Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Both R USA Made !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 19Eddy30, Jul 17, 2021.

1. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

Let the Pictures do the talking !!
    over 2K , Both companies are well-known in Hot Rodding and Racing..location Cal, Both Hand made .

95740AD1-B02C-49B2-8250-F29FBDF6A9A2.png 646821CA-E2F2-40C2-A747-87A0C50E5D64.png 6247614B-BDA7-4216-997C-0ACDEB876010.jpeg

2189C53C-0D56-4738-B860-6B4A9E1168A5.png
    BB54F543-89B4-4775-B2F6-151D36F954D5.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    loudbang likes this.
  2. 5window

5window

Fine, but you need a description,too. And photos that are not so up close. And what exactly are we looking at besides exhaust system pictures of poor fabrication. Details, dud.

vtx1800, Deuces and Tim like this.
  3. 5window

5window

Oh, yeah. Have you looked at the work-force in the USA lately? Not many folks seem to give a damn-employers don't care about employees, employees don't care about the job. Made is USA is not a guarantee of quality workmanship, (And never has been but it used to be better)

Driver50x, Kato Kings, seadog and 7 others like this.
  4. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

You have to pay for quality workmanship. To often, everybody is looking for price and reluctant to pay for quality.

Cosmo50, Driver50x, lo c dan and 3 others like this.

5. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

Big tube 1-7/8 s block huggers,

& S.S. Collector Mufflers , just arrived yesterday

loudbang likes this.
  6. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

Mufflers. Close to 9 each, X 2.
    Each muffler is good for Around 500 hp.

& Headers right @ 5 a set.

If you know what you're looking at and you look at the pictures you will know exactly which two companies these are from they're not out of a speedway catalog

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    loudbang likes this.
  7. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Very hand made!

8. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

2K for a set of headers, I'd say he paid his price of admission and or the right to......bitch.

Thor1, Surfcityrocker and loudbang like this.
  9. Kevin Pharis

Kevin Pharis

10. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

Two Builds ,
    1-7/8 Primary Tube Block Huggers Headers right @ 5 (set)
    & whats the other problem the collector is around 2-15/16s then the bottom collector goes to 2-7/16 outlet .
    That defeats the purpose of 1-7/8 primary tube, I actually need a Stahe pattern 2.00-2.125 primary long tube ,
    I contacted lemons (nice built headers)
    But he build header for a chassis that has a raised motor mount for the 32 ,
    & things get tight , The correct way is to build headers to vehicle present. I just do not have the time to Build a New set.
    Its hard to fit Exhaust to work with Fender & to suport over 700hp Naturally aspirated , If you are forced induction or on 500 plus spray ,exhaust needs to bigger . All needs to be efficient.

My Complaint/ Bitch is most people
    Are not fortunate enough or have the know-how or equipment to build parts for their vehicles,
    Both companies are out of Cal & well known How much people pay & this is what you get , No Pride that its USA made !!!! R. W. B you should be Proud

collector Mufflers Right @ 9 each ,
    The mufflers I've had a few sets in the last 25 years I have never seen a set made this crappy they are usually BLING BLING Parts for high dollar race cars That make Big power, (800 plus)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    loudbang and dirty old man like this.
  11. 5window

5window

What did the manufacturers say?

Budget36 likes this.
  12. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I don't see two sets.. I see double pics, all the hachet marks are in the same place?

19Eddy30 likes this.
  13. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

I called both places , the person I need to talk with both out ,
    My issue is not with the person that will answers the phone , unless they are the one that built /assemble... if not it's with the one who built them and the person that okayed it to go out the door.

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  14. williebill

williebill

Tell us who it is. Don't feel like playing detective today.
    I like USA made.
    I especially like OLD USA made.
    Too bad this was what you paid good money to get.
    Years ago, I bought a really high end thing, non car related, made out of cromoly. Bigass hole in an important, structural, obvious weld joint. US made. Company was in southern California. I raised hell. They told me I could have the Chinese version, or the expensive USA one, but reminded me that for them, USA meant it was actually made in Mexico, and then sent across the border.
    Never bought another one from these guys.
    Thanks for posting. That sucks.

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  15. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

I could post 20 pictures !! I'm going to wait to talk to who I need to talk to and it depends on which way it goes , IF NOT GOOD Resolution out come then I will reveal the manufactures ...
    There are several people here on the HAMB that know me ,been to my shop and they know what kind of cars I build and I have ,all Pre war cars but some parts are not HAMB friendly but look 50s & 60s builds with Bead locks turbos
    Nitrous oxide , Blowers , Enderle , EFI vac pumps ,data logger etc. full race stuff but look like a regular H-R on street driven & A/FC .my Race rod run over 100mph in 8th on 6 inch wide street tires on street 2nd R Rod shooting for 118 plus in 1/8 on a 315 drag Radio & A/FC over 200 in 1/4. Early 2000. there's no BS in the pics I posted all 4 pieces Really 6 total All look as bad as the ones you already seen and more in person.

