Register now to get rid of these ads!

HEMI Tech - Hemi Engine Mounts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Apr 22, 2009.

1. sunbeam

sunbeam

2. But that's a side-mounting system, isn't it? The Ford system is a front mount system with a motor mount placement system similar to the Chrysler Corp "Floating Power" frame attachment.
    The Hurst mounts utilize the front mount type frame holes that are part of the front cross-member.
    No drilling or welding required.

3. Made mine from some 4" square steel tubing with Ford thru-bolt donuts. The one bolted to the engine is really simple. Cut the tubing at the proper angel, hold it up to the block to mark the holes, drill and bolt in place. The frame piece has a 1/4" plate welded to a tab on the back of the angle cut piece, two 1/4" tabs welded to the legs for bolting flanges, two 3/8" bolts on top, two 3/8" bolts and nuts on inside tabs secures it. Had them gold cad plated. Stock '36 Willys frame.

water pump.jpg

4. I got ahold of Peter and he's still making them. They're identical to these Hurst mounts.

Send me a PM or an email and I'll get you his cell phone number so that you can text him.
    Don't want to publish it here, though.
    .[​IMG]

51 mercules likes this.
  5. sunbeam

sunbeam

Its called Fabricate I used a steel trans adapter from 73RR and fabbed mounts off of it.

6. sunbeam

sunbeam

r So to go into more detail the setup is using a Dakota 5 speed but would work with a LA clutch housing. It uses a stock early Hemi flywheel with a Dakota ring gear. Because Garys torqueflite adapter uses a crank index plate for the flexplate The adapter is a little to thick you need to cut the ring gear step about 3/16 deeper when when replacing gear for starter ingaugement. I fabed a pilot bearing from brass stock.