Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Stolen - Bonnieville sign

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stillrunners, Jun 17, 2021.

1. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dunno, Marty. Maybe if they didn't tell anybody but the gubbmint safety folks require all kinds of warning signs for such. On the bright side, maybe the thieving bastard ( or bastards ) are illiterate.

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. 34Phil

34Phil

I'd guess tweaker who took it to scrap yard

loudbang likes this.
  3. MCjim

MCjim
    from soCal

Unlikely...the frame and support left behind would have more scrap value than the sign. This was the work of a narcistic, selfish douchebag; he would steal parts at a swap meet. There are shitty people in the car hobby world, like anywhere else.

Carter, The37Kid, loudbang and 6 others like this.
  4. Deuces

Deuces

Don't give anyone ideas.....;)

loudbang likes this.
  5. adam401

adam401

Its a weird thing to steal if your a car guy. What do you do with it, keep it under the bed and look at it occassionally? If I saw that sign at someones house it would be a problem. It was probably some dumb asses that have no idea about its significance

The37Kid, loudbang and jim snow like this.
  6. trollst

trollst

These are people who don't think about where they'll hang it till they've actually stolen it, then the realisation hits. Look, thieves are scum, period, the worst kind of people, who, have no value or respect for others, only think of themselves, don't and never will understand the value of obtaining things by putting out some effort. This may be "only" a taxpayer funded sign, but it is our sign, he-they, have stolen it from us for their own selfish gain. Lets just hope one of us hears about it, finds it, turns the thief over and we get it back.

7. Probably NOT a car guy. We had a historic spot in a State Park up here in the Hills called Poets Table. It was a secluded table where people would hike to and write or leave mementos of lost loved ones. Really pretty cool and been there for decades. A couple chicks got offended about the "pollution" and cut up the table and stole it. Might be something similar with the lands end sign.

The37Kid, loudbang, 48fordnut and 2 others like this.
  8. wow...it took a lot of posts to get to the usual ...."we gotta kick his ass, or somebody needs to deliver a beatdown, etc.... I tend to agree with Tman.... probably not a car guy. In this day and age everyone's offended by and about everything, as a result there is a sense of obligation by misguided folk to take it upon themselves to right every" wrong" they envision.For those people stealing signs is just the tip of the iceburg.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  9. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Well that prick should have been banned outright. The HAMB doesn't condone theft.

48fordnut and alanp561 like this.
  10. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I don't think it occurred to him he was stealing. He thought he was finding things no one else had discovered. Like the cultural difference when Indians captured horses from folks who had more horses than they could protect. It was an honorable contest. The white eyes didn't see it that way.

11. The way I look at it, tax cheats, sign stealers, park bench destroyers, et al, aren't screwing, cheating, or stealing from 'the government' (local, county, state or federal), they are perpetrating these crimes against YOU and ME as taxpayers. WE provide the funding! I get just as pissed off by tax cheats as I do sign thieves! They are both low lives in my book!
    Unfortunately, we also have extremists who could have ripped it off to protest: A) the folks that think the salt flats should be left entirely to nature (in other words.... don't screw it up by driving it), and B) the folks that think every natural resource should be exploited for monetary gain (stay away so we can mine all the minerals here).
    "The more I know about people, the better I like my dog!"

12. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Mark Twain, "I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?"