dime. Everyone will have their own choices and those are nice. But, we all have different stories and ways to look at things offered. Despite the liking of a convertible 1940 Ford, that convertible was a little too far out there for my wife. So, she would demand the flames come off and a stock height of top be put back in place. So, that purchase is out.

Since my wife and I have been a couple, we have always traveled together. We have put on plenty of miles in the 65 El Camino in our travels on the Westcoast road trips, photo shoots and just happy vacationing. So, I would like the blue truck for our choice. It has plenty of stuff to do and get straight. But, it has the basics and then some. But, the trunk would have to go. We have always liked trucks and this is a good starting point with little to do to get it where we would like it. A nice tarp never hurt the original concept of a truck.

But, my wife would like the Red Mercury Convertible. She has always like convertibles since her mom owned a 47 Buick Convertible in the early 50s in So Cal. She has always gravitated towards any convertibles from sporty cars to rolling mid size to big convertibles. The closest one we came to purchasing was a Grey 40 Ford convertible she had seen and taken some great photos of it. If it were for sale, she would have driven home in it.

This Red Mercury Convertible has some things that we would change or modify. The tires, hubcaps and wheels would be changed. The rear opening door, if it could be the 40 Ford suicide front opening door would give this convertible some classy lines and functionality.
    The drive home from New York would have been something. Our earlier east coast trip in reverse...

Jnaki

But, one thing the pandemic has done is create some cash that has not been spent on long vacations. So, the monthly is still rolling in without much thought and it is more than what is being spent. Now, there is a bank account set aside for repairs and stuff like purchasing an old car or perhaps another boat. It may never happen. Each day of the pandemic and the conditions we are all going through, it seems like it will continue to affect us for quite some time. Unless better choices are made.

Even with those two purchases above, we would still have two nice cars and plenty left over. The total does not even come close to purchasing a new 2021 400 hp small station wagon for my wife’s next car she has been eyeing. Who the heck needs 400 hp on the street? But, then again, two more cars and we would have to move to a 4 car garage house…Ahhh, no thanks… but those are some interesting decisions..

dana barlow likes this.
  26. Todays "first page" choice for me is the '33 Sedan..typical of how I buy cars (needing everything), there are a lot nicer cars, but that one "speaks to me" (no I'm not interested in buying it, I have too much going on already).1933 Ford | The H.A.M.B. (jalopyjournal.com)

27. phat rat

phat rat

A toss up. The black 40 convert or The McPhail 40. I saw a drawing of McPhails car back in the early 90's when I was building the 41 and figured on it being black and outrageously flamed in a like manner. But about 3 weeks before it being painted decided to go with the purple instead

28. My pick from this morning's page 1 would have to be @krylon32 's '32 highboy pickup! Super clean with a running gear that's bulletproof...just buy and drive!!!

[​IMG]

29. i would take that 62 Galaxie 500, to increase my collection of fords im starting... plus its a top of the line car, 352, cruise-o-matic, plus its in almost perfect condition for what hes asking!

still cant afford it though, can barely afford the ratty 57 fairlane ive got now

30. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I always thought this pickup was gorgeous as well.

HRP had a buddy with a nicely done blue t with a str8 6 I really dig that was listed, I'm too lazy to go searching for it tho.