Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green Who is Going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by enloe, Apr 20, 2021.

1. This is what it is all about. I am watching and you guys have made my day.:) Carry on you crazy Hot Rodders, YEA!!;)

2. Thanks buddy, I do too. I have to get down your way for a visit or event. Thanks again for posting all this.:)

3. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

We had a BLAST with you guys.

4. Hey Lloyd,
    That’s a good pic of you and the missus,,,,,,.
    It’s funny,,,,depending on what cap you are wearing,,,,,you can’t be recognized.
    A hat and that Tache,,,,,always is a disguise,,,,LoL.
    I’m planning on being there tomorrow,,,,,keep an eye out for me .

Tommy

5. Wat_Tyler

Wat_Tyler
    from right here

Finally!!! A day off of this grind of a job that doesn't want to finish, and a day of sun and cars and Gawd knows what else. No car to bring this year, and I doubt that I'll ride the bike, but I probably should. Maybe car next year.

Met a nice couple at the donut shop yesterday morning. Bought their holes and twists for them, and they were so polite and grateful. It's a joy to see that Good Manners haven't entirely disappeared. And that was a cute F1 they were driving, too. There have interesting rides out and about in town, too. This is good Car Country here, glad to say.

Be headed into town to see you lot here directly. You have been duly warned . . . . :D

mad mikey and enloe like this.
  6. Crafty

Crafty
    from UK

Great pictures Lloyd, hope to see some mroe!

Saturday coverage:

mad mikey likes this.
  7. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

We went to get breakfast. I am dragging this morning.

mad mikey likes this.
  8. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I don’t know how you old guys do it:)

mad mikey likes this.
  9. We stay in a luxury hotel.
    Clean shower, air conditioning, breakfast included.
    Still drag a little by third day.
    Taking a couple of vacation days before heading home.

j3harleys, enloe and mad mikey like this.
  10. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Don't forget to stick around for the fireworks.

enloe and mad mikey like this.
  11. I got to go up and I had a great time !
    I met Lloyd and his lovely wife,,,,,,they treated me like I was an old friend .
    Also met Dick and Bob,,,,,two of Lloyds friends from years before.
    They are retired engineers from Harley Davidson,,,,,and experienced car guys .
    I definitely had some good conversations with them,,,,and enjoyed learning some things I didn’t know,,,,,,and also learned that several things I currently do on engine rebuilds are right on the money,,,, thanks guys .
    I met Enloe right as I was leaving,,,,,great guy,,,,,I was sorry I had to leave so early .
    But,,,,in my current condition,,,,I wasn’t able to handle very much heat or humidity.
    And I had to walk over a quarter of a mile from my car,,,,,on a cane,,,,LoL.
    As I was leaving,,,,Lloyd had some friends take me back on a golf cart,,,,it was a blessing !
    Thank you Lloyd!,,,,,,that saved a lot of walking on my old body .

I was very impressed with the quality of old hot rods there,,,,,a lot of rides there .
    A very large number of Hamb friendly vehicles there,,,,,,some awesome machines .
    I’m sorry I wasn’t able to walk around and get any pics,,,,,maybe I will be better able next year,,,,it was great .
    I plan on going next year,,,,,Good Lord willing !
    Tommy

12. Goes to show us all what a great person Lloyd and his family, friends really are. Glad you had a good time Desoto291Hemi.

13. I didn't know the people from Adam lol, i just yelled at the first golf cart that came by and asked if they'd give my buddy a ride back to his car :D worst they could've done was tell me no, then I'd just flag down the next one! ;) all of you guys that stopped by to say hi was great. Just proves that car guys are a breed above everybody else. I felt like i had known Enloe my whole life right after i met him, and i hope him and everybody else that stopped by my place felt the same way. I had guys stop and ask how the car did and if i was having any problems or needed help, and when i asked who they were on here, they told me they wasn't members, just guest that like to read the hamb and had been following my trials and tribulations lol. Great time, had a blast, sad it's over for another year. But i made new friends that i get to come back and see next year! And that's the best part of the reunion ;) I've got about a hundred pictures on my phone, I'll post them when i get home tmrw. Everybody be safe in your travels :cool:

14. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sounds like everyone had a great time. Safe travels home.

loudbang, mad mikey and enloe like this.
  15. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

It was nice to meet you and your wife. And Enlo. You guys ever see us out or get back this way. Holler at me

16. Wat_Tyler

Wat_Tyler
    from right here

Okay, went to the show and wandered every car shown and every tidbit table for sale, and there's no way in Hell I had any idea who was who from here. I did run into some friends I've made in BG since I've been here.