Just Gary and loudbang like this.
  16. First off, Donna at Sanderson flat out lied to me and she doesn't not give a shit about hot rods. She is too busy being a businesswomen. We were dealers and this all went down about 18 years ago. You can do a search if you like. But, the Sanderson track record is spotty

seadog, rod1, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  17. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

I have purchased China made of stainless steel a hundred dollar headers off Evil bay that the TIG welds are amazing , but not all , most and they're from China

Irish Mike and loudbang like this.
  18. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

How many products have you bought that have been built in U S A have been good compared to the ones that have been bad. 60-40. 70 -30, 80-20. What are the percentages. And the set of headers are bad so let`s start complaining about U S A made products. Most companies and businesses here in U S A are at least 3 to 6 months behind in production. Some are farther behind than that.

Sporty45 and dirt t like this.
  19. swifty

swifty

I wanted to buy a set of those block huggers for the 401 Buick in my 32-5 window build but my son wouldn't let me. He said they were too street-roddy looking so we built our own. Not real flash but a satin black coat of HPC ceramic and they don't look too bad. Probably saved me lots of $$$ by the time they were shipped here and no way could I send them back.

F-ONE, 19Eddy30 and williebill like this.
  20. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

Probably saved me lots of $$$ by the time they were shipped here and no way could I send them back.[/QUOTE]

Swifty I even deal with a few Builders /Manufactures from The Down Under .

21. swifty

swifty

Swifty I even deal with a few Builders /Manufactures from The Down Under .[/QUOTE]

That's interesting @19Eddy30, the World is a very small place now.

22. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

Both company's are both
    MADE IN USA,
    Not Assembled, in Mexico nor any other country, Maybe the SS & steel Materials from another Country, Just like our Nitro & ChroMoly around 90%
    (I believe I was told by well-known chassis builders & suppliers)
    Comes from China .
    list is long , Materials coming from China.

The Collector Mufflers are not a Stocking Item No More , off shelf, They are Made to order , Took 6 weeks & they where made built to wrong size ,
    I have not ever seen a set or one come from that Manufacture made so Poorly.
    I think around 2005 when I started seeing on race cars, @ local tracks ,
    Top dragster & Super Gas,
    & There is alot of race cars classes using those Mufflers running in 4s in 1/8 mile
    &in 8s & quicker in 1/4

The Block Huggers Not for sure if made to order , 2 weeks, But do know hand built/assembled ,
    The Port size not made / shaped correctly to spec Told by & Advertised.

The Weld wheels 9-12 weeks out before Feb of last year. Made to order.
    Just talk with Hogans Racing Intakes
    10 weeks out. Made to order
    Yes there a lot of Companies /Builders
    Weeks out .

Just Gary likes this.
  23. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

This is how lots of small companies get their start. Being pissed off at what`s available and make their own. Then make another set ect....

low down A and 19Eddy30 like this.
  24. Deuces

Deuces

19Eddy30 likes this.
  25. Deuces

Deuces

Maybe asking for pictures of the end product before it gets shipped out wouldn't be such a bad idea.....;)

26. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You might be on to something there, Deuces. I think, maybe a short 360* video for customer approval on M.T.O parts wouldn't be bad either. It would make the manufacturer's strive for Quality and save the customer the frustration of having a piece of shit show up on their doorstep. Just my Twisted Thought's... :rolleyes:

27. Deuces

Deuces

There ya go!!!!!... :):cool:

41 GMC K-18 and 46international like this.
  28. look hard at their construction and tech and build yer own.....made in the USA

Deuces likes this.
  29. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't buy any manufactured exhaust system components except flanges, clamps and hangers. Everything else is raw tubing, mandrel bends and MIG wire and I build it to satisfy myself.

30. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

You should call them out by name right away, especially at that price level. Consider that those parts passed THEIR QC before they were sent out. They were trying to pull one over on you. All their stuff may look like that and if only a few call for returns and 85% of their product sticks to the wall it's considered a successful/profitable business model. Nothing new to SANDERSON headers. In the late 80's a good friend spent big bucks on a set of SBC ss block huggers. Couldn't get either side to not leak exhaust at the head flanges. Ended up being warped flange plates. Called Sanderson tech-their answer; double up 2 exhaust gaskets. Bullshit! We sent them back for a refund and bought headers from someone else. This was shared at a club meeting of about 40 members. Guess who didn't buy from them going forward?
    Everyone quit bitchin and send/take the crap back for a full refund. The manufacturer's will eventually get a clue that they're going to have to get their shit together to meet customer demand or go belly up. I do it all the time at Home Depot, Lowe's and Harbor Freight.
    I don't know how many times someone here has posted about HF tools breaking. Take it back! They can't deny you a refund if it's defective no matter how low the price was.
    Same goes for this 6-24 month wait for a part that was paid for up front. Cancel it after 2 months and protest the credit card if they don't cooperate.
    Every time one of us settles for less it just cheapens the hell out our parts quality and craftsmanship. If WE continue to accept low quality craftsmanship as the "new norm" (by using the flimsy excuses that employees and Co.'s don't give a damn, have any skills, don't make a high enough wage, etc.) then WE are responsible for the new industry standard. The manufacturer's will deliver the least that we will accept without accountability.
    Remember, it takes the same amount of time to lay down some nice welds vs. booger welds with some hasty grinding over the top. It's up to the manufacturer to hire/train qualified people. No excuses accepted. Hold their feet to the fire.
    If you don't get any satisfaction, blow them up in reviews such a s Yelp. I've had to resort to that a couple of times with companies and have included the manager's name that I dealt with.