Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage EVENT CANCELLATIONS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 12, 2020.

1. well..... Well said Ryan

BigMike

2. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

The biggest impact is how these cancellations affect the livelihood of the people in Austin that depend on the LSRU and other events to stay afloat. I'm going to intentionally keep my hotel reservation active so I might still have that hotel to come back to the next time there is a Round Up, whenever that may be.

chryslerfan55, COOP666 and 54delray like this.
  3. Andy

Andy

I understand and agree with the postponement. The problem I have is I have paid for the LSRU and also the New Braunfels swap meet which are now on the same dates. I will probably go to the LSRU but I am out the space money for New Braunfels. Why did they have to end up on the same weekend?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

chryslerfan55 and pitman like this.
  5. Let’s get together anyway for an Outlaw run . Cruze the hill country days and enjoy Congress at night . We will be there .

guthriesmith likes this.
  6. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-8-15_3-55-3.png Sample Poster from 2013
    Belmont Shore Car Show | Sept 11th, 2022 | Long Beach, CA
    September 11, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm

The Belmont Shore Car Show keeps trying to have its 31st annual event. But California COVID lockdowns have proven tough obstacles to overcome. The 31st Annual Show was supposed to happen in 2020. The 2020 version was cancelled. Then they’d hoped for 2021, but now Belmont Shore sponsors and organization have their sights set on 2022.

Hello,

The September Long Beach’s annual Belmont Shore Car Show that has been going on for 30 years has been trying to have their 31st edition. But in 2020, it was cancelled due to the pandemic. Now, with the restrictions eased in June, everyone thought they would do the 2021 version in September 2021. But the covid variants are hitting So Cal with a vengeance, so the smart move was to postpone it, again. Now, this September show is cancelled unit September 2022.

Belmont Shore Car Show | Sept 11th, 2022 | Long Beach, CA
    September 11, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm

Jnaki

The car show takes up almost the whole 2nd Street distance. From the Western end all the way to the Alamitos Bay small bridge. 14 blocks of hot rods, custom cars, and trucks. Some of the best restaurants So Cal are in place along the colorful street. We have been going to 2nd Street since the high school teenager years and in our early 20s, we had the whole area at our disposal from college times to apartment living steps from the beach and bay.

Patience will prevail against the pandemic and the return of the long running car show. It is better to be safe than sorry... Kudos to the promoters. Safety first...as the hot rods and great location will still be there next year and if it takes longer, so be it.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  7. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Just got a notification from Nick......Hot Rod Hill Climb canceled again for this year.

Blues4U likes this.
  8. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Just saw that on fakebook

Joe Blow likes this.
  9. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

10. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

Just saw on facebook...Emerald coast cruise is cancelled

11. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

Saturday 08/28/21 Speedway Coffee Cruise has been canceled due to the virus up-tic

12. DONZI

DONZI

Viva East 2021 Westborough Mass Sept. 30,Oct. 1,2. Cancelled. 87F3805D-E09C-4FD0-B452-E418FD22EAC3.png

13. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-9-8_18-10-59.png Pam Conrad photo

Hello,

The latest note is from So Cal's Cruising Grand event. Difficulties have cancelled the final night of the annual Cruising Grand event in Escondido, CA. It was the Nitro Night with all of the top fuel burning race cars rolling down the main street, to close out the normal April to September Cruising Grand season.

This year, the street is closed to moving cars and businesses have set up shop. There are still some other activities involving old hot rods, but the sponsors of the Nitro Night have postponed their event until next year.

Jnaki
    upload_2021-9-8_18-12-4.png
    Ever since the old Bixby Knolls Atlantic Ave/Carson Street closure Nitro events back in the early 2000's, this was one of the largest street Nitro events in So Cal. Hopefully everyone will help fight the pandemic and these events will come back with a fury, next year.

14. DONZI

DONZI

CCC62842-E72F-4088-80C7-FA0C9E0DFA75.png Gathering of the Faithful Middelboro Mass. Oct 16 2021 Cancelled.

chryslerfan55, The37Kid and pitman like this.
  15. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

FYI- I got an e mail from Pomona swap meet for Oct. swap meet. E1036AE0-8F27-471A-9E28-C0DFA375978B.jpeg Please read about requirements needed to get in. Not sure if anyone posted this prior. I also talked to a person who is handling this and she sounded like a lot of people were up set. There will be a lot of upset people the day of the swap meet.