The '27 Cadillac was the most surprising thing I saw. Liked the 4 Anglias and 4 Henry J's, too, including the one for sale.

Maybe next year, eh?

sidewayzz69 and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  17. Glad it's over, in the sense my ears need a rest, and the whole event was sensory overload.
    Saw old friends I had not seen in a couple years from Alabama, Tennessee, Indiana, Illinois. Got introduced to new friends from Texas, Kentucky and others.
    Going on a short wind-down vacation today, will get home Tuesday.
    Looking forward to the next Hot Rod Reunion.

18. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Loaded up and heading home

19. unfinished

unfinished

Lloyd have ya made it home yet? Let us know if ya need a hand

20. Yes sir! We just walked in the house, gonna hit the freaking swimming pool for a while! Car did fine, but it'll have a new 283 in the next couple of weeks :D IMG_9869.jpg

21. To you guys that have never met Lloyd,,,,,let me describe him to you .
    He is a very big guy,,,,,pretty darn big .
    A good old country boy ,,,that speaks Kentucky English,,,,just like I speak Tennessee English .
    Southern way of talking and we like it that way .

He has a matter of fact way of speaking to you .
    When he speaks to you,,,he looks right straight at you in the eyes .
    I like that !

when you speak to him,,,,,he looks right at you,,,,you have his undivided attention.
    I like that as well !

He’s very sincere,,,,,he listens attentively,,,,and he asks questions.
    And he offers his own opinions as well .
    I like that !

We hit it off,,,,,although I had never met him,,,,,just conversations on the Hamb .
    And I was glad to see our opinions were very similar on cars and ways to build cars .
    He’s a really great guy,,,,you will like him. If you ever get to meet him .
    A good old boy,,,,,there’s not one thing wrong with that !
    He’s a fireman,,,,,and his lovely wife is a nurse,,,,works 12 hour shifts .

They are really great people,,,,,if you can go to Bowling Green next year go,,,,,you won’t be sorry .
    Oh yeah,,,,,,there were a lot of cool cars and trucks there too,,,,LoL.

Tommy

Dog_Patch, unfinished, enloe and 3 others like this.
  22. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

True Tommy.I met him and his wife,at BG..Great people. Met Enlo and his his son. Great guys.

loudbang, Desoto291Hemi and saltflats like this.
  23. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

Glad youns made it home. Was nice to meet you and your wife.

24. I only met Enloe as I was leaving,,,,only about 60 seconds,,,maybe .
    Seemed like a really great guy as well !
    I’m sorry I wasn’t able to stay longer and get acquainted,,,,,he’s from East Tennessee,,,,,so I’m certain he is A -Okay !

Tommy

25. Yeah man, thanks for your help. If you're ever in my area, be sure to let me know and we'll hang out :D

sidewayzz69 and enloe like this.
  26. Hey Phil, thanks for stopping by to say hello, it was a pleasure meeting you. Hopefully you get your bugs ironed out and back on the road soon :D

sidewayzz69, pprather and enloe like this.
  27. Don't have a comeback for any of that!! Thanks for the kind words my friend, thanks for getting out and making the trip up to hang out with me, wish you could've spent more time, but I understand the circumstances. I would've fed you more hotdogs lol. It was great having you sit around the thinking table with us! Bob and Dick are awesome guys, i give them more hell than you could ever imagine, but they're wonderful friends and so are you buddy.

sidewayzz69, Desoto291Hemi and enloe like this.
  28. Greg Rogers

Greg Rogers

Well, I got to meet Lloyd and Mrs. Lloyd, Sorry I didn't get to see you, Enloe and you other guys. It was a great time, we also went to the Corvette Museum and the road track ( even drove gokarts). IMG_3267.JPG IMG_3269.JPG IMG_3255.JPG

loudbang, guthriesmith, enloe and 2 others like this.
  29. Heck yeah, thanks for swinging in Greg, maybe next year we'll all have more time to hang out. And i forgot about something, later last night we were walking back to the car so i text Enloe to see where he was and if we was going to eat together, this picture was the reply i got, now would you wanna go back to your car knowing that big hairy ass fucker was there waiting? Lmao! 645843345.jpg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021