Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures 1933 Dodge Coupe = A REAL Barn Find!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

1933 Dodge Coupe = A REAL Barn Find!!

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

So I spent my 8 minutes and watched the video,,, he sounds like a car salesman (person).
    This beautiful example of a 19 and 32 Dodge just came onto our lot as a trade-in, step up and be the first to own the finest example of a vehicle produced 90 years go,,,, yes folks this one will go fast,,,,
    Nice vehicle, but is he a car builder/person? Or a dealer?

chryslerfan55 and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  3. Flipper, I think.

4. Tony -

He (@roadkillontheweb) is a fellow HAMBer that would've liked to buy the car ... but is in the middle of building a new house ... so he is just helping the (elderly) owners sell it.

Checkout his two threads about the car:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021

5. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Dayyumm, how come I don't find something like that? A 33 Plymouth/Dodge is on my someday list.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. Love 30's Mopar's! That's why I'm building a 30' Chrysler coupe, body lines are awesome!

7. the oil soup

the oil soup
    from Tucson,AZ

8. Yes,,,I read his earlier post .
    Maybe I misunderstood the wording,,,,,but I took it that he was a flipper .
    And besides,,,,,he could clean it very good and sell it,,,,and still build his house .
    If I misunderstood,,,,,I apologize .

As I think someone posted in an earlier thread,,,,,,this belongs in the classified section .

Tommy

9. noboD

noboD

He will find out very quickly tis ain't a Ford. It won't bring Ford prices. The car is perfect to me just the way it is but no one will retire from selling it.

Blues4U and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  10. Ebbspeed

Ebbspeed

I would get it running and reliable. Then drive it.

Blues4U and HEMI32 like this.
  11. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Get it running, CLR and wax the paint, new upholstery, lower it, and drive the heck out of it.

chryslerfan55, Blues4U and HEMI32 like this.
  12. @typo41, @'28phonebooth, & @Desoto291Hemi -

He may very well be a “flipper” (or a even a “slimy used car salesman”) ... but in this case, I think he’s just being a real nice guy ... helping some folks he’s known for three decades sell one of their cars (that’s been in storage for five + decades) ... at least that’s how I interpreted this post:

No where in either of his “PROJECT” threads about the car did he state that he purchased the vehicle from the elderly couple (i.e., buy it from them on the cheap and “flip it” for a profit) ... he only states that he pulled it out of their storage, cleaned it up, and created a video to document it ... all in an attempt to get the most $$$ FOR the elderly couple.

Then again, I don’t know the guy (nor have I read through all 1,402 of his posts here on the H.A.M.B.) ... so I guess there’s a possibility that he’s a “flipper”... but if he is, why did he start two “PROJECT” threads about the car ... vice just post a “CLASSIFIED Ad” for it ... ???

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  13. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

14. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. sololobo

sololobo

This was very exciting to see, I love these MoPar coupes with such style and character. This one is so outstanding, racoons are so clever, too bad the smart little bastards made it inside this beauty. Appreciate the share and let us know, "they are still out there"!

16. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I know a guy who has at least 15 33 Plymouths and Dodges. Coupes, pickups and 2 and 4-dr sedans. A couple are in better shape than that one as not being restored yet. I think one non restored coupe is a deluxe with roll down wing windows. Some are stock and some are modified. His place is spotless.

17. Hemi 32,
    No offense,,,,,but I was going from his original post in the thread,,,,,nice ones are still out there .

Post 1,,,,he states he found it and it is now in a different part of Iowa .
    Post 2,,,,the other guy asked his plans for it .
    Post 3,,,,he states his plan is to clean it up and find it a new home .

I’m sorry I didn’t see the other thread,,,,I just assumed he was fishing for an offer .
    I’m sure he is above board,,,,,,but sometimes a little clarification is helpful.
    The same way some thread titles need more wording to get better responses,,,,,it’s all in the details .
    I’ve seen a lot of people come in here and basically ask what something is worth,,,just to get all they can .
    It’s a free country,,,,,and if I offended you,,,I apologize.