16. Just saw that the 2022 Portland Roadster Show has been canceled.

milwscruffy likes this.
  17. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-12-29_10-0-39.png
    Hello,

While we, in So Cal are coping with the world wide problems, there are a lot of things that make the situation feel a little less hectic. Infused with beauty of the open waters of the Newport Bay, the ocean shoreline and the deep blue sea, makes thinking about the pandemic in less powerful terms. There is beauty in the ocean waters and things make the rest, small in comparison.

Chugging across the Newport Bay since being able to drive by ourselves, introducing our son and then many years later, our Granddaughter to the joys of Balboa Island and the Peninsula will come to a halt in January for a month. Yes, the famed Balboa Ferry will close for a month on Jan 3rd for some underground utility work on the island.

The city will bury all overhead utilities in the public right of way underground. They will reconstruct island alleys and paved areas. The conduits and big vaults to hold all of the power will be built at the same time.

The major access to the ferry terminal on the island side is going to be under construction. Across the bay, the major road leading to the ferry loading entrance will also close.

Jnaki

Although for most, it is not going to affect a lot, but for those that use the ferry, there is still a way to get to the main Coast Highway down the Peninsula to the West.

Then it is a memory of the Rendezvous Ballroom dance parties, the cruising during the Easter Vacation (Spring Break) days and even the countless times our Granddaughter wanted to go to her favorite white sand beach next to the Balboa Pier, the ferry played a huge part of each experience.

So, for most, the one to two month closure will be worth the wait as the ferries will continue to run after the underground facilities are in place.

Note:

“In the 1950s, the latest versions of the Balboa Island ferries were built. Those are still in operation, with inboard John Deere engines, some of which have gone 50,000 hours before major repairs.”

“On an average year, the three boats can ferry 350,000 cars and 1.6 million people.”

“The ferry continues to operate at normal hours, 6 a.m. to 12 a.m., seven days a week, with three boats that have been on the harbor since the 1950s, Admiral, Commodore, and Captain.”

Note 2:
    For those hot rods on a lowered rake, the ramps leading into the ferry entrance are very steep and sometimes leads to grinding sounds. If by chance you are on the ferry, the exit ramps are just as steep and caution needs to take place. Perhaps, high tides may help the angle of the ramps, but still caution is necessary. YRMV

Note 3:
    Who has the right of way between the ferry and the sailboats that dot the bay waters? Usually, the sailboats are given the right of way. But, it is a well known fact that most sailboats try to maneuver away from the directed crossing path of the ferries. Despite the fact that by the rules, sailboats have the right of way over powerboats. No one has forced the issue in the years of operation.

We have always directed our sailboat to the rear of the ferry in the crossing pattern. It works well and no one slows down, both are in a cautious mode when noting that a cross is eminent.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
  18. kb cookout

kb cookout

Okaw Valley Classic Chevy Club

April Fools swap meet at
    Grizzly Park
    2301 GRIZZLIE BEAR BLVD.
    SAUGET, IL 62206

Cancelled

PLEASE NOTE
    ; Because of the uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus situation and the planning/scheduling lead times involved, there was no 2021 Swap Meet. The 2022 Swap Meet had been scheduled for 03 APRIL but has also been cancelled! There will be No swap meet in 2022. The swap meets for 2023 and beyond remain possibilities which will be addressed as circumstances seem to require.

65pacecar likes this.
  19. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I can't wait for this to all be over with.... I miss meeting new people and reuniting with the old... This has really hurt the hobby and my soul!

65pacecar and jnaki like this.
  20. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

My kids keep asking when we can go back. I really hope to attend in 2022!

65pacecar and jnaki like this.
  21. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dr George Car Show, Indian Wells, CA, February 12, 2022.

Great show, relatively recently cancelled. Perhaps a PSCA member can elaborate, but it’s on their website.

https://palmspringscruisinassociation.com/

John

22. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