Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Lawn Art

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Naki boy, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Naki boy

Naki boy

Hello Gentlemen

I bought "Model A project & parts" off a local auction site here in New Zealand.
    I don't know if it was the beer or my wife not being there to hold me back from jumping in too deep but I'm the proud owner of some Lawn art.

I've recently had controlled panic and tried unsuccessfully to sell it as my job was in question, but all good so I've got a slow dribble of money to fund this project, I also would like to sell some parts to help fund it too.
    There lies the rub, I'm not sure what to build so some encouragement and guidance would be welcome.
    I'll post the photos from the auction so you can inspect :)

The bulk of the parts are a late 29 sedan cut down to a pick up and parts of a 30-31 roadster.
    Not sure what to build, I suspect the Roadster would be easer for a novice Model A guy like myself.
    But a chopped and channeled fender less truck would be super cool IMHO and I see a lot of roadsters.

Cheers Chris

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG 10.JPG 11.JPG 12.JPG 13.JPG

2. lake_harley

lake_harley

Must have been a lot of beer!:eek:

Have fun!

Lynn

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

decisions - decisions - lucky that you still have a home to come back to after showing up with all of that stuff in the yard

loudbang likes this.
  4. Rckt98

Rckt98

Was that on Trade Me? I missed it if it was, which was probably a good thing. I don't need another project.

5. MCjim

MCjim
    from soCal

Mister, you're a better man than I.

6. TCTND

TCTND

Well, that corrugated siding could go a long way where body bits are missing.

7. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Cliff drivers are krazy, this looks like fun.

8. Naki boy

Naki boy

Yes it was mate, dam it!

9. Naki boy

Naki boy

Oh yeah you better believe it.

10. Naki boy

Naki boy

Ouch, but fair enough ;)

11. Naki boy

Naki boy

Haha this is gona need more beer

oldiron 440 likes this.
  12. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like a great score to me. Don't know what you paid for it, but if reasonable, I wouldn't be able to pass it up either.

13. spanners

spanners

Doesn't look too bad to me. I've seen builders start with a lot shittier items.

14. Nice collection . Looks like most of the big parts are there so you won,t be wasting time travelling the islands chasing more big parts. I would build the pickup first at normal ride height and with fenders as in your last photo . The roadster body is smaller and can be stacked up in the corner of the garage or even in an attic. Now get stuck into it.

15. Packrat

Packrat

Looks like a really good score to me, lots of cool stuff there!

16. You did well regardless of what your wife said.

17. It depends on who is looking at that. The average person just see's junk. My wife would think Ron is looking for something that he has missed placed again. A vender thinks $$$. A restorer just thinks it's left overs. A Hot Rodder sees a model A- high boy. I think I'm seeing a home built model A woody wagon, and I'm at the beach. And there's lots of cute girls in bikini's. and, I'm sorry, what was your question?

Naki boy, Budget36 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  18. alchemy

alchemy

Those aren't roadster quarters, those are cut off coupe quarters. I'd build the coupe. Just need to find some roof parts.

Packrat likes this.
  19. I don't see any roadster parts either. I think what may be the easiest, what you have the most parts for is a full fendered pickup. Thats the way I would go anyway. Sell off the rest to help fund it. Looks like you have acquired a good collection.

20. Guy Patterson

Guy Patterson

Full fender pickup looks like the most parts an would be different

21. clem

clem

am I the only one that sees a full fendered pickup - and a high-boy roadster..........?

22. Naki boy

Naki boy

Oh and it came with this lump.
    Looks fordish so just another oil leak and rattle waiting to happen.

LUMP.JPG

23. Naki boy

Naki boy

Thats what it looks like in my garage that or an Ikea with no instructions and half the parts missing.