Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mopar362000, Jun 27, 2021.

1. mopar362000

mopar362000

There will be a auction on july 3td.In Allentown pa 57 corvette not hamb friendly.2 anglias 38 ford roadster
    327 with supercharger 605 bbc all kinds of parts.estate sale

stillrunners and Budget36 like this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. oldolds

oldolds

And I thought I was the only one that read that auction notice!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. rusty valley

rusty valley

38 ford roadster ?

kidcampbell71 and Just Gary like this.

5. Been there....nice people - have fun and thanks for posting !

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. Any more info ? Just telling us that it is to be in Allentown, Pennsylvania is not enough info. Place ? Time ?

7. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think I just found it. Houser Auctioneers...

8. 5window

5window

Tman likes this.
  9. 5window

5window

Weather for Allentown on July 3 is 71 with a 37% chance of showers. You should be so lucky. It's 94 today.

10. mopar362000

mopar362000

Rusty that is how they describe it.no pics or 38 ford on website

rusty valley likes this.
  11. 5window

5window

The 'vette sounds like it's in pieces and they are selling the engine separately? The whole thing reads a bit wishy washy and I think the interest is not focused on autos.

12. redo32

redo32

There are pictures of an English Ford body tub on a frame with wide five wheels that must be what they are referring to 1938 Roadster.

13. oldolds

oldolds

It appears the Corvette was going to be a serious hot rod on a tube frame, ect. I doubt the engine that is there for it was a numbers matching item. I have not seen the car but it could be a bunch of parts put together to build a Corvette.

14. 5window

5window

This is from the auction listing:

1957 Chevy corvette – This vehicle is in the midst of a frame off restoration. The frame has been completely re-done and appears fully prepared for the very well done fiberglass body. A new coil over front suspension appears to be in progress. There is currently no transmission or engine. The original interior, top and glass will be sold with the vehicle. Additional parts sold with the car will be determined closer to sale date.. Then also, this:
    957 CORVETTE SALES PLAN: Let me start by saying my job as the auctioneer is to perform in the best interest of our seller. Due to the circumstances surrounding the corvette we have decided the best way to sell the vehicle is to include parts that I know were from or for that car. Therefore, the sale of the corvette will include the Fiberglass body, frame(believed to be an SR3 modern frame), doors, hood, interior seats and panels, hardtop, available glass, gauges, handles, and a large majority of the exterior chrome to include the front grill, front bumpers, most of the rear bumpers, and glass trim. The manual transmission will go with the car. THE ENGINE WILL BE SOLD SEPERATELY. Also, although we do have a good title, we have been unable to locate the driver side door VIN plate. PLEASE UNDERSTAND there will be other parts that will not be sold with the corvette because they are either duplicates or could be used on other corvette years. If you are interested in bidding via phone or absentee bid, please make sure you know exactly what you are buying. The sale of the vehicle will be final and there will be no refunds should you mistake something that you felt should have gone with the car but didn’t. If you have questions or would like to register for an absentee or phone bid, please call Jason at 484-550-8593.

They have found the VIN tag and it keys out to a '57 Vette made in St. Louis. Hope they post the sale price.

15. oldolds

oldolds

@5window Look at the pictures of the car. The engine is a blower motor. Not a numbers matching restoration being done.
    Frame pic
    corvette frame.jpg

16. 5window

5window

I don't disagree. There are at least 3 engines in the photos. And some nice Fiestaware. I don't imagine they'll do a very good job of separating the '57 stuff that goes with the car and the "other" corvette stuff they'll sell separately. I expect some bug Corvette guy will buy it all and then sort it out.

17. alchemy

alchemy

That little Anglia convertible thing is cool! Love the swoopy doors. Seems like a coachbuilt body and would be a rare car nowadays.

18. 5window

5window

Anybody go or have a report?

19. oldolds

oldolds

I was there at the start of the auction. I could not stay. There were over 200 registered bidders. Lots of them brought car trailers. The parts I saw sold were not cheap but not too high if you needed them.

20. 5window

5window

21. oldolds

oldolds

The Corvette brought $35,500. The Anglia's brought $5,000 and $3500. The Ford Roadster was an Anglia touring car. I am sure there is another name for it. Very rough. I did not get the price on it.

5window likes this.
  22. roadsterlines

roadsterlines

The roadster is possibly a 1938 Ford 7W (10 hp, three-hole grille) or a 1938 7Y (8 hp, different grille). Or it could be the next model small Ford, the 1939 E93A Prefect (10 hp, very different bonnet and grille to the 1938 models).

23. I was there with Stanley Dye, from Carlisle, Pa. who has 3, or 4 Anglias already. Terry Olsen from Anglias Obsolete was there, with his son Adam, as was Doug Snow from Lockport, New York. Doug bought both Anglias, as well as a lot of Rich Bears new fiberglass fenders. Rich was the owner of all of this, unfortunately he passed away. Rich had made high quality fiberglass parts for Anglia, Prefect, and Thames English Fords. Stanley bought the roadster, for $ 1250.00. Terry Olson and his son Adam helped Stanley identify more of the roadster parts so that he could buy them. As they were packing up, Stanley mentioned to Doug that one of the ragged side curtains for the roadster was laying inside one of the Anglias that Doug had bought. Doug graciously gave the side curtain to Stanley as he knew Stanley would need it to finish the roadster. Stanley, Doug, Terry, and Adam all got to know each other, and there was some beneficial dealing between them. It was a good time for all of us, and rich's widow did well, too.
    The blower motor was not for real. It was a dummy blower set-up that Rich was building beford his passing.

5window and alchemy like this.
  24. 5window

5window

Thanks for the coverage and the explanation. Did you think the 'vette was a fair price or auction mania?

25. oldolds

oldolds

At first thought I thought the Corvette was high. After thinking about it I thought a bit different. The tube frame was probably a $10k piece or more. Then whatever a 57 Corvette basket case with title was worth. The body looked like it was one piece not put together parts. They are not $3000 anymore.
    The car had the makings of a $200k pro touring car. All you needed was another $300k to do it.;)

Budget36, kidcampbell71 and 5window like this.