Register now to get rid of these ads!

Missouri Valley Hot Rod Reunion Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rocketman402, Jun 10, 2007.

1. rocketman402

rocketman402

Just got home from MAM. Had a great time made a few passes down the track. There were a lot of very nice cars that showed up. A lot of historical drag cars with amazing photo history that accompanyed them. Got to spend a lot of time today with alot of great people. My only complaint was there was a few to many brand new corvettes, cadallac cts & dodge dakotas going down the track, other wise it was a great time. Hope to do it again and anyone with pics from today please post them.

2. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

This was a great time.I think the people who we're racing the vetts and caddys we're the old timers they we're honoring at the show.The turn out was outstanding.170 cars to race and show.I'll have some photos I took with a box camera a little later.Somehow thru relentless politicking and severe arm twisting, The modified got 1st hardcore of show.Big bad ass trophy from GRAPHX in Sioux City Iowa,and if that isn't cool enough Roadkill waves me on to the road course where the sports cars race,as I'm going by he says don't go fast.Yea ,right.:D I hope others got photos today,this was a special event.

3. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

I had a blast down there today,the people,cars were all great. Brought the whole family out ,fun for everyone. Gotta like a car show where you can race too.Got afew pics,I suck with a camera.http://[​IMG] nice trophyhttp://[​IMG]one morehttp://[​IMG]

4. Roothawg

Roothawg

Dang!!!!is this an annual race?

5. Big Dad

Big Dad

6. rocketman402

rocketman402

next one is in september

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

Where is it held?

8. Big Dad

Big Dad

9. rocketman402

rocketman402

10. stan292

stan292

Rob and Big Dad-

Thanks for the pics. I remember the Kidder hemi well. An awesome car in its day. Seems like the Kidders were bankers. Always thought that was a pretty cool car for a "bean counter" to be driving. (-:

Was the Howdy Williams' dragster there (as advertised). If so, did anyone get photos of it?

11. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I lived up the hill from the Kidder garage and went to school with one of the Kidder kids.They were not bankers but ran their succsesful race ventures out of a family owned service station on 60th & L st. in Omaha.They were the hemi kings of the midwest..

12. Sticks

Sticks

Hey all,

My kids and I had a great time watching the front engine dragsters run down the strip, and the car show had some very cool cars.

Dick nice trophy man.

Thanks
    Sticks

13. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    You have to lay the blame out front and it was Jim aka Roadkill and his crew who were responsible for the whole thing.Thanks buddy,we had a great time.[​IMG]
    This is George Roseland,he and all the other old geezers are why they put on the show.George topped 200 at bonneville in a 40 ford sedan last year. he owned the Arbor garrage and is notorious for his motors.Thanks George.
    [​IMG]
    Mr. Roseland getting ready to make another pass.
    [​IMG]
    Phil & Dee Morris showed up their blown alcohol altered,the t was fast.Thats Dee at the wheel,she let Rob Lees kids sit in the cockpit of the car.Outstandingly cool.
    [​IMG]
    When I took her picture she was concerened that the motor looks good
    [​IMG]
    I guess it would look better if the camera operator knew what he was doing
    [​IMG]
    moon equipped and I don't keep notes.
    [​IMG]
    this the one you been asking about?
    [​IMG]
    like I said it was a great day.
    [​IMG]
    ....:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

The turn out was outstanding with a wide variety of cars.This bodes well for the future.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    .....[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ....[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. easyrider47

easyrider47

So what's the date for the next drags in Sept.? Is that at the track near Pacific Jct?

16. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Sept 23 for the next Geezers show and go.The week after there is another show at the same track,Eyeball traditional rods, customs and bike show on the 29th and 30th.Looks to be a good fall.Here are a few more photos.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hugh from the Rebels car club,they were well represented
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Roy from the rebels and another club brother.Nice rides
    [​IMG]
    Harry Olsen thrashing the track in his chopped merc.
    [​IMG]

17. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

18. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Thanks for posting the pics guys! That was a great day - I enjoyed every minute of it.

The blown small block FED ran 70% Nitro and made a low 5 second pass. Remember, this is an 1/8th mile track, so that would convert to an approximate 8 second 1/4 mile pass!!

Wow.

Malcolm

19. rocketman402

rocketman402

thanks for the pix guys

20. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

yeah, thanks for the pics, Matt, thanks for making a good showing. The coupe looked good going down the track. You should stop by and say "hi".

I cant believe the turn out, An absolutly good time. I WILL have my coupe out there next time.

Dick , I would have loved to stick around and see ya runnin the road course! That would be cool, would love to do that in my coupe.

Did anyone here about the red Cheetah crash on the way home? There was a traffic tie- up, looked to be that the car came off the trailer on the interstate. A wrecker had it picked up when I went by, looked a little broken up.

21. jangleguy

jangleguy

Man, thanks for the pix. Brings back memories - I lived out there for 23 years and know most of those guys. In fact, I have an aluminum M/T rod out of Howdy Williams' digger that I'm using for a column drop in my Morris. Was picked from the cornfield beside Scribner Raceway, after Howdy kicked it outta the Hemi - my understanding is, that was the last FED to run competitively in the U.S...Would've been great to see it run again. Rocky told me about this deal - sounds great.

22. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

23. little skeet

little skeet
    from huston

Do you remember the A/A they raced in the early 60's? We raced them at Omaha. Would like to find some photos....thanks Skeet.

24. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

Wow a 14 year old thread revived!

loudbang likes this.
  25. @xderelict has not been here for several years.

26. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

@Ryan Sadly he(xderelict) passed away. Time to change his status.

loudbang likes this.
  27. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@stanlow69 looks
    Like it’s been noted to me?

28. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

Just a note to say the Gene Kidder 'A' roadster pickup while somewhat altered through the many years is still in the Omaha area.

29. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

He just changed it then.

30. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Is that the one Larry from the Street Tiques owns. It had been in Hot Rod magazine in the mid 50`s or so. You can see one of his his 32`s from Dodge street . Haven`t been by his place lately thou.