Tommy

18. Budget36

Budget36

Can’t fault a guy for mentioning things that will be up for grabs, on the main boards. I’m sure we’ll see it in the classifieds. Many will ask “thinking of selling my xxxx what should I ask”?

My feeling is if the Mods thought it was poor form they’d lock or delete/move it.
    But I’m just a guest here enjoying my stay;)

BTW, I think it’s a way cool car, may not get “Ford money” but should help out the owners quite a bit.
    I still think he should look into the DBC and might get more from a member there. Them folks are pretty anal (not intended to denigrate them) about original cars.

chryslerfan55 and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  19. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

No, I did not buy the car, I am an old car nut like the owner and am helping him sell it for the best dollar possible. I do get a percentage for my work but I am also putting in a lot of work to get it ready and get the best price from the market. The owner has early stage alzheimers and knows he will not be able to do anything with it and would like to see it get into good hands and they need the money. Things are now settled down and I have the signed title in hand ready to turn it over to the top bidder. I will be sending messages and emails to those that have expressed interest and will close the window of offers Sunday July 18th 2021 at 8PM central time.

chryslerfan55, WalkerMD and HEMI32 like this.
  20. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Quoting HEMI32.....

" Then again, I don’t know the guy (nor have I read through all 1,402 of his posts here on the H.A.M.B.) ... so I guess there’s a possibility that he’s a “flipper”... but if he is, why did he start two “PROJECT” threads about the car ... vice just post a “CLASSIFIED Ad” for it ... ???"

Ok - Cob here.... just to share some clarity.
    I get that you guys don't know the guy "roadkillontheweb" so let me shed some light.

I KNOW the guy.
    I've known Junior for 30 years and he's a old car guy - a Desoto nut that happens to be helping a older gentleman with health issues.

It's a great car story that has a unfortunate side issue with the owners health is declining.
    Jr. didn't have to post it here at all but he did - so I would think we all would want to enjoy it.
    Not that it is really anyone's business if he bought it or not.
    If he makes a few bucks helping the older fella out - good for BOTH.
    In this case - he's helping a older couple that he has known for over 30 years help sell the car.
    We all should be so lucky.

It's for sale - buy it or don't.
    You would NOT have had the same extensive story in a classified ad plus we're helping a older fella owner that the light won't be as bright in the near future.

I appreciate it Jr. you shared the old coupe with us.
    Great car story !
    Neat piece.
    Bitchin '

21. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Thanks for the kind words, nobody calls me JR much any more since Andy passed away. He used to think it was hilarious when people would ask if I was his son, then he would say if he was I would have to smack his mother.

chryslerfan55 and WalkerMD like this.
  22. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

You've always been JR since I've know you....
    Of course through our late friend Andy.
    I guess that's the connection and that means more than a "nobody".
    Many memories of the store.....good times.

23. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I don't mind being corrected, I am a jerk a bunch of the time to just stir the pot and get comments from others.
    I obviously read the wrong thing in the OP and missed he was getting it ready to sell for the owners, which is way kool! On the HAMB, it seems damned if you do, damned if you don't,,, meaning,,,we praise members that get killer deals from unsuspecting owners, but if the owner is close to a HAMB member, the buyer is given a hard time of taking advantage of the seller,,,, what to do???
    Thanks, and onward we go looking for the elusive $2,000 32 Ford Coupe,., have to beat out Iron Trap Garage!!!

24. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Should of stated this in the first post.

chryslerfan55 and '28phonebooth like this.
  25. phat rat

phat rat

What a bunch of whiny nit pickers, quit yer bitchin. It doesn't really matter if he bought it or not, it's for sale. Step up to the plate and buy it or keep quite

26. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Sold. Heading to Oregon. I think I did well for the owners.

27. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

The car is on its way to Oregon with the new owner. Both sellers and buyer are happy. Just don’t find them this solid, complete and original any more 9D19C476-A776-4EC5-BB7E-0CBC890C3661.jpeg

Attached Files:

28. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Forth photo is the original owner who was a librarian and passed away at 70 years old in 1965.

29. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

You did good. Things positive I like to hear.

roadkillontheweb likes this.
  30. Glad it went to a good home and the couple got a nice wad for it!!