Register now to get rid of these ads!

Earl Scheib out of business???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hans' Rod & Cycle, Jul 20, 2010.

1. MCjim

MCjim
    from soCal

2. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Was in a 55 jag 120 if I remember correctly.. KIMG9236.JPG

bobss396 and bchctybob like this.
  3. My dad bought a '59 Chevy wagon in around 1965. It was a nice shiny dark blue. I came across a little can of touch up paint like that in the glove box.

4. silent rick

silent rick

I'll paint your car GOOD, FAST and CHEAP!(pick any two)

from our own earl scheib

5. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Don't laugh, but back in the late 60s one of the local guy's had his '55 Chevy painted by Earl Scheib. He brought the car ready for paint, meaning all the glass was out and all trim removed. Earl Scheib did such a beautiful job, that nobody believed him that that's where it was painted. That car with the Scheib paint job is still around.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The down the road 70 miles from me Maaco paint shop often has a stripped to the bones project car out in the lot waiting to be painted when I drive by there. Their prices aren't very cheap anymore but Prep work before you take a rig there is said to get a reasonably decent paint job.

7. chevrolet50steve

chevrolet50steve

Well over here in the uk I’d never heard of Earl Scheib until today when I found one of his decals in the trunk of a 59 I’ve just purchased,I googled it and was well impressed how the paint has lasted after so many years,looks like she had the full works,door,hood and trunk shuts too!!

Attached Files:

firstinsteele, thehazguy and Budget36 like this.
  8. GuyW

GuyW

A HAMB thread about Scheib without his nice '34 tub?

9. BJR

BJR

When was a about 16 a friend of mine's father had his station wagon painted by MACO. He left an umbrella on the back seat, and when he got the car back and removed the umbrella the outline was still on the seat!

chevrolet50steve likes this.
  10. I'll bet Earl charged them an extra $10 for materials for painting a stretch limo!
    :rolleyes:

chevrolet50steve likes this.
  11. Dave Gray

Dave Gray