Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects "BODY PARTS" Section needed?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by The37Kid, Jul 10, 2021.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

If you follow HAMB Builds you know some start with next to nothing and with a collection of bits & pieced turn into some really nice cars. Doors, Quarters, Roof sections, and PIECES of those parts get saved and used. Do people have "Junk" parts that they walk by every day not knowing others would pay good money for the usable scraps? Would a "Body Scraps & Pieces" section help some projects and fund others?

Bob

Just Gary, loudbang and reagen like this.
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    loudbang, Flathead Dave and Tman like this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    loudbang and Flathead Dave like this.
  4. alchemy

alchemy

This spring I had a pile of 23 T touring body parts for FREE that I couldn't give away. Still sitting in the corner, I can't make myself scrap them.

hotrodfil and DirtyJoe like this.

5. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

if it were to be "rough parts for sale" i might be able to give 'em a head start...

The37Kid likes this.
  6. The37Kid

The37Kid

I think I bought these door corners from you, along with other bits. I'm happy, just wish more people would cut off usable bits and list them. :)
    Bob

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. scotts52

scotts52

I take anything I can get my hands on. Sometimes, parts from one thing can be used for patching something else. Unfortunately, it seems like so much stuff is halfway or more across the country. Shipping kills it.

SR100 and The37Kid like this.
  8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Very true on the cost of shipping things. If half the door is good list it and ship the good usable half. I just wonder if people don't list stuff thinking it it too much trouble.

9. scotts52

scotts52

Too many people still don't understand the concept of one man's trash, another man's treasure. That and too often, trying to connect the have's with the have nots. I've had stuff for sale forever. As soon as I got rid of it, I or someone else, needed it.

I have been looking for a deck lid for a 33/ 34 Dodge or Plymouth coupe forever. The one time I found it, I'd missed it by days. Hadn't seen it for sale for over a month here on the HAMB.

10. Bob, I doubt Ryan would add another heading to the classifieds, with the " Parts for Sale" & "Wanted" category they should cover Body Parts.

Bringing up your idea here and fellow members reading the thread they may be motivated to post those cast off parts & pieces that have been laying around for years.

In 1975 I helped a friend chop a 1930 Model A sedan, I tossed the pieces we cut out in the scrap metal pile and they laid there for more than 4 decades.

I was at the North Georgia swap meet and a guy was walking around with a sign hanging around his neck the stated, "Looking for pieces to unchop a model A", I told him I thought I still had the pieces and gave him my phone number, he called mo on the following day and ask did I find the pieces and within a hour he was in my driveway, He ask me how much I wanted for the parts and I said nothing, I don't have a use for them and you need them so they are yours. HRP

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks HRP! That is my point. How many 1928-31 Ford Tudors had the tops & doors cut off to make "Tubs" ? I'd be happy to pay for good solid Tudor door tops. There are a lot of '32-36 3Windows made from leftovers too. May be the addition of "Body Parts" in a classified add will be a way to connect buyers & sellers. Bob

12. There's a set of sedan fenders behind my shop for the first guy that wants to come get them :D

13. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

i will cut to suit most of the parts for better shipping $... and i can't wrestle with the big stuff... DSCN7523.JPG DSCN7525.JPG DSCN7534.JPG DSCN7601.JPG DSCN7700.JPG

14. I wish I was closer to you.. I really want to take scraps and stitch together a yard art roadster. I pretty much need everything but a front axle and cowl sides, but it would be so cool. Crapy quarters, rusted deck lid, seized flatty, corroded and damaged aluminum heads, rusty wheels, and dry rotted tires. I would love to find some cheap hot rod trash. I don't even need seconds, I would take thirds and fourths. Haha. Your stuff looks pretty good tho. I wasn't calling your stuff trash, just dreaming of rusty gold..

15. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

tisn't that good... or i would have already used it !

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. I have a soft spot for old rusty metal. It's nice to look at. I hate to scrap it. I have a few lookers in the yard. 30s and 40s metal is the best for yard art. Not big into rat rods. But still, a yard art roadster done right would be the talk of the neighborhood. Would look great in font of the barn or adorning the driveway. I would imagine shipping quarters, doors, deck lid, and other rusty bits on a pallet would be pricy. Might be cheaper thru Fastenal or Eastwood? Would need a scrap Model A frame and rusty rear banjo too. Like I said.. Wish I was closer..

17. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

not pushing, as will eventually use it...
    i have a cheap A frame, closed car quarters, doors, cowls, very nasty decklid , light bar, lights, hood, grill, some fenders ...$600...
    get a pick up and a buddy to share driving/sleeping and come get it...
    or find a hamber coming your way...
    also [5] '29 doors, [1] quarter, decklid, lights/ bar,

Haven Hills Auto Club likes this.
  18. topher5150

topher5150

I have some odds and ends body parts for 41-48 Ford in the classified section

19. I will keep this in mind, but I can't commit to a trip right now. Work is busy finally. But if I can work a miracle I would take you up on that offer. Thanks for the offer and the info!

20. Yea, that's a 15 hour one way.. I love the deal, but can't do it anytime soon. I love seeing your builds by the way. Really cool stuff!

21. chev34ute

chev34ute

I have a shed full of scrap it’s all Australian made Chevrolet and Oldsmobile panels, mostly 34 Chevrolet. It was all scrounged out of the Bush by me over the years. I keep meaning to piece some of it together, the 34 stuff at least, to sell off as a complete body. I never get around to it.
    There are doors, garnishes, dashes and original surviving wood framing that surrounded the rear windows and header panels. I dragged this sorry pile out of the shed over the weekend to attempt to put it all back together. It was once a 36 Oldsmobile truck.
    32E76722-4098-432A-933B-AC88A84F25AB.jpeg ABB3DD65-05FF-488A-A872-4ED06D9CE0B2.png

22. If only you were closer.

23. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

like haven hills i like to sport a little yahrd ahrt ...
    had a few gockers... DSCN7248.JPG