Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Book Review: Deuce! 1932 Ford Hot Rods from the Bruce Meyer Collection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Book Review: Deuce! 1932 Ford Hot Rods from the Bruce Meyer Collection

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    rumblytruck, 63fdsnr, Tim and 5 others like this.
  2. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Been a deuce guy since 1957 and a fan of Bruce Meyer for years. Just ordered the book, should have it by Friday?

stillrunners likes this.
  3. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I have met Bruce at a few events, including the River City Reliability (event dropping) Run,. Peterson Museum and such. He was always a great humble guy, with an insane collection!

Tman and HEMI32 like this.
  4. Wow, what a lineup !!! @Deuce Bruce

@3wLarry :)

Larry would've loved to see it. Always liked his red Prufer '32 also. Wonder where that one went ? :eek:

God bless ya' Bruce. You too, Larry !!! Of course.

HEMI32 likes this.

5. 32Stoker

32Stoker

Impressive collection. Bravo to the ORIGINAL BUILDERS. Hopefully Bruce shared all of his Pebble Beach Concours de Elegance awards with these gentlemen…

6. Deuce Bruce

Deuce Bruce

Thanks Jive Bomber Jay...MOST appreciate the "shout out". My love of the Deuce runs deep since 1948...HOT ROD magazine is to blame! So happy you enjoyed the book...and thanks go to Steve Coonan, Ken Gross, Alex Xydias, Chip Foose and Peter Harholdt...and MOST of all to the builders of these 8 amazing cars. I'm just the custodian and delighted to have restored, preserved and shared them!!! Never lift....

7. Deuce Bruce

Deuce Bruce

I sure hope you enjoy the book...and thanks for the kind words!!!

Cyclone Kevin, Tman and KKrod like this.
  8. Deuce Bruce

Deuce Bruce

9. Deuce Bruce

Deuce Bruce

THANKS!!! Was with Mark Morton this weekend and reminiscing about the River City Runs. Never lift...

Hamtown Al, Tman and Algoma56 like this.
  10. Deuce Bruce

Deuce Bruce

THANKS!!! We've put many miles on Larry's 3-W...just LOVE that car and I'm sure Larry is looking on and happy to know it's still "rolling"....

11. Deuce Bruce

Deuce Bruce

Tman likes this.
  12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looks great! I’ll have to add this to the shopping list. Always happy to see new hotrod books available!

13. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How's the ol' Dick Scritchfield's '32 hiboy surviving???

Hamtown Al likes this.
  14. Ordered the book. Now I may have to not sell the Federal-Mogul heads and make a copy of the McGee roadster.

15. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

One thing I noticed is that all the '32s have normal 7" headlights just like I have been saying were the ones used to replace those huge old bulb and reflector originals. Not some resilvered giant reflectors and special bulbs like so many of today's builds that claim to be period correct and "traditional".

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Got my book Friday. Due to pressing chassis work in the shop I've only gotten thru the chapter about the McGee/Scritchfield roadster but it was great. I'm sure the rest of the book will be to. Excellent photography.

17. ClarkL

ClarkL
    BANNED
    from Knoxville

My father introduced me to this book. But thanks to your review, I was able to look at it from the other side. I've been interested in old cars for a very long time and even wrote a dissertation on hot births at university. Then I used https://uk.edubirdie.com/assignment-help because for the first time I had to write such a big work. I remember the first time I saw these cars - in the movie "The Two of Spades". After that, I saw him many more times and with each such time, my love for old cars only increased.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021