Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 9/10/21 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Sep 9, 2021.

1. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

More American Graffiti ................

58 chevy 1fin.jpg

Sancho, oldsjoe, chriseakin and 41 others like this.
  2. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12640006.jpg 12640008.jpg

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    Sancho, oldsjoe, chriseakin and 31 others like this.
  3. mark schanfeldt

mark schanfeldt

4. Lil32

Lil32

artist Hoon Auto Gear
    Car cartoons_0017.jpg

5. 210830Topo49.jpg

Pencil on paper. '49 Topolino. What would you do?

130708-Ggtt392Fiat-.jpg

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    Sancho, oldsjoe, chriseakin and 34 others like this.
  6. Late to the tribute party but I've been busy. If I'd have finished this, I'd have shared it last week.

PS, When I say busy, I've been storyboarding on a new show being developed for FOX's prime time animation block and beyond...

33_Ford__ZZ_Top_Hill_Trubute.jpg
    ZZ_Top_Jeana_T.jpg
    33_Ford__ZZ_Top_Eliminator_4IG.jpg

BigO, pigIRON63, Sancho and 52 others like this.
  7. milton homan

milton homan

8. milton homan

milton homan

9. milton homan

milton homan

10. robber

robber

... "Motivate"... :)
    cp 1079.JPG

... "Persuade"... :cool:
    cp 1080.JPG

oldsjoe, chriseakin, AHotRod and 29 others like this.
  11. catdad49

catdad49

Bob, Great to see you back!

12. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-9-10_3-53-3.png
    Hello,

A 50s Plymouth Station Wagon always reminds me of surfing early Dana Point in the cliff side semi-secret surf spots. At the time, the inland surfers were all parked at the Doheny Beach parking lots and stuffed the surf breaks there. But, if one was a little curious, a walk along the rocky shoreline at the base of the cliffs was the answer to great surf, glassy waters with plenty of kelp to keep the location fairly smooth during any swell.

As the sea weed grew and spread, it made for some exciting unforeseen rides until the skeg got stopped by the seaweed. Then it was nose first into the water. But, to be able to surf these spots with only a few others, was pretty much “heaven on the water.”

upload_2021-9-10_3-54-46.png
    One of the Long Beach surfers from our high school bought an early 49-53 station wagon from some lady that had it parked in a side yard. It was not the best shape, but after a couple of teenagers got finished with some motor tune ups and a power wash and wax, it turned out to be a wonderful looking surf wagon.

It was a regular at the Doheny Beach surf spot parking lots. But, they kept wondering why we always surfed a couple of waves, then disappeared back to shore. (for the long walk along the rocky shoreline and disappear around a tall cliff.)

But always acknowledging the ownership of that cool Plymouth Station Wagon, we thought that was the epitome of surf wagons. That was, until we saw some custom ones at the local Long Beach car shows at the old, Municipal Auditorium display floor. Then it was instantly wanting a station wagon that looked like the custom ones we saw on the floor displays.
    upload_2021-9-10_3-56-21.png
    Jnaki

We had no idea that George Cerny was a custom car guy until we continued to see the station wagons and other custom cars at other shows. But, we always wandered back to the station wagon for a dream world vision of being able to park it at the Dana Point pier parking lot for the Killer Dana surf sessions. The tall cliffs hid the other spots as the coastline cliffs have bends in the direction, from the South and from the North. The best spot was where the current Dana Point Harbor bridge is located.

The lot also provided us a longer walk back along the rocky shoreline below the cliffs from the Northern parking lots to the surf spots that we called “the best on this particular coast” area. Chest to overhead waves, glassy water surface, only a few brave souls that fought off the rocky shoreline to get to the spot. What more would anyone want in a semi- secret surf spot, besides being able to get to the parking lot with a cool custom Plymouth Station Wagon.
    upload_2021-9-10_3-57-23.png

NOTE:

Those semi secret surf spots were always glassy and pristine. The heavy kelp beds kept the water smooth. They lasted until the Orange County government decided they needed a place to park some power boats and sailboats. One place was Monarch Beach Cove to the North, but it was located in a private community that was against any incursion of the public. So, they finally agreed to build the new harbor in the Killer Dana Cove and all the way back to the Doheny Beach surf spots.

Sancho, oldsjoe, AHotRod and 20 others like this.
  13. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Forget not 9/11 ! D85FFF7B-997E-4559-B6ED-064F2C53350A.jpeg

BigO, oldsjoe, chriseakin and 34 others like this.
  14. What a great way to start my Friday. thank you guys for what you do.
    Later,
    Dick

15. Great reminder @edcodesign

This is one I was proud to do for a NYC fireman. I hope, in honor of the first responders to the 9-11 attacks, we can forgive the modern wheels on this rig. I tried to find the file I'd put more traditional running stock on but to no avail.
    Have a great weekend everyone!
    "5 Alarm T" (re-post) 5_ALARM_T_1.jpg
    T_comp_03.jpg 5_ALARM_T_4web.jpg 5_ALARM_T_DETAIL_5.jpg

And, as a bonus, some re-posted buts and pieces from a couple other NY clients... Blue_Deuce_detail_001.jpg Model_A_Tow_Truck_CB02.jpg Model_A_Tow_Truck_4web.jpg
    35_Ford_Pickup_4web.jpg

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    BigO, Sancho, oldsjoe and 44 others like this.
  16. This reminds me so much about a funny deal on a road trip years ago. we were on a cruise from Des Moines to Columbus with Goodguys and a buddy of mine was in his old flattie powered 32. We were somewhere in Illinois and he shucked the rear end in his car. Any way we went and got a truck and trailer to haul his car on to Columbus and we were pushing it on the trailer and we got it about half way on and ran out of steam. we were on I70 and it was busy. I walked around the car and there was the owner standing there trying to keep the car from rolling back and his pants were down around his ankles and his tighty whities sticking out for the passers by. I wont tell all the other details but we gave him crap for a long time. I told him his secret was safe with me.
    True story,
    Later,
    Dick

oldsjoe, chriseakin, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  17. KerryMC

KerryMC

18. guy1unico

guy1unico

19. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20. SASROD

SASROD

Going through some of my Dads old art work:
    IMG_0862.jpg

Oil on canvas, 1986.

IMG_0849.jpg

Airbrushed acrylic, pen and ink, and pencil. 1983.

Sancho, oldsjoe, chriseakin and 33 others like this.
  21. ...a batch of 38's I did for a friend, it's goin on an old wood creeper for a wall display...
    DSCN6281.JPG DSCN6283.JPG DSCN6284.JPG DSCN6285.JPG

BigO, Sancho, oldsjoe and 34 others like this.
  22. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Looking thru my pictures this morning. This is my friend "Sololobo" in his youth (1960). Great picture. Gary Solo_1960.jpg

23. SASROD

SASROD

IMG_0856.jpg IMG_0857.jpg IMG_0974.jpg

Carved this at work 35 years ago from a vinyl eraser, mounted on a piece of wood. Took a picture of an eraser, to show how big it is.

Sancho, oldsjoe, chriseakin and 29 others like this.
  24. Such a great photo! It inspired this sketch.
    34_Chevy_Larrys_Car_4web.jpg

BigO, Sancho, oldsjoe and 34 others like this.