Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects N.O.S. 1930s fender ID please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34 GAZ, Aug 11, 2021.

1. An acquaintance of mine has found two pairs of L & R front fenders with sparewheel wells but has no idea what they are from. Seller told him Chrysler but his search on google has no results. Part numbers in white paint are 375160 and 375159. I would think the two holes in the front of the fenders are not for a headlight bracket as they look to small but for a parking light . Going by the size of the sparewheel well it looks like the wheels were mounted up high . Any ideas ?
    fender 1.jpeg fender 2.jpeg fender 3.jpeg fender 4.jpeg

2. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Try going on (aaca.org) Antique Car Club of America. Its all free. Register then post on the Forum with good pics.You don't have a pic looking at them from the outside.

34 GAZ likes this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

post a few more pictures here, looking at them from a "front 3/4 view"....so we can see the whole fender, as it would appear on a car.

The part numbers could be a few different makes. Chrysler corp numbers were well into the 4s by 1935, the first year that my Hollanders book covers. GM used numbers very similar to these, so that's where I'd start looking. You can do a lot just using google images, trying various cars from the era. My guess is 1928-32

edit: or perhaps up to 1934, from the shape near the grill

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    34 GAZ likes this.
  4. Bonjour, First two pics Sheldon. Or do you mean side with the wheel opening ? I get ya'.

5. Look to me to be 36 chev low cab truck fenders

302GMC, squirrel and 34 GAZ like this.
  6. alchemy

alchemy

Yep.

34 GAZ likes this.
  7. squirrel

squirrel

34 GAZ likes this.
  8. Thanks very much guys. I shall pass the info on.

9. I have never seen a welled fender for the drivers side , or the square opening near the bottom , half tons and 1 tons 3 tons all share the same fender could be for the big trucks to extend the tire brackets to the frame ??

34 GAZ and 302GMC like this.
  10. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Yes side view as "squirrel" said

11. Was researching this a little more and it seems chevrolet mounted the spare tire on the passenger fender and GMC mounted the spare tire on the drivers fender , never seen a 34 35 36 truck with spares on both sides .

34 GAZ likes this.
  12. Maybe on a wagon or a over restored pickup .

wagon A.jpg wagon B.jpg

wood remover likes this.
  13. What's the plans for the fenders ??

14. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Maybe in Europe they put spare dimples on both sides because they might be used in England or the continent?

15. He has sold one pair and seeing he is a Ford guy he will probably sell or trade the other two as well.