Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical PCV Valve AN hose fitting?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tlmartin84, Aug 31, 2021.

1. tlmartin84

tlmartin84
    from WV

I see all of these dressed up motors using braided AN hoses and fittings.

I have not been able to find a PCV valve with AN fittings. Is there one out there?

Or are these guys cutting the barbs off and using a tube nut to get to AN's?

2. squirrel

squirrel

I use AN hose and fittings on stuff that needs it, and normal rubber hose on stuff that doesn't. Is there some reason you have to not follow this method?

427 sleeper likes this.
  3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used an AN fitting on my flathead's PCV line but I have issues so it is best not to follow my lead. Threaded on source end, silicone shrink clamp stuff on the valve. Extremely tidy but completely unnecessary.
    upload_2021-8-31_9-51-50.png

4. tlmartin84

tlmartin84
    from WV

All about looks...

Bandit Billy likes this.

5. Dedsoto

Dedsoto
    from Australia
    1. Aussie HAMBers

6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

7. Dedsoto

Dedsoto
    from Australia
    1. Aussie HAMBers

We sell them for $75, Australian dollars that is

8. I know AN was from WWII, but I don't remember seeing them used on rods in late 50's and early 60's.

'28phonebooth and Oilguy like this.
  9. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Pretty much so ^^^^

10. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

11. indyjps

indyjps

Wow. $87 for a fitting, have someone tig a common fitting onto your choice of pcv valves for less than that.

12. PotvinV8

PotvinV8

Breathers.

Or run an inline PCV. You can get those AN-looking ends that cover the hose clamps if you're really after that look.

I don't run PCVs on anything, just breathers. I understand the idea, just never thought it beneficial to suck all that crap back into the engine.

19Eddy30 likes this.
  13. I can't believe this is a question, but then I can. Same with the availability of such a product. The price is just robbery. But then, you know what they say about a fool and his money. They probably cost $3 made you know where.

14. tlmartin84

tlmartin84
    from WV

They are in the US, I ordered a bubble flare tool from them for fuel lines....

But $87 bucks....is a bit steep. I think I'll tig weld a fitting (or attempt to, I am afraid I might cook the spring and or seals). Just hoping one could be picked up reasonable.

You know, I bought a billet one, and I am pretty sure the nipple is pressed in. I bet that could be popped out, and an AN fitting turned down and pressed in.

15. tlmartin84

tlmartin84
    from WV

Once again though, if I can find a bit cheaper option, my time is worth something....

16. tlmartin84

tlmartin84
    from WV

Definitely a 3 dollar part made you know where....

I have seen a TON of PCV valves at shows with braided AN hoses....I didn't think it would be a problem to find.

17. VI Lonewolf

VI Lonewolf

I also wanted a "clean" look. I used sleeve and bearing retainer on the pcv end and an AN on the other. It's short enough the line comes out with the valve.

Attached Files:

18. '34 Terraplane

'34 Terraplane
    from Western PA

20210901_135235.jpg I didn't worry about using an AN fitting for the PVC valve. I just used the corresponding braided steel hose that would slip over it and a small worm clamp. I then used shrink wrap and slid it over the steel line and clamp and shrunk it on. (I had to use two layers so the steel "barbs" didn't poke through).

19. tlmartin84

tlmartin84
    from WV

I actually use heat shrink prior to cutting mine...cut braids with the grinder and finish the tube with a knife. Keeps a clean edge.

'34 Terraplane likes this.