Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Northern Michigan junkyard pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Will_K, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Scott F.

Scott F.

Not an actual yard. Was privately owned. It was open by the last owner but I heard it recently changed hands. Last owner was crushing out a lot. Cars weren’t salvageable. Lots of good trim and parts though. If I find the new owner will let you know.

1Nimrod and topher5150 like this.
  2. topher5150

topher5150

I remember seeing a couple of things like that on facebook where private property owners had passed and their kids were selling off all these old cars. I think it was in the greater Muskegon area.

1Nimrod likes this.
  3. Scott F.

Scott F.

Yeah could have been the same place. It wasn’t his kids but a guy who bought it. I pillaged trim fron a couple fleetlines and a bunch of cool grill guards and a lot of other stuff. Great prices. Guy wanted to see the useable stuff get into the hands of people that will use it before crushing the hulks. Look up ‘Clotse Webster, michigan’

1Nimrod likes this.
  4. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

5. Dman

Dman

The place by Fremont was called Websters.

1Nimrod and topher5150 like this.
  6. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

The next time I get up that way will check that yard out and walk through Beulah again.

7. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There called “junk” yards for a reason.. A wrecking or salvage yard is different.

8. Scott F.

Scott F.

I would love to find another place like Webster’s to walk through. Are any of the other Michigan places open to public or do you need a connection to them?
    Thanks,
    Scott

1Nimrod likes this.
  9. topher5150

topher5150

There is one in Greenville, I think it's called Buds, and they have some stuff from the 40s and a lot of stuff from the 60s 70s and 80s. There is 6 mile Auto parts in Comstock not nearly as big but there's some nice stuff in there. Oh and Rods auto parts in West Olive

1Nimrod and Scott F. like this.
  10. Reds 29

Reds 29

Pete's junkyard is On the north side of Harrison, and some cars can be seen from US27, if you are traveling south. Many 60's and some 50's cars. The place near Mancelona was called Swains if it's the one I have been too.

1Nimrod likes this.
  11. Back in the 90's I used to date a girl from Dexter- there was a yard further up 23 from the Dexter exit that had older stuff in it... can't remember the name of it, but it had a Porsche 356 shell sitting on top of a semi trailer that you could see from 23 :D

1Nimrod likes this.
  12. Will_K

Will_K

I'm in the junkyard as i post this, a return tomorrow (Sunday) is possible otherwise probably my last trip this year. I found 2 59 wagond but not the cut off roof car yet. So far both cars have no tailgate 20210904_094654.jpg 20210904_094451.jpg

1Nimrod and kidcampbell71 like this.
  13. Will_K

Will_K

Found it. Also no tailgate. But i will keep watching for more. 20210904_100758.jpg

1Nimrod and kidcampbell71 like this.
  14. Will_K

Will_K

My pics are Swain's

1Nimrod likes this.
  15. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

I only know of ONE left in my area we use to have about six Yard's years ago.
    It's a private yard on 20+ acres in Bloomingdale Michigan.
    Owner "Jeff Maile 269-521-4203"
    Jeff does sale parts a very nice old car guy and Harley-Davidson guy he's in his very late 70's.
    Jeff pulls all the parts off himself so no one can damage his old iron and Jeff has many barns and other buildings with lot's of part's he's pulled off car's and truck's over the years and has them stashed away.
    I once seen several Winter's aluminum dual quad SBC intakes from the early 60's and a Winter's BBC intake from the late 60's. Hundreds Ram's Horn exhaust manifolds Engines tranny's trim part's glass and so much more.
    Jeff has parts car's and truck's dating back to the mid 1940's up into the 1980's.
    Jeff has my Son-in-laws 64 Pontiac GTO it's been sitting outside for almost 15+ years now. Jeff also has a 70 or 71 Monte Carlo original had a 4 speed in it (I can't seem to talk Jeff into selling me the Monte Carlo)
    Jeff's Son for many years has been working for some Big Race Car Guy in California very popular Racing Business but I can't think of the Racers name? Jeff could tell you who it is, Jeff is very proud of his Son.
    It takes awhile for Jeff to warm up to people bcuz he is afraid some one will sneak in and steal his Part's.
    Jeff is always ready with his 12 gauge shotgun 24/7...
    Hope this helps someone that's looking for old vehicle part's ?

1Nimrod

16. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Love the Poison Ivy in the second photo ........

1Nimrod likes this.
  17. 1Nimrod

1Nimrod

Michigan has many different types of Poison Ivy.
    If a Farmer could Cut, Dry and Bail up and then find a Buyer for all this Poison Ivy in Michigan that Farmer would be very wealthy lol...

1Nimrod

18. topher5150

topher5150

Does anyone know anything about Antcliff Auto in Belding? Do they have older cars they don't really seem to have a website or anything like that?

19. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

any idea what this gem is[​IMG]

20. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

REO mid 40s to early 50s?

21. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

gotya . [​IMG]

i.rant and Oilguy like this.
  22. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

My family had 60 acres north of Grand Rapids and I do not ever remember seeing any poison ivy anywhere on the property,got it all over my property in Ohio.

23. Will_K

Will_K

REO Speedwagon, there's a lot of them in this junkyard. I could make a thread just with REO pics from there. He used to use a few of them as tow vehicles but I'm guessing there isn't enough usable parts to keep them running, and none of the major auto parts chains even lists REO.

I kind of like the lines myself. There's a couple dozens, including buses a couple of which are converted to campers. Mostly commercial.

24. BJR

BJR

" I could make a thread just with REO pics from there"
    Then why don't you, we would love to see it.

25. Hutkikz

Hutkikz

Been to most of the yards mentioned except the featured one, so keep the pics coming:)
    One I haven't seen mentioned yet is Hilliard's in Vestaberg just outside of Alma tho I think his boy crushed it out a couple year's ago after he past. was a good guy .

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  26. Reds 29

Reds 29

Hilliards is gone!