Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1933-1934 Dodge KC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotts52, Aug 9, 2021.

1. scotts52

scotts52

What is the hood length on a KC truck? Wondering if I can use the horizontal louvered hood on a truck I want to build or if I have to go with the longer hood with vertical louvers.

2. Budget36

Budget36

I could get you the length on a 31/32 Series F-10, not one of the new fangled trucks though;)

3. I measured mine. Top center is 4o'' Top side is 45'' bottem side is 38'' 151.jpeg

4. scotts52

scotts52

Thanks Ron. The one I saw was 48 so I'm guessing it won't work. Must be specific to the truck.

Ron Funkhouser and Big mike 1968 like this.

5. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

Well Scott, you can always make it the way you want? :D
    Pics for fun, we all need a good laugh in life. :)

I remember us talking in the past and you wanted to expand your sheet metal welding skills.
    While I just wanted to learn welding.
    Here is my current project, forcing me with hours on my welder on a project I really do not care how it turns out. But I am learning about my welder and how to set it up.
    I now realize no matter what setting I used, with .023 wire I kept burning through 18 gauge metal.
    I simply did not have enough tension on the feed spool and the wire was slipping. Same tension with .30 wire and works fine ... but a lot of grinding.

Whats relevant to this thread, you can make your own hood out of a couple spares.
    My louvered pieces came from a old window ac unit, they were horizontal & I wanted vertical.
    Even though the hood is sloped, I set my Louvers level with the ground

I first stood back and looked at mine, did a face palm and said to self I messed up there.
    If you look at @Ron Funkhouser photo they follow the hood and probably correct.
    Same time they were probably level before the front suspension was lowered.
    The level vents with the sloped hood is growing on me. Looks more stock.

At this point you may want to make a stamp to create the louvers? Just get some steel and stamp it out.
    You know you can just build it if you want. 0810211303.jpg

scotts52 likes this.
  6. dwollam

dwollam

If I'm not mistaken, isn't it the same as the '33 Dodge car?

Dave

7. scotts52

scotts52

I believe factory it would be like a 33 car. Grill too. Just had access to a 34 car hood and it got me thinking. I know car hoods came in 2 lengths. 48 and 52. I wasn't sure about the pickups

8. dwollam

dwollam

I could use a hood top for a '33 Dodge or '33-'5 pickup.

Dave

9. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma